• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Firefly

Who wishes Fox hadn't treated this show like the short-bus riding step-child and would bring it back? Firefly started slow, but ended with a bang. By far one of the most promising Science Fiction series to die in in its first year.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Sci-fi shows usually get canceled early. It's just not "popular". It's considered fringe, nerdy, and distasteful. Fox is one of the worst offenders of it. They're the most stuck up people.

Firefly would have lasted longer if it started on another network, any other network. But it would have been canceled eventually before making a full run. Networks don't care how good a sci-fi show is. They're regularly canceled for no apparent reason.

Firefly was amazing. But its short life was a letdown. Characters that had places had no room to grow. In Serenity, they really rushed character development to give a sort of finality to it. Serenity was good, but didn't really feel like the series did.

Firefly turned out to be one of Fox's biggest mistakes. It's one of the all time leaders in dvd sales despite the way they treated it, as is Serenity despite them doing their best to ruin it. They only made the movie to shut up its fanbase. Hate Fox, I don't watch anything on that channel any more.

I never watched Firefly when it was on TV, but got into it later on when it was released on DVD, like many other people. I loved the show so the way it ended left me disappointed. There was so much more story to tell in that universe, it's a shame that it got canceled.

Serenity was great and at least we got some closure, but Firefly was a TV show that could have lasted for many seasons.

I couldn't get into the comic books either that followed up on the TV show. They just weren't as good and didn't have the feel of the TV series.

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
Wait, there's comics? Wow, I'm out of touch. ^^'
My mom was in love with this show when she was pregnant with me. I've been watching it since I can't even remember, and honestly think it was the biggest mistakes Fox ever made. Besides maybe dropping Family Guy like three times lol

Fox just hates everything it seems. Luckiest network ever, its fans hate it and the owners don't know wth they're doing. They just get lucky with hit shows.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I love everything about Firefly, the show, the characters, the actors (one of my hobbies is going to conventions, and so far I've been lucky enough to meet 7 out of the 9 cast members, plus several of the guest role actors), the fanbase (great community, so much creativity between the ficcers, filkers, vidders and artists) - I'm also really looking forward to the launch of the unofficial game, cause the trailer looks awesome!

[video=youtube;gkIb3NLDwV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkIb3NLDwV8[/video]

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
At first I thought this wanna gonna be about the song "Fireflies" by Owl City. I almost had a heart attack, thought he was long gone. Anyway, I've never seen this show, but if it was on Fox then I understand why you're mad. Fox releases shows for a month then they get cancelled and are never to be seen again.

I am currently watching the Firefly and am really liking the series. It is a shame that it got canceled after one season.

It happens to lots of great series. Fox did something similar to Arrested Development, and Better off Ted only made it through 2 seasons. Unfortunately ratings are the bottom line, which is why awful but high rating shows like Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men seem to last forever.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Family Guy did a great joke on Fox's treatment of shows, sadly I could not find a clip of the scene itself, but here's the quotes:

Peter Griffin: Everybody, I got bad news. We've been canceled.
Lois Griffin: Oh, no, Peter, how could they do that?
Peter Griffin: Well, unfortunately, Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We've just got to accept the fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows like "Dark Angel," "Titus," "Undeclared," "Action," "That 80's Show," "Wonderfalls," "Fastlane," "Andy Richter Controls the Universe," "Skin," "Girls Club," "Cracking Up," "The Pits," "Firefly," "Get Real," "Freaky Links," "Wanda at Large," "Costello," "The Lone Gunmen," "A Minute With Stan Hooper," "Normal, Ohio," "Pasadena," "Harsh Realm," "Keen Eddie," "The Street," "American Embassy," "Cedric the Entertainer," "The Tick," "Louie," and "Greg the Bunny."
Lois Griffin: Is there no hope?
Peter Griffin: Well, I suppose if all those shows go down the tubes, we might have a shot.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me

Firefly is, in short, one of the best series ever made. Gorramit, Fox, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom