• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Finally Beat Wind Waker

After a long time, buying a used copy, but had to sell it to buy a new one at Gamestop since the old one was scratched and sucked with loading, using a the walkthrough to figure out some stuff outside dungeons and bosses and a like, I've finally beaten and really enjoyed Wind Waker.:)

The graphics grew on me quickly, I liked this Link for having an established family as well as a bigger reason for his adventure besides saving a princess, I actually did like the sailing moments, though I admit they took a bit too long and prefer running through a field. I liked how blurry things are from afar, and I enjoyed the Nintendo Gallery.

The only things I didn't like were how long it took to reveal Zelda's identity and how it all ends for Hyrule. I have to say I find Hyrule's fate a little more saddening than what goes on in Termina in Majora's Mask. Sure, there were dozens of people whose lives were ruined or seriously messed up thanks to the mask's power, but Hyrule is the world where it all happened, where the Hero of Time stopped Ganondorf, where the Royal Family was founded, where the series has always taken place... it's like reading Superman comics, but Metropolis is suddenly wiped off the map and Superman has to find another city to patrol and that's where it'll take place from now on... it just doesn't feel as right.

For those wonder what I believe takes place in the timeline... this and the two DS sequels. Everything else, I believe, takes place in the Child Timeline. As of now, I have played all of the major console games, save for FSA but I'm not interested in that since I'll need the GBA game, this game is my 3rd favorite game so far. That order, currently, is this:
From lowest to highest
LOZ-MM-TWW-OoT-ALTTP/TP (A tie)

So, what are your thoughts on this game? A favorite or non-favorite?

The Wind Waker was my first Zelda game so of course i like it. When i first played it back in 2003 i was immediately hooked, ever since then i have beaten it over 10 times (more than that) i have 3 heart challenged it once (it was quite a challenge) and i am currently 100%-ing it(for the first time). Wind Waker has been with me since i was 13 and it still is my absolute favorite.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Congratz on beating the game, well done :clap:

Is this game a favorite for me? Yes it is, I like almost everything about it. The main issue with the "style" of the game has to be that it is very difficult for a developer to make some scary/creepy/epic dungeons. But I guess they did the best they could and should be (probably are) extremly proud of themselves :). The overworld with the great sea and all the neat islands is what impressed me the most and gave me a lot of joy!

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I absolutely LOVED Wind Waker. i had to borrow it from my brother, and i started and beat it back in November...

Despite people thinking WW looked child-ish, i actually really enjoyed the Cel-Shaded graphics. i mean, with Cel-Shading, you can exaggerate and put lots of focus on different elements without it looking weird (i.e. a Spider with a red underbelly).

But yeah, Wind Waker is my number 2 Favorite, After OoT and before Majora's Mask! :yes:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
WW was my 2nd Zelda game ever played (after Ocarina of Time) and I love it! I love the story, the graphics (Link and others show emotion much more therefore making it more realistic in a way), the music (AMAZING!), the dungeons, and a ton else. My main concern was the sailing; I would just put my controller down and read for the few minutes it would take for me to sail from one island to the other. The warp song was nice, but it has so few warp points it didn't always help. But still, it's an amazing game. Congrats on beating it, too! The final battle ROCKS!

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I finished it not too long ago,Id say it was about 3 weeks ago.I did enjoy the graphics right from the beginning,it was new,fresh and colorful,so I loved it!
But,I have to admit,the sailing was getting super annoying,and though I used a walkthrough,I didnt 100% it,I found it too much of a hassle,having to change the winds direction,sail here,sail there just to get a heart piece -____- Thats about the only thing Id change. Makar is my boyfriend <3

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda games. :) I could play it over and over again and never get sick of it.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Wind Waker is my 2nd favourite Zelda game. Its such a joy to play and I love the Graphics their amazing. One of the GameCube's best games in my opinion.:yes:

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Funny, I beat it on Sunday. It took me 6 days, And I was disappointed it was short. Still, one of the best Zelda games out there

I agree that the ending is depressing for Hyrule, but I love that.. its such a great story ending compared to YAA YOU SAVED HYRULE AND IT CAN RESURFACE AGAIN!....

If they continue this timeline and resurrect gannon, My guess is the only wat that can happen is to remove the master sword from his head...maybe instead of Gannons tower..the next Link would have to traverse Gannons Hyrule

W

WindWakerFan21

The Wind Waker was my first Zelda game ever. I first played the demo that came with the Collectors Edition and fell in love with it. The music is GREAT the cel-shaded graphics are GREAT. It will always have a special place in my heart as my first and favorite LoZ game ever made. After buying the full version and beating it and downloading the soundtrack and every wallpaper ever made for the game I can still play it and never get bored. Wind Waker FTW!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom