• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Game Console

Warbad

Gotta love me!
Mine was the Nintendo 64. First game? SUPER MARIO 64, OF COURSE...ahhh, those good old times when I was just a little tot.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
SNES.jpg

Right here is my fisrt console. I have always enjoyed playing SNES games. Good times...

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Everyone else here seems to of gotten there first console alot earlier than me...my first console was either the gameboy advance or the nintendo 64. I remember getting both of them the same day, but dont remember what I got first.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My first console was the NES that my older sister (by 6,5 years) and I bought together with our birthday money (I don't know how old I was, but I think I was still in single digits back then). It was her idea and it was on sale apparently. She enjoyed it for a while, while I really got into games and eventually she offered me to buy her out and it became completely mine :) Eventually I found more affordable games to buy for it and I started swapping games with the boys in the neighborhood.

My first game console was a Genesis (Megadrive). My brother had himself an SNES and my dad brought home a free Genesis that I claimed.

Claire

The Geekette
The first console I played was a handheld, the Sega GameGear, which belonged to my dad. I only was able to play one game though, which was Sonic 2. It has definitely contributed to my love of handhelds. There's something very comforting in portability, though, I'm very happy we've since moved away from needing 6 AA batteries to operate a handheld.. which were quickly drained in the GameGear. Despite being my first console to play, the Game Boy Color was my first handheld love. It far surpassed any expectation I had based on my experience with the GameGear. It was portable, better battery life (and less batteries!), and lets face it.. it looked a lot cooler. Sleek design, cool colors, and much smaller than the GameGear.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I have absolutely no idea what the original console I had was called but I do vividly remember it. It was similar to an SNES but it was smaller, perhaps even a cheap knock-off. It had the same controller layout and took cartridges but these cartridges contained about 99 games on them and were much smaller than the ones that were made for SNES. Games I remember playing often from this console were Prince of Persia, Super Mario Bros., A retextured version of Brick, Galaga, Galaxian, Tetris, Duck Hunt and other shooters like it (because this console also had a knockoff zapper)...and many others but names escape me right now.

If anyone has any idea of what I may be talking about, I would love to learn the name of this console.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
first console in my family: SNES. First console actually mine: nintendo 64

Funny, same with me. I actually have trouble telling which one was technically my first, but I'm pretty sure right now it was the SNES. I think my family must've gotten it for my older brothers at least a year or two before I came along. The only thing I kinda feel bad for is that we didn't have many games for it, my favorite one we had was Yoshi's Island... man, Yoshi's Island... *spaces out*

*cue random cold water splash from above*

Brrrr... anyway, I think the other ones were Super Mario World and All-Stars, Toy Story (it was kinda like Donkey Kong Country, in case anyone wonders), a Power Rangers fighter and tied with YI (at least for me) was Super Mario RPG, which I never got to beat. Thinking on getting back to that someday, before the old thing dies on me.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
My first game console was a SNES. It's hard to remember exactly, but the first games I remember playing on it as a young child were Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, and A Link to the Past.

My first game console was the SNES. My first games for it were LoZ: ALTTP, Super Mario World, and Donkey Kong Country.

My cousin's first game console was the Sega Genesis I think. Whenever I went to his house we'd play Sonic the Hedgehog all day, and my parents would almost literally have to drag me away when it was time to leave.

Ah, the good ol' 90's....

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I think mine was a GameBoy Advance SP, and my first game was Yoshi's Island. I just remember being annoyed when I got it because I had asked for a DS and it was pink :p
Not long after that I got the DS Lite, along with Phantom Hourglass
and bam I ended up here

EDIT: WAIT I LIED
My first one was my dad's PS1, we used to play on that all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom