• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Experiences with the Silent Realms

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
It took to get awhile how it works down I actually but when I found the Silent Realm and I actually bought the guidebook because I couldn't beat the first one and I'm who doesn't like to use stuff like that on the 1st playthrough.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
At first, in the thing where fi explained the whole thing, i thought, "well, this seems easy! just the same as the light bug thingys in TP!" but, of course, then it started. I automatically said:"wait, what!?" i had no idea at all how to do it, but i eventually just got used 2 it. i died the first couple times, cuz i had no idea what i was doing, but after a couple of tries i really got the hang of it, and i didnt lose one after that. actually, now that i think about it, i dont understand why i had trouble in the first place. I mean, its not TOO hard! SHEESH!!!

R

Red Waffles

Iskipped past what fi said so when I started I was startled and ran to safety. Then of course I skipped past some more text and ran into waking water nd when the gueardians came to live I was thinking that of course it was waking water why else would it be that easy.

I only failed once in the Faron Woods, and twice in the Lanayru region. As many times as I watched the video and saw where each one was, I was like, "Which one did I miss??" And got caught =/
Crazy enough, the Eldin one I nearly breezed through. I narrowly escaped being caught about 3 or 4 times, but luckily got to a tear in time. I kept hitting the waking water on the slide and it was driving me crazy! I think that's the only spot where I actually got nearly caught. Cause the first time I hit it, I missed the tear and I kept sliding down. THANKFULLY I did not retrieve that tear at the bottom of the slide and got it. Then the second attempt, I missed the tear again and hit the waking water, and at that point I thought, "Crap, I'm going to get caught." But I kept running, I ran toward the air geyser, floated up...but I didn't know where the guardian was. So....NO JOKE!!!....I HID BEHIND THE GEYSER!!! LOL!!!! I swear, it worked, as soon as I saw the guardian's shadow, I bolted around the other side, went down the slide and FINALLY got the tear! My heart was pounding out of my chest, but once I got it I started cracking up because I was just in shock that hiding actually worked for the moment. LOL!!!

K

Kanas

I played at 2:00AM. That did not help. The way I failed the Volcano more than one time made it frustrating, but ofcourse it was beat in the end.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I remember it like this-

Link: Alright, gonna just collect those tear thingies Fi just explained and be on my…..^^

*Steps outside and the notices the theme music change*

Link: Way…..holy crap what the hell, I’m gonna freaking die o_O

Mace Guardian: Come here, you :mad:

Link: Running, running, running, running…..man, at this rate my stamina gauge is gonna deplete and I’ll get destroyed!!!

Dual Knifes Guardian: I wouldn't say destroyed.....now then, ready to get sliced and diced?

Link: Ahhh, that doesn’t sound any better at all really and…..grabbing a Tear!

Guardians: Son of a…..nighty night -.-

Link: Geez that was just terrifying….thank the Goddess it’s over. I’ll have to watch it here and….oh look, a timer to indicate how long I have until they wake up….isn’t that just fantastic?

Watcher: You better get moving, kid, or else I’ll wake ‘em up early…..and then fantastic will be the last word coming to mind.....especially since there's one right behind you.

Link: Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttt…..see ya!

That's crazy!

Last edited:
M

mariner47

I always find myself getting way too lazy on my way back to the circle after getting al the tears and get caught by a watcher. In Eldin, I actually got all the tears, then FORGOT the way back to the safe zone. I eventually got to it without dying, but with about 4 guardians chasing me. My heart was racing.

My first time on a Silent Realm was terrifying. The ever-looming fear of being noticed, the evil faces of the gaurdians, the frantic searching and the watchers all added to the constant feeling of fear. Despite these reasons it was so rewarding finishing the trials and getting the new items and gear and Nintendo made a really good job of testing the players awareness and caution.

I remember it like this-

Link: Alright, gonna just collect those tear thingies Phi just explained and be on my…..^^

*Steps outside and the notices the theme music change*

Link: Way…..holy crap what the hell, I’m gonna freaking die o_O

Mace Guardian: Come here, you :mad:

Link: Running, running, running, running…..man, at this rate my stamina gauge is gonna deplete and I’ll get destroyed!!!

Dual Knifes Guardian: I wouldn't say destroyed.....now then, ready to get sliced and diced?

Link: Ahhh, that doesn’t sound any better at all really and…..grabbing a Tear!

Guardians: Son of a…..nighty night -.-

Link: Geez that was just terrifying….thank the Goddess it’s over. I’ll have to watch it here and….oh look, a timer to indicate how long I have until they wake up….isn’t that just fantastic?

Watcher: You better get moving, kid, or else I’ll wake ‘em up early…..and then fantastic will be the last word coming to mind.....especially since there's one right behind you.

Link: Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttt…..see ya!

That's crazy!

LOVE THIS!!! LOL!!

A

alexa

After every Silent Realm I would look down at my hands and they would be shaking uncontrollably for 10 minutes or more... It was weird but kind of awesome. And my heart would be beating so loud and fast that I could hear it... Especially if I was caught or about to be caught. I always dreaded doing them, but when I actually started they were all a lot of fun... :D

After a week I decided to do the Skyloft one (yes, a week!). There was just 1 tear left... And then I get killed because i couldn't find it... :S

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
At first, it scared me, now I kinda like it. Here's how I think of it.

Guardians are throwing a party. They have the Tears which are the nachos. They go to sleep when the Host's parents show up. Now the parents don't care about you. But the parents leave after a while. Waking Water is rootbear, and the Watchers are like the Guardian's hostages/servants in the party. The Watchers only alert the Guardians accidentall because they think Link arrived to rescue them. So yeah.

J

johnwolf

first time i did it i was searching for the last tear and couldn't find it so i left ad came back then compleated the realm. lanayru though got me killed 3 times and edin only 2. the final one i died once because i got carless. out of all of them i wasn't realy afraid of Skyloft's, don't know why eather. other ones i was freaked out the entire time.

T

TwilightWolf22

I hated and loved the silent realms at the same time. On my first playthrough of the game I was so scared at every silent realm and ran away from the guardians so much that I never got killed on any of them, but on my second playthrough I got kinda cocky and ended up getting hit on the Lanayru one. Figures.

One thing I liked about the silent realms is all the adrenaline and fear of the trial made the reward at the end so much more worth it. Especially the Clawshots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom