• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First 3 Temples

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but the first three temples are usely Forest, Swamp anything like that. Then theres a temple where you first meet the Gorons, and then theres where you meet the Zoras. The first three temples usely go like that and you have to get somthing from all of them, and move on to bigger things to get. But anyway has anyone noticed that?

Of course. I've generally come to see that as the way it's done. Ever since OoT I think it's been like that. Deku, Mountain, Water. Then Wind Waker went Fire/Rock, Forest, and didn't have a water dungeon. And then TP, which was Forest, Fire, and then Water again.

Chris

It has been awhile...
It is usually like that on the 3-D games.

On 2-D games, the temples are really mixed up and are really only there to get an item that leads to the next temple. If you are saying this about 3-D Zeldas, then you are basically right.

Good observation :)

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Of course. I've generally come to see that as the way it's done. Ever since OoT I think it's been like that. Deku, Mountain, Water. Then Wind Waker went Fire/Rock, Forest, and didn't have a water dungeon. And then TP, which was Forest, Fire, and then Water again.

The Temple of the Gods is pretty much a water dungeon without the word "water" in the name. The whole place was flooded, there were water based puzzles, etc.

But anyway, yeah, that seems to generally be how it goes with the 3-D games so far.

Z

ZeroJinKui

another chain they seem to have with a few of the games, is collecting three mystical objects, then either losing them or having them serve their purpose, and then having to collect many more other things.

link to the past, three pendants, then.. what was it, seven maidens?

ocarina of time, three jewels, then the six medallions [well, actually only 5 since the first one is handed to ya]

wind waker, those three orbs, then the pieces of the triforce of courage

twilight princess, the three fused shadows, and then the uhh.. forgot how many parts pf the mirror of twilight had to be collected...

but you get the idea, also seems LttP, OoT, and WW all had different versions of the first three items.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
It is usually like that on the 3-D games.

On 2-D games, the temples are really mixed up and are really only there to get an item that leads to the next temple. If you are saying this about 3-D Zeldas, then you are basically right.

Good observation :)

I didn't noticted it from just the 3-D games, I was just playing TP one day then I noticted it.:)

Yeah, that's just a pattern Nintendo seems to follow. The theme for the first three temples are three common and totally individual elements. Of course, with the 2D games there usually aren't three "starter" temples. But yeah, 3 seems to also be the "magic number".

Yeah, I've noticed it too. It may seem a bit repetitive, but it kind of makes sense when you think about it. The three temples represent the three goddesses:

Farore = Earth
Din = Fire
Nayru = Water

I wonder if there's a reason behind that. Maybe Link has to gain favour with each goddess by completing their respective temples before he is considered a worthy enough hero to wield the Master Sword? That was kind of what happened in Ocarina of Time, where the Spiritual Stones were the keys to unlocking the Door of Time. Didn't LttP have something similar (I haven't played it)? Wind Waker had the Tower of the Gods, but you needed the Pearls to access it. In Twilight Princess you were hunting for Fused Shadows, but why did Zant send them to those temples in particular? Something tells me that could have been a case of subtle divine intervention.

Of course, that's just a theory. The real reason could be different.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
ALTTP: Mountain Forest, Desert, Mountain.
OOT: Forest, Fire, Water.
MM: Swamp, Mountain, Ocean.
TWW: Mountain, Forest, Water.
TMC: Forest, Fire, Water.
TP: Forest, Fire, Water.
PH: Fire, Wind, Courage.

These are from most of the games I have played that I noticed a pattern.

Its sorta inevitable. I mean how many different kinds of places can you put in Hyrule (or any other land for that matter). You got some kind of natural, "earthy" setting such as a forest or swamp, a water based area such as a lake, and a mountainous area. Those are all present in about any land, especially during medieval times like those that the series apparently takes place in.

Z

Zlaja

I noticed that when I was playing MM and OoT. Thats going through zelda series... temples in zelda are big quest and little quest is when u are doing something not in temple I like when I fight vs gorons (sumo fight),horse battles are cool too and other things in TP so as in OoT and MM.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I did notice that. I guess there is nothing wrong with it. Kind of like a trade mark. But... I guess if Zelda was really going to work on something new... we could do without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom