• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

I'm going to be a stick in the mud and start my post with my complaints: Story-wise, I enjoyed the stories to Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, and Path of Radiance much more than this one. And I'm not the biggest fan of the partner system either, though I didn't hate it by any means. I guess I just really missed the shove command. I'd rather have that than the partner thing. :/

That being said, the customization options are really cool, and the characters are all really likable, and the game is accessible in terms of difficulty, which is nice. And you get to use the characters you like, which is nice; in old FEs, you kinda had to use the "good" units. The ability to roam around the map and go shopping is really nice too! The graphics are pretty good--I was always a huge fan of the crazy animations of the 2D sprites (like Lynn's critical hit animation), but these graphics are pretty good too. The 3D effects were used pretty well, though I usually had the game in 2D.

I've yet to play any of the DLC--I should get on that. :P LOVE that picture of Gaius on the previous page--how do you get it?

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
I'm probably going to make a better reply to this later, with in-depth details about my playthroughs and yadda-yadda, but I have a feeling I might not get that done in time for a... special date. So, here's a quick post from my phone while I'm in composition class.

The special date is May 15, 2013. The day I beat Fire Emblem: Awakening for the first time. It's my first Fire Emblem game, though I've been meaning to try out the series for quite some time. But, I think it was a good introduction for me. Left a pleasant aftertaste, I mean. I'm a 3DS Ambassador, so shortly after getting FEK, I went and downloaded The Sacred Stones. Haven't actually played it much... I kind of forgot about it, to be honest. xD

Ah, that aside... I've had five files, I think. Three of which I actually beat the game--the other two I got bored with and deleted before progressing very far. My playthroughs are as follows:

Puzulis (M) - (Normal/Casual) - Grandmaster - Married Nah
Grechame (F) - (Hard/Casual) - Swordmaster - Married Gangrel
Neeva (F) - (Hard/Casual) - Tactician
Anjena (F) - (Normal/Casual) - Trickster - Married Frederick
Mantora (M) - (Hard/Casual) - Swordmaster - Married Lucina

Puzulis, Grechame, and Mantora are my current save files, all of which have cleared the game. However, I kind of grew attached to my Mantora playthrough, so I have no clue where to go from here. I'll include other player stats and the other marriages and a pseudo-game review in my next reply, I guess.

I just make random playthroughs. Right now I have a file where I named the Avatar "Chrom". I'm excited for the results. If you're confused on what to do next, I suggest what JuiceJ said. The DLCs can be really fun. I got the Scramble pack and one of the Smash Brethren (to get the Bride class). If DLCs aren't your thing or if you don't have money, I'd suggest just playing again and seeing what new things you can do. Marrying people to other people, trying to get a really strong 2nd generation. All of that good stuff.

In reply to Blue Star, yes I too really like the graphics! Turning on the 3D makes the world feel very immersive as well.
I enjoyed pairing people personally. I see people compare it to a "dating sim", but I don't think that's what it is. It showed a lot of character depth through conversations, and it made characters stronger in general.
The picture of Gaius is from the Summer Scramble DLC. More from that DLC is Chrom in a rather... um... just no, Tharja in a just no, and Cordelia in a just no. Enjoy.

Last edited:
If DLCs aren't your thing or if you don't have money, I'd suggest just playing again and seeing what new things you can do.

I don't have money, yeah. And... I intended to do a lot of playthroughs. I was going to delete Mantora, but now I'm kind of stuck is all. I probably will end up overwriting the file eventually, but probably not for awhile. Wish there were more save files... Sorry I was kind of vague in the other post. Yeah, I just can't part with my current files.

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Aw don't delete your favorite one! I'm always keeping the file I first completed! It's too special. If there's a file you don't use a lot, or a file that wasn't your best run, then delete that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom