• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
I had Chrom marry Sully, contrary to what the game kinda wants you to do, which is marrying Sumia, whom I instead had my Avatar married. Uhh, so... yeah. xD

Aside from the soundtrack and visuals, I absolutely love the characters in this game. There's all so comical and they all have such unique personalities. I think my favorite is Henry. "Hee yeah! Blood!"

I married the dork... (Chrom if that's what you were wondering.) He's do dumb... but I just can't stop marrying him! Help!

Oh my goodness I love Henry! He's just really cool somehow. In a really sadistic way I suppose. A lot of things on this game is so comical. It seems like it would be such a serious game but it's just so goofy! I love it!

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I GET YOOOU. I've started multiple files now. I'm keeping the file that I first completed. Never deleting that. But the other two files I can bare to get rid of. So who did you have your Avatar marry?

I actually ended up restarting because I was pretty much doing everything wrong and getting my *** kicked, but now that I know what's up I'm hopefully better at it. I have a feeling my character is gonna end up with Chrom just because I keep putting them together so much because they work so well, but now I feel bad for Sumia because she has such an obvious crush on Chrom I feel like an awful person.

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
I actually ended up restarting because I was pretty much doing everything wrong and getting my *** kicked, but now that I know what's up I'm hopefully better at it. I have a feeling my character is gonna end up with Chrom just because I keep putting them together so much because they work so well, but now I feel bad for Sumia because she has such an obvious crush on Chrom I feel like an awful person.

At first I really hated Sumia. She seemed really helpless to me. But then... I got to her supports with other people and reclassed her... and then I liked her! So yeah, things are still great if Sumia is with other people. I feel like Chrom marrying the Avatar makes more sense story-wise.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
Henry x Tharja forever~

I love awakening, especially the fact that you can do so much after you beat it (I have all the dlc and they make things a lot more fun and challenging). While I do love the reclassing and maxing out all your characters, I feel like that also sort of takes away from the game, as with other titles (blazing sword, radiant dawn, path of radiance, etc etc) it was more of a challenge to max out some characters especially when there wasn't reclassing involved or dlc to help out. I like challenges in my game, and awakening didn't really provide me with enough challenges. However, I do believe it's the one FE title I have replayed so many times.

Also, fan service and supports rally make this game so enjoyable.

hqdefault.jpg

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
About a year ago, I would have told you Awakening was among my favourite Fire Emblem titles ever, but my opinion has changed. It still has the best gameplay mechanics in the series (Pair-Up is a godsend, especially in Lunatic/Lunatic+), but as for the story... well, needless to say it's not my favourite.
You would think that even though Ylisse beat Plegia in the war, Chrom would have a say in who would be crowned king instead of not knowing who the new king was until two years later.

Nitpicking aside, I love the characters. Henry has my favourite voice in the game, but Owain is easily the best character to ever exist. He's so well-rounded as a character, and it's always fun to catch all the references he makes.

Last edited:

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
I got so much second-hand embarrassment from that DLC :P Chrom's was... um... just no.

If you could marry Gaius to his candy I would. For now though, he's going with Cordelia.
Wait... why would Chrom choose a king for Plegia?

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Wait... why would Chrom choose a king for Plegia?

It's not that Chrom should have handpicked a king as much as he should have had a say in it. Fire Emblem is no stranger to conquest plots, and usually each story is about how one nation defeats another, and either that nation's king claims dominion of the nation or at least places someone as acting ruler, which spurs our main protagonist into action.

Ylisse's second war against Plegia wasn't for control, but to remove Gangrel from power. Even though he won, Chrom (and by extension, the khans of Ferox) completely ignores Plegia after that and lets the nation do as they please for two years until they needed more money and ships for the next war. If he was aware of whom Plegia decided to crown as their next ruler, he could have stepped in and stopped Validar from ascending to the throne (and would have known that he was still alive much sooner instead of being completely surprised.).

I haven't used Yarne much... hmm... I'm on my second file and I have no idea who to have Panne marry. I want a good Yarne this time :P

My first time trying to pair off Panne was is Libra. It was really neat having Yarne having Renwal when given the chance. There would've been loads of times where I could have lost him without it. Renwal is a nifty thing to have with the Taguel since they don't have more abilities other than reclassing them differently.

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
It's not that Chrom should have handpicked a king as much as he should have had a say in it. Fire Emblem is no stranger to conquest plots, and usually each story is about how one nation defeats another, and either that nation's king claims dominion of the nation or at least places someone as acting ruler, which spurs our main protagonist into action.

Ylisse's second war against Plegia wasn't for control, but to remove Gangrel from power. Even though he won, Chrom (and by extension, the khans of Ferox) completely ignores Plegia after that and lets the nation do as they please for two years until they needed more money and ships for the next war. If he was aware of whom Plegia decided to crown as their next ruler, he could have stepped in and stopped Validar from ascending to the throne (and would have known that he was still alive much sooner instead of being completely surprised.).

Because Chrom is merciful. He just wanted to help the people of Plegia and open their eyes by getting rid of Gangrel. I don't know he would've known Validar was evil, or if he even knew who claimed their throne. I don't know. I'm probably just wrong as always :P You probably know more about this matter than me.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
So I accidentally got married to Chrom. That's gonna be super awkward later when that flash-forward at the beginning of the game comes to pass =/

Other than that, I really have no idea who should marry who, I'm kind of just pairing whoever fights well and is close to each other.

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
So I accidentally got married to Chrom. That's gonna be super awkward later when that flash-forward at the beginning of the game comes to pass =/

Other than that, I really have no idea who should marry who, I'm kind of just pairing whoever fights well and is close to each other.

Haha! Trust me, Chrom is the most friend-zoning idiot husband ever. I love/hate him.

Before you have Lissa or Lon'qu marry anyone, PAIR THEM TOGETHER. Their supports are too darn cute!

I'm probably going to make a better reply to this later, with in-depth details about my playthroughs and yadda-yadda, but I have a feeling I might not get that done in time for a... special date. So, here's a quick post from my phone while I'm in composition class.

The special date is May 15, 2013. The day I beat Fire Emblem: Awakening for the first time. It's my first Fire Emblem game, though I've been meaning to try out the series for quite some time. But, I think it was a good introduction for me. Left a pleasant aftertaste, I mean. I'm a 3DS Ambassador, so shortly after getting FEK, I went and downloaded The Sacred Stones. Haven't actually played it much... I kind of forgot about it, to be honest. xD

Ah, that aside... I've had five files, I think. Three of which I actually beat the game--the other two I got bored with and deleted before progressing very far. My playthroughs are as follows:

Puzulis (M) - (Normal/Casual) - Grandmaster - Married Nah
Grechame (F) - (Hard/Casual) - Swordmaster - Married Gangrel
Neeva (F) - (Hard/Casual) - Tactician
Anjena (F) - (Normal/Casual) - Trickster - Married Frederick
Mantora (M) - (Hard/Casual) - Swordmaster - Married Lucina

Puzulis, Grechame, and Mantora are my current save files, all of which have cleared the game. However, I kind of grew attached to my Mantora playthrough, so I have no clue where to go from here. I'll include other player stats and the other marriages and a pseudo-game review in my next reply, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom