• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Fantasy Series

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I made a statement that I might regret. I do that too often. I said I did not like Final Fantasy. I made this statement too early. I still haven´t played more Final Fantasy games then the spin off I own, Tactics Advance that is. I did not play it for awhile but started to play it again a couple of days ago. When you get into it it´s quite amusing and the time just flies, an indication that it is a good game. When/if I finish it I guess I will get Final Fantasy 4 or 6 (or both) for my GBA.

mewtwolord

Hello World
Wow this group is still alive?I'm so freaking mad I was downloading music to my Psp and I turned it off for a while few hours later went to play Final Fantasy II and my memory card got corrupted and now it doen't work what a peace off bull!@#$

Kybyrian

Somebody mentioned just a little earlier in posts that the PS2 ones are better in their opinion, and I strongly disagree. I think it was a lot better whenever Square was working with Nintendo to make the earlier Final fantasy games.

I made a statement that I might regret. I do that too often. I said I did not like Final Fantasy. I made this statement too early. I still haven´t played more Final Fantasy games then the spin off I own, Tactics Advance that is. I did not play it for awhile but started to play it again a couple of days ago. When you get into it it´s quite amusing and the time just flies, an indication that it is a good game. When/if I finish it I guess I will get Final Fantasy 4 or 6 (or both) for my GBA.

Tactics isnt a spinoff per-say. It part of the huge Ivalise timeline, (FFXII) and isnt really an rpg like the rest.

I have almost beaten 4 now :) but the end is just rediculis, Bahemeths are the freeken weekest thing in the core! whos idea was that! I can only go to floor 3 with out getting my *** serverd to me by 2 death masks (1 is hard enough!).

Kybyrian said:
Somebody mentioned just a little earlier in posts that the PS2 ones are better in their opinion, and I strongly disagree. I think it was a lot better whenever Square was working with Nintendo to make the earlier Final fantasy games.

I would agree with you to a point. PS2 was not exactly the golden era for FF. X with its semi poor voice acting X-2 having what some call to much jap culture (idk...its a complaint I hear alot) and XI being an MMO on all systems and XII being Ivalice, and new fighting style that i dont care for...

PS1 and Snes = best FF experince

I believe I was the one that said that. I'm the complete opposite. I don't like the early Final Fantasy games at all, but I've loved the PS and PS2 games. Maybe I'm just weird that way.:P

Amelie

Air Dancer
I remember I played FF 6 and 7 on Playstation years ago. I dont really like the series much. I mean.. I have been trying to play 12 of PS2 but its so hard for me to remember everything and stuff like that. I like RPG games... but I guess I kind of find FF boring. Maybe there is something wrong with me >>

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I don't like every game in the series... It is a good series but I only like FF VII,VII CC, VIII and X... I also like the first FF Tactics Advance.

My favorite characters must be Sephiroth, Lulu, Riku and Tifa

As someone who owns every Final Fantasy game to date I'll give you a good insight on them.

FF1 is good best ver to get is the psp one....mmmm widescreen.

FF2 is bad...really bad.... dont bother.

FF3 super easy and can be easily abused with the Onion Knights.

FF4 my personal fav...every good but the ds and ps1 vers are the hard version while the snes and gba ones were the easy versons...so get which ever you want...also the hard vers are very hard.

FF5 is great and the job system is really cool

FF6 is probly the best one so play it.

FF7 very good but gets meh when you get to good at it.

FF8 better than 7. Squall > Cloud......"whaterever"

FF9...i didnt care for it some people like it, I didnt...to much grinAN.

FF10...oh god bad VA is BAD..but very good game....HAHAHAHA HAHAHHA

FF11 its an MMO what can u say...water looks great though...

FF12 good but very long... easily 50+ hours

FF T/ WTL or Tactics:War of the Lion....one of the best games ever

and then there was a game called Final Fantasy Mystic Quest... It was the first FF i ever played and remains as one of my favorite games....

So for the most part they are all worth a play... IF u dont have money u can always use google to find 'em......

Yeah I just got Final Fantasy Tactics Advance today. I have yet to start paying it though. Any things that I should be aware of in this game?

the bad ending and becareful when in Jagd because if ur people die they are gone for good like in fire emblem.

G

Gravity

I highly suggest you follow through with that last statement. Final Fantasy IV is EPIC, and VI is also awesome. However if you're looking for just the sheer dynamics of the best job system ever, don't skip out on Final Fantasy V for the GBA. Good God, you can be or do anything in that game, or any combination of "anything". Highly recommended.

S

Seinfeld

My biggest issue with these games is the lack of a core group of characters that remained throughout the entire series, which makes it hard to get into it. The gameplay is fine enough, but I have a hard time looking past the character's thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest issue with these games is the lack of core group of characters that remained throughout the entire series, which makes it hard to get into it. The gameplay is fine enough, but I have a hard time looking past the character's thing.

I think that's why I loved X-2 so much. It finally had characters that I knew and cared about, which made the game much more enjoyable. And the fact that the perfect ending was an excellent way to end the Tidus/Yuna story.:D

Kybyrian

I remember I played FF 6 and 7 on Playstation years ago. I dont really like the series much. I mean.. I have been trying to play 12 of PS2 but its so hard for me to remember everything and stuff like that. I like RPG games... but I guess I kind of find FF boring. Maybe there is something wrong with me >>

I think VI and VII were pretty good ones, but everybody has the right to be different. You should maybe pick up some of the earlier ones if you ever feel like it, see if you can get into them. I get mixed up with the Final Fantasy games a lot, just a tendency since they're so long and in depth games, some of them take a LOT of patience as well.

It's also harder to get into a Final Fantasy game if you don't like games that don't tend to link together, more specifically the early ones, since some of the others start to maybe link, X and X-2 of course. If you're like me and don't mind how they don't tend to link to each other in any way then it's easier to get into the game after you play one Final Fantasy and then switch to another.

It's also harder to get into a Final Fantasy game if you don't like games that don't tend to link together, more specifically the early ones, since some of the others start to maybe link, X and X-2 of course. If you're like me and don't mind how they don't tend to link to each other in any way then it's easier to get into the game after you play one Final Fantasy and then switch to another.

Wasn't there some kind of connection between VII and X? I remember there being a secret sphere in X-2 that had something to do with VII....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom