• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts?

Which is better?

• Final Fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Ohai Shiba here. I had this question that has been bugging me for a while. What game is better, Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts? I honestly like them both. Each game has a good story. Buy what do you guys think?

jugglaj91

I am me....
Older Final Fantasy games for me. Kingdom Hearts is good and all, and it incorporates FF characters but I loved the story and gameplay of the older FF over KH.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Older Final Fantasy games for me. Kingdom Hearts is good and all, and it incorporates FF characters but I loved the story and gameplay of the older FF over KH.
Oh cool. They sound fun. I should try them. I only played the crystal croniscals.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like KH's gameplay over FF's, and FF's many stories over KH's. But I don't really like KH1 because it's kinda slow, and I don't really like BBS' battle system because it's all over the place. They're still good entries into the series though.

If you've only played Crystal Chronicles, you should definitely pick up one of the main titles. If you have a PS2, I completely recommend FF12 and FF10. Those are really good games IMO.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
If you've only played Crystal Chronicles, you should definitely pick up one of the main titles. If you have a PS2, I completely recommend FF12 and FF10. Those are really good games IMO.
Hmm I do have a ps2 thankfully. That's how I play most of my KH games. But I'll ask mom for the games you recommended. Because I've been dying to try some of the main title game.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I've got an answer, but believe me, I'm incredibly biased. :P

I'd say Final Fantasy. I'm not really saying it because of the gameplay, 'cause that's an apples/oranges situation anyway (from where I see it).

I mean, I like how Final Fantasy doesn't need you to play every game to understand the overall plot (they're not even related between themselves, after all). But that's just me.

I'm usually not keen on games that require me to play the whole series to get it.

See? Biased. :lol:

Last edited:

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
I've got an answer, but believe me, I'm incredibly biased. :P

I'd say Final Fantasy. I'm not really saying it because of the gameplay, 'cause that's an apples/oranges situation anyway (form where I see it).

I mean, I like how Final Fantasy doesn't need you to play every game to understand the overall plot (they're not even related between themselves, after all). But that's just me.

I'm usually not keen on games that require me to play the whole series to get it.

See? Biased. :lol:
Lol I see. I have to agree with you. Its kinda annoys me how you need the whole kg seires to understand the story. So I know how you feel. :lol:

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I agree with sinkingbadges on this one. I prefer games that don't require you to play the whole friggin series to understand, like Monster Hunter (one of my favorite series, can't wait for MHF3!) But, I've only played so many KH and FF games... All I have is Crisis Core for FF and I've played and beaten 358 days/2 but I've played a decent amount of the other games to kinda get the series. Basicaly, all I do is go on websites to find out the stories if I don't want to get all of the games.

Last edited:

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
I agree with sinkingbadges on this one. I prefer games that don't require you to play the whole friggin series to understand, like Monster Hunter (one of my favorite series, can't wait for MHF3!) But, I've only played so many KH and FF games... All I have is Crisis Core for FF and I've played and beaten 356 days/2 but I've played a decent amount of the other games to kinda get the series. Basicaly, all I do is go on websites to find out the stories if I don't want to get all of the games.
Hmm yeah. Like I said before, needing a whole seires for one story gets really annoying. And 358/2 days was the first KH game I'd played.

E

EvilMag

I would go with Kingdom Hearts. It's a good series. My main problem is that KH2 party members are meat bags at best since they do little to no damage compared to KH1.

BBS is decent but i'm not a big fan of the battle system there and it sucks since Re:coded had the same one and 3D will have it as well.

I never liked 358/2 Days because it was on the DS.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Hmm yeah. Like I said before, needing a whole seires for one story gets really annoying. And 358/2 days was the first KH game I'd played.

Yeah, and that can be quite a problem for the 3 1/2 people in the world who didn't get a PS2 (yes, we exist! :P). Ok, lame jokes aside, 358/2 is curiously the reason I said that. I don't like how it depends too much on the plot of the others. Still, I'm not sure if I made it look like I was ragging on KH or not, but just for the record, I do think the story is great, just hard to get into (from what I've read). But, I guess they do it for artistic integrity. Or what Squeenix considers to be artistic integrity. Dunno.

And in case you haven't been told enough times, Vanitas is right. The main FFs are worth it.

I never liked 358/2 Days because it was on the DS.

This, too. The DS probably wasn't the best fit for KH. IMHO

Last edited:

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
Final Fantasy X is my favorite game of all time. Period. KH is NOTHING compared to a series as legendary as the game that started up the love of rpgs.

linkman8

True and Noble
This is coming from someone who never actually played Kingdom Hearts, but saw other people playing it and knows what the gist of it is. Final fantasy is far better, in my opinion, although I'm also a bit biased on that one. It's not the Square Enix part of Kingdom Hearts that bothers me. It's the Disney part. I don't trust Disney with video games, and I don't particularly like their characters either. I'm still kind of wondering why Square Enix and Disney teamed up at all. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten me.

But I digress. I'm sure Kingdom Hearts is a fine game, but I personally like Final Fantasy. Admittedly I haven't played all of them, but I get the idea from the ones I have played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom