• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem Fire Emblem Heroes

Threads relating to the Fire Emblem series.
not last night, but the night before i took a risk with my orbs and went in to summon one hero and got ephraim and that was really nice. **** YOU RAIGH

which just before that

64e09f385e.jpg

ugh

let me tell you, galeforce lyn + azura on the same team is a godsend

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Got enough feathers finally to get Male Robin up to 5*... now I just need to wait for Tuesday or whenever because I can't seem to get any blue great badges today.
Outside that, Got Alphonse and Camilla up to 4* L40 and finally drew a 5* (Marth), who's going to join the main team once he breaks 30).

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I like that they changed the weapon types for some of the ooriginal characters. Like we finally have a flying mage hero. I just have a big problem with some (and I mean a lot) of the character designs (especially the female characters) idk if I'm the only one who has a problem with it... but some of these waster costumes are pretty offensive.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Im just gonna add, they FINALLY added Xander to the game, and trolled us in such a way that it has nothing to do with the story and hes beating people with a giant carrot. Its magnificent.
I also got Camilla, and... well, thinking in-universe, would you expect anything different from her?

I get why they're stalling the Tellius characters, but it really just feels like a bad prolonged joke at this point. Not having the single most popular male character in all of Fire Emblem in the game (and my personal favorite lord) yet is really annoying.

I'm meh on the Spring forms we have, none of them really interest me. It would be nice to pull a Camilla just because she's our first flying mage and it would round out my flying team perfectly, but after my terrible luck last banner, I don't think the luck is going to be in my favor.

Depends if you want to see the series lose what dignity it had left.

I don't think we can honestly fault the series for trying to be the biggest it can be and appeal to the most people. So many tend to forget that Fire Emblem was supposed to die after Awakening - no one cared, the series didn't sell, even hardcore follows weren't even really big fans of the most recent games like Shadow Dragon. The series was going to die and never come back, its legacy being one of a niche genre that slowly lost its appeal and place in gaming as a medium.

But Awakening worked, and things like the dating sim/romance/sex appeal aspect is what helped it out. If you think the series should have just died with Shadow Dragon of all things being the last we ever got, fine, but I would rather the series be alive and well with these caveats rather than dead in a ditch with a remake of remake being all that remained at the end.

I just really don't appreciate this elitism that seems to be coming from the "true" fans that want the series to stay in 2002 mode. The franchise has moved on, and it was obviously for the best for the series, Intelligent Systems, and Nintendo.

The series already lost its dignity before Awakening came out due to its commercial failure.

I really dont know if thats true considering FE was always a series i wanted to play but always found it impossible to find copies in this country amd if i did theyd be priced at such ridiculous prices that it wasnt worth.

Their rarity reflects the prices theyre set at with retialers both new and old.

For example Path of Radiance goes for £68 if you can come across it and that's preowned. Radiant Dawn can be in the 70s and others i've just never seen real life copies of.

It may not be true for America and Japan but i can say that for me in England that FE held appeal for me but i could never find it to play it, its just that copies here were so rare that not many people were able to play it. I wouldnt want to call FE a commercial failure, because Nintendo seemed to only ship 5 copies of the game.

They made enough noise and shipped enough copies for FEA so people could actually play it. Had they done that sooner i dont think FE wod have been in such trouble. People literally werent playing the series (because at least ocer here) they simply couldnt get their hands on copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom