• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 Fire Temple

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I it just me or is the original fire temple music make the temple scary and gives you the feeling to just hurry and finish the temple to get out! any one else?

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well, it doesn't make me want to hurry and finish the temple so I can get out, but yes the chanting in the original definitely does make it more creepier. I wish they would have kept it in all versions, but unfortunately they didn't so unless you have a copy of the original, then most people won't be able to experience playing while listening to it.

The chanting in the original game scared me a little bit, but when they removed that I don't think the music had the same effect. It was still good music but not as scary or creepy as the original music with chanting.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
I always preferred the original Fire Temple music, the chanting helped create a creepy atmosphere

But it was removed to avoid controversy (You probably already knew that, but still!), and the one we have now just isn't as creepy as the original

I never really got the urge to just beat the temple. I did it casually. The music didn't really creep me out either.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The chanting of v1.0 gave the temple an ominous feeling...combined with all the fire, lava, invisible-until-you-approach fire walls, I actually never got to complete it. Now, though, I think the music just gives the entire temple an air of awesomeness. Feels more temple-like.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
The power of music to inflict emotions on us humans is amazing. It is also hard too do. Koji Kondo is an amazing composer who has helped bring the zelda series to life. With out him we would not get nearly as many emotions out of the games as we do now. For example, the fire temple theme. It made you scared, so Koji Kondo succeeded in inflicting an emotion on you. Musical emotions help us connect more to the game... and get more enjoyment out of it.

And to answer your question. Yes... I did find it creepy.

O

Occaflute

Now if the original fire temple theme was in the shadow temple... (Shiver)

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
The original Fire Temple theme had people chanting. I think they were praying for Allah? Saying he was the only god or whatnot. That did make the Fire Temple creepier, much, much, creepier. Nintendo was forced to change that in later remakes of Ocarina of Time. In fact, Nintendo removed all signs of Islam in the later remakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom