• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire, Ice, Bomb, Light, ???, Arrows in Skyward Sword

Vibed

must read before he posts
I would really love for fire, ice, and light (not bomb, we have the beetle) to make a return, but unfortunately, the beetle might take the place of these things. Maybe Nintendo can find a way to mix things up to differentiate the two, but I doubt it.

Of course, if Nintendo doubles up on items like Raven said AND includes a magic meter, then there's a chance.

BTW, I had an idea to differentiate the slingshot and the arrows. Say there's a cone shaped chute and the other end of it is the size of a penny. Since an arrow can't fit in that small gap you shoot a pellet from above with your slingshot and it rolls into the little hole.

bds1110

Imp
Fire and Ice arrows were very innovative and great for puzzles, and I'd really like to see them have a comeback. They were my personal favorite item to fool around with, and I really do hope that they incorporate them into Skyward Sword. IMO, that would add a lot to the game.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I've loved all the different types of arrows so far and I'd love for ALL of them to return, if possible. If I had to only choose one though, I'd choose the light arrows.

T

the knight

i would like to see the different arrows come back

you could have a lanturn and set fire to the arrow
you could put the bomb on the arrow

I think we will only see the arrows we saw in OoT. Remember you got the fire arrows by shooting at the sun? Maybe it is related to SS?
Well, keep in mind that the elemental arrows we saw in Ocarina of Time are basically the elemental arrows we saw in the series period. The only other kind (aside from the Silver Arrows which are just so similar to Light Arrows) is Bomb Arrows.

Personally I'm indifferent. I'd like to see innovations, but I don't mind arrows returning in this fashion. I'm kind of partial to magical rod items though, so meh. Either way, they better not dare without adding a magic meter too. 8<

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
my personal guess is that there won't be any bomb arrows for sure, and you now have the ability roll bombs and pick them up with the bug thingy.
I think that there is a possibility that fire and ice arrows will return in this game but not light arrows, especially if it is before Gannon, cuz in games like WW (i think) you'll have to shoot him with light arrows to defeat him. But that's just me.

S

SummersFlare

Different arrows were awesome, I hated how they used magic though, If they add different arrows, just make it use an arrow :3

H

honeyrocks81

I hope it does! :D It would also mean awesome puzzles, so yes! I want light, fire, and ice arrows (:

I really want it to be JUST LIKE OoT, but with a few changes. I loved the Fire Arrows and the Light Arrows, but I never really bothered to go through the trouble to get the Ice Arrows:xd:. Also, they shouldnt have the arrows take up so much magic! Either that, or they should make magic regenerate SLOWLY. There should also be some new arrows, like Thunder Arrows (someone already mentioned that one) or maybe Wind Arrows? Like maybe the Thunder Arrows could stun an enemy and harm it just a little? And there could be a few puzzles where you have to light up an orb or something with a Thunder Arrow to get some light in a dark cave or to open a door. The Wind Arrows could be used to make an enemy fly off and do a little harm to it, too. (picture that happening to Like-Likes!, or any enemy thats annoying:lol: ) And it could be used to push a block over a hole that it would normally fall through, so it could land on a switch.

There should be spells like Din's Fire or Nayru's Love, too. ( They better not bring back Farore's Wind!) Except more of them. Like maybe one that lets you jump higher off of ledges, or maybe you could hover like the Hover Boots. Or maybe even one that turns a large rock into a shield. (very useful in a place with a lot of Like-Likes) Maybe even one that lets you turn into a certain enemy for a short period of time!:chu:

Majora's Cat

How about that
I love magic in Zelda games. Even though TP was my first Zelda game (didn't have magic, so no light, ice or fire arrows), using magic just felt natural to me. Having that magic meter there is great, but even without it, I didn't feel much of a loss.

I think that there is a possibility that fire and ice arrows will return in this game but not light arrows, especially if it is before Gannon, cuz in games like WW (i think) you'll have to shoot him with light arrows to defeat him. But that's just me.
There was no Ganon in Majora's Mask, and you found Light Arrows in that game. ;) Light Arrows are basically a modified version of the Silver Arrows, in that they are Ganon's weakness but actually serve more of a purpose outside of fighting Ganon. MM expanded off Ganon completely.

it'd be cool (not probable, cool) if they had a completely different kind of arrow like stone arrows that froze the enemy in place...that would be too fun to play around with
Yeah, I'd like to have a variety of new arrows rather than just a rehash of old ones. Magic arrows in addition to perhaps special arrows sort of like the bomb arrows. Different varieties of bombs to collect? Why not do the same with non-magical arrows?

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
It would be amazing. I love freezing things with ice arrows, (and burning things with fire). Bomb arrows make quick work out of, well, mostly everything, along with light arrows. The only thing I don't like is if firing the bows, it controls like Wii Sports Resort. I just can't get used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom