• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Threads relating to the Fire Emblem series.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Aside from this being hands down the funniest way to kick off a direct ever, what are yalls thoughts on this?

I am unironically really hyped for this. I think they really got inspired by Age of Calamity's success, after it became the best selling game in the history of the Warriors franchise merely a week after release, and they had to keep the train going. I think there's actually some decent potential here. Like AoC, this is focusing on a single entry in the target series, so instead of trying to make a coherent plot out of a mishmash of several games, they can focus on expanding the lore of just one. I believe AoC's story benefitted greatly from that kind of focus when compared to HW, and I am hoping for the same to be true here.

As far as gameplay goes, the first FEW was really underwhelming and it had a laughable amount of content. I pray they learned from AoC in this department as well, since that was a massive step up from HW in almost every possible way. All I can really ask is that the gameplay and content is at least as good as AoC's and the story is on par with Verdant Wind or Azure Moon. The story here feels as though it could become a 5th route, although it's too soon to say for sure. (or 6th route if you want to count Cindered Shadows as a whole route.)

I am eagerly awaiting future trailers.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I've been lagging hard on getting any warriors games, so while I'm certainly interested in this game, I can only imagine it'll take me a few years until I actually play it, hopefully I'd have done all the 3 houses routes by the time I do though

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
This looks neat. Not what I exactly wanted from FE news, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't decently hyped over a Warriors game that focuses on the world of Three Houses. Also kinda good timing too cause I was planning on picking up Samurai Warriors 5 for a Warriors fix. I'll wait for this though now that it's been announced.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't have much of an interest in Warriors games, but I'll take anything Fire Emblem. Besides, I think it's a good fit, since the gameplay fits well with the large-scale battles and superpowered crest-bearers of Three Houses. Still, I'm mostly interested in the story and characters, which is obviously the real draw of this game to me. Pretty excited for it overall.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I don't have much of an interest in Warriors games, but I'll take anything Fire Emblem. Besides, I think it's a good fit, since the gameplay fits well with the large-scale battles and superpowered crest-bearers of Three Houses. Still, I'm mostly interested in the story and characters, which is obviously the real draw of this game to me. Pretty excited for it overall.
This is true. It thematically fits the world of fire emblem better than it does Zelda for example

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Some thoughts I've had since watching the trailer a couple times as well as a couple analysis videos...

unknown.png

I am actually really disheartened to see that battle ranks are coming back. AoC dropping them was one of the best things it did. Trying to win S-rank exclusive rewards in HW and FEW was a nightmare. I am not looking forward to that being a thing again. Also, I am really wondering how they're gonna successfully carry over activity points. Restricting the amount of battles you can do at any given moment sounds like a recipe for disaster in a Warriors setting. However, it's also noteworthy to point out that this battle select screen has an option to "return to camp", so.... maybe we're gonna have something similar to the monastery where these activity points will be used? Maybe...

As a side note, I'm really not a big fan of the map design here. The background is so darkly saturated it kind of hurts to look at. But that's really just an aesthetic complaint. It might look better in motion or something. Maybe.

Screenshot_20220218-163841_YouTube.jpg

A video I watched pointed out that Hilda was in the trailer, intercepting Dimitri's attack on Claude. You can tell her design has been changed, too. I really wanna see how the main cast has been redesigned as a whole. The new designs for the three lords are all massive improvements, and what little we can see of Hilda looks pretty good, too. Even Hubert looks a lot better, and that's saying something.

image0.jpg

A friend pointed out to me that Amyr being missing is noteworthy because it was created during the timeskip by Those Who Slither In The Dark, so Edelgard's allegiances might have been shuffled around. The Sword of the Creator was strangely absent from the trailer, as well. So many curious little things... Can't wait to see more.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

New trailer. This really blew a lot of my expectations out of the water. For one thing, purple dude is not the antagonist, but the new protagonist and it seems like they're setting Byleth up as an antagonist. That's pretty wild. Also, it's not a golden route after all but still split into three routes. That... could be interesting and also problematic in equal measure.

Now I'm concerned about the possibility for the game forcing you into a new game + like Three Houses did. I will be really upset if it does. Like, what happens when you finish a route in this case? My hope is that each of the routes are treated as separate modes or paths along story mode in the same file, and then you can take all the characters and unlocks you earned in each path into a free play mode so you don't have to keep restarting the entire game. That would feel appropriate to me. I wanna actually keep playing the game after I beat a route without having to start over.

lmao the route names are so dumb

anyway uh, nothing is really noteworthy to me here except the possibility that this is a scenario for if byleth didnt black out for 5 years and this takes place between the two story arcs. it would explain the different character designs at least. love huberts design.

since theyre doing routes again thuogh i gotta wonder if you can recruit between armies again. shez looks like some cringey anime loudmouth i want to punch though. but i guess so did rowan from the original fe warriors.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

New trailer focusing on the Blue Lions. I love everyone's redesigns. Finally we have one house where everyone looks good. Some designs surpass their predecessor's and rest are equally good. I'm most happy with Ashe's, I always hated how his hair was pulled behind his ear only on one side, that looked dumb as hell. His new design looks like they realized that was a stupid design choice and corrected it and I love it. Ingrid and Annette are also standout improvements for me. I hope the rest of the houses improve as much as these have.

Kirino

Tatakae
The only one I don't really like is Felix's, and Ingrid is somewhat mixed for me. Everyone else looks great though, especially Dedue, Mercedes, and Annette.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

I'm so bummed that Caspar is my favorite eagle and he's the only one that downgraded. Everyone else looks fine and passable but I hate his stupid spiky hair. His old timeskip hair was a lot better than this. Ferdinand and Bernadetta and especially Linhardt are notable improvements though.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

And at last we have the Deers. Thank Sothis all of them look good. Leonie and Ignatz are the most notable upgrades for me.

Now I wanna categorize all the redesigns. So imo we have...

huge upgrades - Ashe, Annette, Bernadetta, Dimitri, Ignatz, Linhardt, Ferdinand, Leonie

small upgrades - Edelgard, Claude, Hubert, Dedue, Hilda, Ingrid, Lysithea, Lorenz

equal - Raphael, Felix, Mercedes, Marianne, Dorothea, Sylvain

small downgrades - Petra

huge downgrades - Caspar

My personal favorite redesigns would be Ashe, Annette, and Leonie. I'm most disappointed in Caspar's redesign, he deserved better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom