• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Finished Twilight Princess!

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Lol. I seriously thought you were just trolling the game and didn't like it. But I do understand you. And Zorth, I do agree, the 2004 E3 trailer was a bit over exaggerated. The gameplay was perfect and not clunky, but I did find the story becoming a bit more complex at Arbiters Grounds.

But I agree that, it was a great game, but Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker are better IMO. There was a lot to improve on in TP, and I hope that it will get remastered some time in the future. (About 20 years, or 30. One now would be useless)

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
I never said I didn't like the game, I simply listed the things I found wrong with it. Sure, I much prefer many other Zelda games over TP, but TP is still a pretty good game with it's fair share of problems.

Why do we get this a lot? No memorable tracks? What about Ilia's Theme? Midna's Lament? All the great renditions of Zelda's Lullaby? And best of all, Hyrule Field, which is the best overworld theme to date, IMO.

Couldn't say I agree with you on that one. I personally found the soundtrack to be quite lackluster.

I beg to differ. This round of animation was spectacular. It provided an exquisite realism to just about every landmark. The first time I saw Lake Hylia after the river was unfrozen, my eyes lit up. Same with the Lower Zora River, the Fishing Mere, Hyrule Field, and basically every other place, besides those covered by Twilight. I'll give you that.

I found it quite unpleasing to the eye. No area ever really felt like there was a lot of magic behind it, well perhaps the Fishing Mere did because of it's changing seasons. Other that that though, I just couldn't get into the graphics with this one.

They use a lot of the same themes in every game, actually. Sure, Twilight Princess brought a few back (Forest, Fire, Water, etc.), but it also introduced three more: Time, Sky, and Twilight. And they were all filled with intriguing puzzles, such as the magnetism on the Iron Boots. That was utterly ingenius.
I didn't say the actual dungeons themselves were poorly designed, I just said that their themes were not very creative. Too many of these boring element themes. Sure,t hey exist in older Zelda games before TP, but by the time TP came out I just couldn't stand going through the Forest, Fire, and Water in the same exact order as before.

After reading what you said about the driving force being, I have to agree. The wolf parts did seem to drag me down some, but it still felt great to be a different creature again with alternative actions. It reminded me of Majora's Mask, where you could be all the different Transformations, utilizing a new set of attacks and such. As for the linearity, I have to disagree. Wind Waker bore the exact same problem that you mentioned, only heightened by the fact that we needed to sail to those points.
The wolf part doesn't seem like it was as fleshed out as the transformations in Majora's Mask. Instead of feeling like I have more power and abilities when I'm the wolf, I feel that I'm more limited. And about the linearity for Wind Waker, I still disagree. With Wind Waker I always felt free to sail around the entire Great Sea and go to various islands. Like I said, we were mostly blocked off from parts in TP from the beginning and HAD to complete some of the story and go through those monotonous Twilight sections.

Let me put it to you this way: If in Wind Waker Link had to save his sister after she was kidnapped and found her halfway through his tale, then the story became stagnant at that point also. The motivation of beginning the quest is then removed. In TP, Link set out to save Ilia, which is almost parallel to WW's start. But I feel that Midna's backstory gave the game more drive than Wind Waker beyong its haflway mark. Even if Ganondorf did drop into TP suddenly, Midna kept up intrigue by releasing bits of her past at a time.
I didn't like how it was done in TP, but I did like how it was done in Wind Waker. It's really just a matter of how it was told/done. It felt more thought out in WW than in TP, where having Ganondorf felt like fan-service rather than a thought out villain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom