• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Finding the triforce in oot...myth or fact?

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Alright, we've all heard the crazy stories your friends told you about finding the triforce in Oot....but did they really? I guarentee most of these claims are false, and most "REAL FINDINGS" are just photoshopped images on fansites. ZeldaDungeon had a great article on this a while back, and here's the link....haha I know right? :)

http://www.zeldac.com/the-legend-of-zelda/ocarina-of-time/zelda-64-triforce-rumors/

its an interesting read...please comment and share your opinions on this subject.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Well. They're bogus, but if you want to become most knowledgeable person about the game environment then I encourage you to search for it! There are sure to be tons of glitches to find in OOT and maybe these types of explorations could be helpful to speed runs!

But yeah the ones on that website are totally fabricated.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
It's just a myth. But it is fact that Link acquires the Triforce...of Courage. He does so when he enters the Temple of Light when he pulled the Master Sword. Those rumors are just from an internet craze over a decade ago.

Djinn

and Tonic
I don't think it is still possible to fool anyone with those rumors anymore. Even ten years ago not many people actually took them seriously because even by then there would have been some sort of Nintendo Power guide on how to 100% complete OoT by gaining the triforce.

I think by now more people know all about the false rumors than things that are actually in the game.

I remember I used to browse a site called The master sword for their rumour section, at the time it was more and more clear they were all fakes, but it was fun to read what people could come up with.

When I think in how to get the Triforce in ooT rumours I think instantly in Ariana Almondoz, as it is my favorite hoax regrading this. If you are curious about it Google Ariana Hoax for an interesting read.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
As it says in the article you linked us to, the Triforce WAS originally available in the demo version of the game. The Demo ALSO had beam swords, which, as we know, aren't in the final product. I imagine that in between the Demo and the Actual Release, the story and gameplay were heavily revised and updated. I've never seen these photoshopped pictures that you talk about though, I've only seen the Official screen shots form the beta version of the game. There isn't much to discuss on this topic though, because there wasn't much information on the game out at the time when The game included the Triforce, we had no videos from the beta, and we only saw about 3 screenshots with the Triforce in it. Any videos that you would have seen where link gets the triforce are indeed fake, because it would HAVE to be japanese, the gameplay would be a lot different, and they never released videos of it, so Any videos are likely of ROM hacks people made to get viewed on youtube. We can however, speculate that in the beta the game's plot was more similar to Wind Wakers in the way that you probably needed to collect the triforce.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
I thought that it's been known for a long time now that it's not true.

Yes but I think the purpose of this thread was to show a website that archived those old rumors, you know for those that werent around when OoT released.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Myth it's just like seeing Luigi in Mario 64 that was also a big craze when Mario 64 1st came out(NOT THE DS VERSION)

I knew of the Ariana Hoax but not all the details, so I'm quite glad someone took the time to link to that. It's certainly quite sad someone went to the trouble of creating a fake email account and doing the photos, but I guess they got a laugh out of it so fair play to them.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I think I remember someone bringing it up when Spirit Tracks came out... and my friend belived him:O
They ended up getting suspended for a week for fighting.

Anyways, if one choses to belive the split tieline theory, that world had to be saved to.
Also, I don't think that just putting the Master Sword back wouldve helped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom