• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Not sure if there is already a "conversation" going on about this game, but I just needed to. Love this game to death, and just wondering if anyone else loves it as much as me? :)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I do, ma'am. ^^ It's the reason I bought my 3DS in the first place. What's your favorite part? Favorite class? Favorite pairing?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I LOVE THIS GAME!!! \(^~^)/

Really, I do. It blows every other Fire Emblem game out of the water, even The Sacred Stones. I've rarely played a game that has so much depth, so much choice, as well as making your decisions MATTER so much. This mainly applies to the overhaul to the class change system. Adding in Royal & Second Seals to the game as the only methods of changing classes not only made class changes in general much more convenient by not having to use items that boosted stats on specific units, but allowed you to change units to classes they otherwise never would have been capable of becoming in prior games. This in tandem with the all-new abilities system allowed you to customize your team to insane degrees. This was even FURTHER enhanced with the marriage system, as you could pass on abilities and different Second Seal class sets to all the different pairing's children, providing an unfathomably high amount of potential options.

Awakening was the game that took the place REvelations as the best game on the 3DS for me, and the only reason IT was outdone was because of A Link Between Worlds. It still currently stands as the greatest turn-based Strategy RPG I've ever played, though, so that's really something. I've yet to play Final Fantasy Tactics, so I can't say if it's better than that game or not, but still...

Absolutely fantastic game. A sheer masterpiece.

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Oh goodness YES. Other people! Haha! Well Imogen, my favorite part? I just... everything! The game is practically perfect! My favorite class right now is probably Myrmidon/Swordmaster. As for pairing... well I always go with my dorky friend-zoning husband Chrom. Other than that, I can never separate Sully and Virion in ANY of my files! JuicieJ, I agree with you 100%. The Second Seals really do wonders for me now. I didn't use them in my first play through, but now I am doing some experiments with classes before I have people married. The children will be UNSTOPPABLE. Owain has Galeforce... now onto Inigo...

I do love this game and there is a lot of major improvements that I enjoyed as well. Different classes, new characters, and you can marry people by force and then all of a sudden children are popping out of the sky and you can play as them? I mean really.

Also, I enjoy outmaxing my characters stats. I have yet to play the DLC map Apotheosis, but I will soon when I have more characters stats up there.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I really, really enjoy the game. I really love how the story flows the well, as well as how the characters's personality are so complex and great. I love how the soundtrack sounds like.. I just.. I just love everything about the game. Case closed.

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Yeah, it's alright, like the other FE games. Not much to do after you finish the game, though.
You play it again! Try new things! Make people marry other people for different children stats! I mean that's what I did... you don't have to :P

Also Violet YES! The soundtrack is absolutely AMAZING. The story is also absolutely AMAZING. It's just... so close to perfection.

Aurelia, the children are just awesome :D Wasn't Morgan, male or female, just the most adorable thing in the world?

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Love it. I hope they put Chrom in SSB4. My Meagan reached a rating of over 381! Yarne; however, is my favorite character. He's at like, 265 or something. My favorites are Chrom, Yarne, Inigo, Say'Ri, Owain, Gaius, Lon'Qu, Stahl, and Donnel. Sorry, I saw Fire Emblem, and just jumped in.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
It's the first Fire Emblem game I've ever played and I'm really enjoying it. Although it's also the first game of its type I've ever played too, and I'm totally overwhelmed by all of the choices it gives you, but in a good way.

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Love it. I hope they put Chrom in SSB4. My Meagan reached a rating of over 381! Yarne; however, is my favorite character. He's at like, 265 or something. My favorites are Chrom, Yarne, Inigo, Say'Ri, Owain, Gaius, Lon'Qu, Stahl, and Donnel. Sorry, I saw Fire Emblem, and just jumped in.
I haven't used Yarne much... hmm... I'm on my second file and I have no idea who to have Panne marry. I want a good Yarne this time :P

I felt the same way Ocarina_Player. Playing it at first is just a whirlwind! "Put Chrom here! No wait! He'll be killed! LET'S GET FREDERICK TO DO IT" Is pretty much how my first play through went.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I love it. I want Lucina in SSB4. They said they wanted more female characters, and Chrom is so much like Marth (In the outward parts we'd see in SS:cool: and Ike it hurts. Give me Lucina dammit!

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Oh my God yes! I'm playing in casual mode on my first play through but I get really upset whenever I lose a character that I keep restarting to the last save point and I don't know who to build up and who to pair with who and which character will come in handy later on and do I bother converting this guy to my side and should I sit out this round and should I upgrade this weapon and who do I give this item to and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*brainmelt*

And yet I am still playing it. I played til three in the morning, good thing I go to work late on Mondays XD

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
I GET YOOOU. I've started multiple files now. I'm keeping the file that I first completed. Never deleting that. But the other two files I can bare to get rid of. So who did you have your Avatar marry?

Sheik

:the:
I had Chrom marry Sully, contrary to what the game kinda wants you to do, which is marrying Sumia, whom I instead had my Avatar married. Uhh, so... yeah. xD

Aside from the soundtrack and visuals, I absolutely love the characters in this game. There's all so comical and they all have such unique personalities. I think my favorite is Henry. "Hee yeah! Blood!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom