• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Final Smash Character

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I said I don't care to speculate, but a thought crossed my mind when I was browsing the eshop sales and passed the ninja gaiden collection

koei tecmo doesn't have much spotlight in smash despite being pals w/ nintendo for a while...just sayin

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't really have any speculations. The only ones I'd guess would be ones I wanna see. I do still think Monster Hunter would be a great way to finish off the DLC, to give Rathalos a stage and fighter to match with it. But otherwise, it's very likely gonna be a character I don't really feel anything for, so weh. I'm just said I won't be able to watch it live because of work.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
It's gonna be Crash, I can feel it.

But I do actually have a bit of evidence to back up this claim- sometime recently Sakurai tweeted something along the lines of, "A lot of you might not know this next character, but I hope you'll be able to enjoy him anyway." The article that posted this made it sound like Sakurai was trying to avoid us getting our hopes up because it wouldn't be a popular pick, BUT I realised that his tweet was fan translated, meaning it was intended with Japan in mind. So I think that means we're getting a western character, and what better western character to finish off Ultimate than good ol Crash?? And it would line up with how much Nintendo themselves is hyping this up...

Plus, they're doing some "celebration of gaming" along with all this, so seeing the 3 90s rivals (sonic, mario and crash) all in one place would be fitting. Its a stretch of course but man am I hoping this is true, thoughts and prayers everyone

Fig

The Altruist
Honestly, it's a great choice no matter how you slice it. The only reason why people are mad about Sora is because they either never played KH so they don't have that familiarity with him or they just your typical salty manchild Nintendrone. Sora being in Smash is actually great not only for gameplay and to celebrate video games as Smash has been doing so, but also shows that the impossible is actually possible. Sora is the pinnacle of licensing rights hell because not only do you have to consider Square Enix in the deal but also Disney. Congrats to all the KH fans who have been waiting for 7 years. You all deserve it and I'll see you on the 18th!

Last edited:
Wasn't hype about him joining smash but samurai certainly delivered with some smash lore.

-the smash flame is canon and is what gives life to the smash trophies.
-the smash flame seems to be going out and reminds me a lot of the first flame in dark souls.
-the last ember dropped from the smash flame reminds me of the dark soul that was granted to the furtive pigmy
-the last ember is picked up by Mario and he melds it into a keyboard making Mario the next keyboard wielder like mickey
-the keyhole seems to breathe life into the trophies just like the smash flame although it's more of a light than a flame reminding me of the light force.

EDIT: Auto correct, lol.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Sora-2.jpg

I am so ecstatic about this, this could not have been more satisfying in my eyes. Easily head to head w/ Sephiroth for my favorite reveal, maybe mildly less so b/c Sephiroth was unexpected while Sora was a popular pick, but nevertheless, he's finally in Smash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom