• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Arrows

Kybyrian

Right... of course we all know of the Fire Arrows and how they took their part in the game.

Well, about a year ago, I realized that for some reason my game was messed up and I could not get the Fire Arrows. I tried it on my other cartridge and it worked perfectly. Then I played through a little bit and realized that the Fire Arrows are not necessary. Like whenever you are in the Water Temple, some torches can be lit in that one place with Din's Fire but not all of them. If you shoot a regular arrow through the fire on a torch, then your arrow will start on fire, and if you aim it right, it will light any other torch it comes in contact with. This works in Ganon's Tower as well.

I never really realized this before then, because I always just got the Fire Arrows and never really tried to do anything else with the obstacles that most people think require the Fire Arrows.

How many of you already knew this?

Aside from what I just said, I suppose we can also just discuss the general use of the Fire Arrows as well...

I knew you never needed the Fire Arrows. The Light Arrows are the only magic arrows you actually need.

With that said, the Fire Arrows are actually extremely useful. Unlike the Ice Arrows which I don't even use. >_<

mewtwolord

Hello World
hmmm wait what the fire arrows aren't really needed that's a big waste of magic and magic recovery stuff

Ha ha. I always knew that. I used it the first time I played through the game in the Forest Temple. I didn't have Din's Fire, and of course didn't have the Fire Arrows at the time, so I shot an arrow through the torch at the ice and it melted.

Last edited:
Ha ha. I always knew that. I used it the first time I played through the game in the Forest Temple. I didn't have Din's Fire, and of course didn't have the Fire Arrows at the time, so I shot an arrow through the torch at the ice and it melted.
True. Everywhere I can think of that you need to light a torch, you can do it by shooting a normal arrow through a flame.

Speaking of Din's Fire... it seems like you actually need it to beat the game. There's two times in the Shadow Temple it's required: the first is to actually enter the temple, and the second is in that room with the wooden crushers.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Speaking of Din's Fire... it seems like you actually need it to beat the game. There's two times in the Shadow Temple it's required: the first is to actually enter the temple, and the second is in that room with the wooden crushers.

... or you use fire arrows. Perhaps more time consuming, but it works. We can sum it up that you need one fire magic to complete the game, but doesn't matter which it is.

Yeah, I knew the Fire Arrows weren't necessary. Of course, like Mehplep said, I guess that would mean you needed Din's Fire. The weird thing is, both of those are optional items, and usually in Zelda, if you need an item to go further in the main game, it's not an optional one.

Anyways, I really liked the Fire Arrows. They were pretty handy for lighting torches from a distance without having to get that exact angle for shooting an arrow through an already lit flame. And they were good against ice enemies.

It took me a very long time to figure out how to get the fire arrows.

I used the fire arrows a lot because I'm not to good at aiming with the bow, and it would have been pretty hard for me to aim through some fire and hit the target.

... or you use fire arrows. Perhaps more time consuming, but it works. We can sum it up that you need one fire magic to complete the game, but doesn't matter which it is.
You sure the Fire Arrows work for opening the Shadow Temple? It looks like far too many torches... I would think the fire would go out.

Oh, and the Fire Arrows don't work on the wooden crushers in the Shadow Temple, you actually do need Din's Fire.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
... it don't work on the crushers? I can't really say that I use arrows on them, but I am pretty sure I've seen someone doing it... goshdern that my savefile is at Ganons Castle :/ And yes, there are many, but I am very sure you can TAS em with Fire Arrows.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I always got the Fire Arrows right after I beat the Water Temple, so I guess I never noticed that you didn't need them to beat the game. But even though they aren't needed, they still make things a heck of a lot easier.

... it don't work on the crushers? I can't really say that I use arrows on them, but I am pretty sure I've seen someone doing it... goshdern that my savefile is at Ganons Castle :/ And yes, there are many, but I am very sure you can TAS em with Fire Arrows.
I'm pretty sure. I tried it myself, though I suppose it's possible I didn't hit it at the right angle or something. >_<

Agreed, the Fire Arrows were very helpful even if they weren't necessary.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
yes i noticed it.
basicly the fire arrow and ice arrow are secondary optional weapons.
I barely used the fire arrow, i only used it at spirit temple against the anubis enemies, to save magic so i didn 't have to use din 's fire. and of course i'm lazy for torches its quick and handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom