• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Fantasy

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Before I start if there is a thread already about this sorry =\. But anyway i've recently purchased Final Fantasy 12 and Final Fantasy 3 their both awesome games so far. What I would like to know is what is your Final Fantasy game you've played so far and which Final Fantasy game that got you into the series. I'll start, the first Final Fantasy game I played was Final Fantasy 4 it really got me into the series. :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The first Final Fantasy game I can recall playing is Final Fantasy VII for the PS1 - you know, that "super duper overrated game with that emo kid Cloud". VII was freaking awesome, the game was huge, graphics were pretty, etc. But, I don't remember all too much about VII.

The FF that really got me into Final Fantasy, though, is Final Fantasy XII for the PS2. XII is my hands down favorite of the series, it beats out everything ever. Huge game, fantastic music, amazing characters, sweet story, and loads upon loads upon loads of content. Not to mention its intuitive combat system that so many people hate.

Final Fantasy XII is the best for me!

I own IV, VI, X, and XII.

The only one I've ever really played through is X and I absolutely adored it. As I said, I own IV, VI, and XII but they're thrown on the shelf for when I want to play them.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I beat 1-8(3 being the remake, same with 4 though I did have the 4th anniversary edition that has a prequel to 4 and a sequel to it as well).

I also beat Dissidia 1 and 2. And Crisis Core.

Anyway, Final Fantasy 7 got me into the series, probably like it did everyone else that may have gotten into it during the 2000s lol.

My favorite one between 1-8(because the ones after 10 really sucks)would probably be hmm...either 4 or 7.

I suggest you get a PSP and get Dissidia Duodecim 02. It's a prequel to the original Dissidia and also incldes the story mode of the first game as well, but in a much better fashion since you can traverse a world map now.

The firs ti played was FFVIII, i saw an advert on TV with Rinoa and her wings and falling into Squall's arms and fell in love with her, she was my first crush. I picked up the game and sucked at it, but it was the first game where i really took note of the characters.

Later i played FFVII and hated it, and didn't really follow the series. Years later i played FF9 and liked it but thought it was only okay. I also played ten and thought the same. I want to play 13 but that is only because i have a thing for Lightning. The only FF game i've enjoyed since 8 are the two Dissidia games on the psp and even then the further you progress the more you realise that the combat system is broken.

Dont get angry over this because this was the game that brought me into the series. final fantasy xiii and xiii-2.

The game that got me into the franchise was X and it's also my favourite.

I've also completed VI, VIII, X-2 and XII. I'm not a big fan of X-2 and XII. Prefer VI and VIII. They had awesome music, memorable characters, sweet story, awesome gameplay (actually, the gameplay is the only complaint I have for VIII). I'm also currently playing IX through the PSN.
I've played Final Fantasy Origins but I haven't got around finishing either game on the disc. Other games I've played but never finished is IV, V and XIII. I don't own them and I'm not sure if I'll pick them up. I know I won't for XIII. What really threw me off was the gameplay. I really hated the fact that, if your party leader dies, it's game over even if your other characters are still alive.

I guess that's it.

Kirino

Tatakae
I've played III, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XIII, and XIII-2. My favorites are Final Fantasy VII , Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy VIII. The one that got me in the series was acually XIII. Say what you want about the gameplay(which I acually liked), but Final Fantasy XIII's graphics, music, and story are by far the best in the series, IMO. Lightning has to be my favorite character ever.

The first Final Fantasy game that I played was IV, and it got me into the series. Then I went ahead and beat 1-10. Out of all of them, IX, VIII, and IV are tied for my absolute favorite.

IV is in my top 3 because it was my first, and the characters are amazing.
VIII had the best characters and story, plus the Junction system was too much fun for me.
IX had good characters, amazing music, and a decent story.

Some honorable mentions for my top three are:

V because of the amazing music and job system,
VII because of the music, and
VI because of the characters and music.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I love FF IV, VI, and IX, but X nearly killed the series for me. It seems like they've only taken more steps in the wrong direction since then. What happened to this series?

IV got me into the series. I first played it after it came out for the GBA. Amazing title.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What happened to this series?
I'm not saying this is what causes you to dislike the series from X onwards, but for me (sans XII and XIII-2), the series got progressively more modernized. It felt less like a fantasy and more like a...well, reality. The massive leap forward for graphics only increased the problem. The cheesy voice acting, the battle pace (as well as how you actually handle each battle), and maybe even the soundtrack have detracted from the experience since IX (though I don't care for IX; people laud it as flappin amazing yet I don't see what there is to love about the game).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom