• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Person Zelda Game?

Would a first person zelda game be cool?
I dont want to ruin the zelda style and move out of 3rd person but i think they should give it a try.
What do you guys think.

i really don't think it would work out, at all! like no maybe you can be able to move around while using the bow or something like in ss but no just like for the whole gam i don't hink it'll work

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Shigeru Miyamoto wanted Ocarina of Time to be first person but i hope it never happens. it works for shooter but with Zelda being exploration/swords i don't think it would work as well

We have a little of that when aiming with arrows etc. however a full Zelda game in first person... I just don't think it would have the same feel... of a Zelda game :P

I only play 3rd person games. I've never enjoyed first person so I would say no. I think what they did with SS was enough, where you could look around, move, but always returned to 3rd person viewing.

Hmmm...well, people were at first skeptical of Metroid Prime, since all Metroid games at that point had been third-person sidescrollers. While I'm not sure how it would work for Zelda, I wouldn't mind if they decided to try it out. Who knows? It might be as awesome (if not more!) as MP. :D Open mind, people!

I don't think the game would do as good in first person. It would mess the feel of the game up and take away from some of Zelda's orignallity.

ZeldaAllDay

Fierce Deity
if there was a 1st person game i would get it and probably like it, but i would still prefer to have it 3rd person, i just think its better played like that.

I don't think that idea would work all that well. Think about it. If Link was in 1st person view it would be very difficult to see your surroundings or be able to move around effectively. The Legend of Zelda was born in a 3rd person view and to me, I think it should stay that way.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
If Nintendo decided to try first person they would have to include an option to play in third person as well. Everybody has their own gaming preferences.
Actually, including a first person mode might make the series more popular with FPS players. I think Nintendo should focus on the RPG elements first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom