• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Fantasy III (NDS)

"An earthquake opens up a previously hidden cavern in Altar Cave near the village of Ur on the floating continent. Four young orphans under the care of Topapa, the village elder, explore the earthquake's impact and come across a crystal of light. The crystal grants them a portion of its power, and instructs them to go forth and restore balance to the world. Not knowing what to make of the crystal's pronouncements, but nonetheless recognizing the importance of its words, the four inform their adoptive family of their mission and set out to explore an overworld outside the area in which they were brought up to bring back balance to the world.

Their adventures bring them to discover that there lies a whole world beyond the boundaries of the floating continent upon which they were living. In the world below, they discover that a warlock named Xande, one of three apprentices to the legendary Archmage Noah, is trying to possess the crystals of light to bring forth chaos and disorder. The four warriors eventually arrive at the Crystal Tower where they discover that the Cloud of Darkness is the source of the recent events. The Cloud attempts to bring back a similar situation as the Flood of Light a millennia earlier so that the world is pulled into the void. The warriors from the light traverse into the domain of the dark crystals to free the imprisoned dark warriors and defeat the Cloud of Darkness, thereby restoring the crystals and balance to the world."

I bought Final Fantasy III for the DS earlier this week. I have not put it down since I purchased it other than to play a just a little of Order of Ecclesia. Right now I've got close to 14 hours logged on my first save and I will assume I'm a little over 50% through the game considering I'm close to the Water Crystal. So far the game is great, the only thing missing is a deeper story line. Considering the game was originally published in 1990, before I was born, I guess I shouldn't set my standards too high!

The game is a very standard RPG, and of course, the typical FF game. Jobs, Equipment, Items, etc. There is a total of 23 jobs which are unlocked as you come across each crystal. Unfortunately, the last crystal has some of the best classes that you can unlock, and it's very late in the game. Luckily, if you're up to it, Job grinding is very very easy because of it being separate from the character's actual level.

My current set up:
Ingus - Knight
Luneth - Red Mage
Refia - White Mage
Arc - Black Mage

In the beginning of the game I started out with Warrior, Warrior, Red Mage, Thief. The Warrior class was very powerful with it's ability Advance which cases extra damage, but also weaken your defense. I loved Red Mage for both the White and Black magic capabilities, and Thief was good for stealing potions and similar items that may cure status problems. Unfortunately, the Thief is weak, can't wear heavy armor, and steals some pretty useless items that I can buy other then some equipment later in the game. The Warrior job becomes inferior to the Knight class which can use the Level 1 Cure Magic and is also a very good tank who will automatically defend your other party members.

I changed the Jobs of all of my characters half way through the game. Unfortunately it made all of them weak, regardless of their level because the only thing that the level of your character affects is the amount of your HP. Your Job Level is based on Job Points which are received through each character's Job actions such as Healing as a White Mage, Defending as a Knight, Using your Black Magic as a Black Mage, etc. You need 100 JP to level up your Job. I believe all jobs give you 20 JP per action until level 10 and then it may vary based on the class between 8 and 14 or something like that I was reading. So basically, if the jobs you're leveling have the Guard or Defend action, you can use that action over and over during the same battle and get at least 1 job level per battle.

This is definitely my favorite DS game so far. I have not even touched Phantom Hourglass since I purchased this game. Any talk about farming, grinding, Jobs, favorite places, favorite places to level up, the story, and equipment is welcome!

linkman8

True and Noble
I bought this game ages ago, and it was one of the best games I've played on the DS. (Later on I got FFIV, which was extremely fun also) Only problem was that it was incredibly difficult. Lemme try to remember my lineup; keep in mind I'm towards the end of the game, but I haven't actually beaten it.

Whatever my guy's name is: Dark Knight, I believe.
Ingus: Dragoon
Refia: I think like a Summoner or something.
Arc: White Mage

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am still trying to find a copy of it, as it is the only main final fantasy that I do not own.

It is very similar to FFV, the only difference being that FFV is far superior,imo

Only problem was that it was incredibly difficult.
Difficult? I find the game to be pretty easy. Then again, Job Leveling is what makes the game so easy considering your character's actual level has nothing to do with how well they perform. Do you still own the game? Would be great if someone on here still has it so that we can send some mail back and forth via Wi-Fi. Unfortunately that is a step towards each Job's Master Equipment, which I definitely want in the future!

I am still trying to find a copy of it, as it is the only main final fantasy that I do not own.

It is very similar to FFV, the only difference being that FFV is far superior,imo
I am guessing you do no buy games online?

Oh yeah, I still own the game, I just haven't played it in ages.
I don't quite understand what you mean by Master Equipment. I haven't heard about that.
"Mastery Items" would be the correct terms, but they're not really items, it is equipment. When you get any job level to 99, you get a Mastery Card when you then take to the Master Blacksmith who will make the Master Equipment for you. Each Job has one piece of Master Equipment.

Examples:
Freelancer
Ceestial Gloves
Def: 40
MDef: 18
Bonus: +15 All Stats

Warrior
Name: Gigantic Axe
Atk: 155
Bonus: +20 STR

Red Mage
Name: Crimson Vest
Def: 50
MDef: 25
Bonus: +10 All Stats

And so on. But to get to the Master Blacksmith, you have to go through a series of side quests which unfortunately involves the Moghouse mailing system. If you have Skype, MSN, or something similar, that would make things easier for us. If you could swap friend codes with me that would be great and would also help you if you plan to continue playing!

:cool:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Difficult? I find the game to be pretty easy. Then again, Job Leveling is what makes the game so easy considering your character's actual level has nothing to do with how well they perform. Do you still own the game? Would be great if someone on here still has it so that we can send some mail back and forth via Wi-Fi. Unfortunately that is a step towards each Job's Master Equipment, which I definitely want in the future!

I am guessing you do no buy games online?

I do, but the shipment can be quite expensive in portugal

Yea, FF3 was a fantastic DS game and the first one i owned, it was also pretty difficult imo.

Would be great if someone on here still has it so that we can send some mail back and forth via Wi-Fi. Unfortunately that is a step towards each Job's Master Equipment, which I definitely want in the future!

I would probably be able to help you out there because ive been looking for someone to send mail to also :)

I would probably be able to help you out there because ive been looking for someone to send mail to also :)
1634-4109-2520

I've been checking the Mail daily, as well as sending out mail. Unfortunately, you can only send one letter an hour, but you can bypass that by changing the time on your DS. Feel free to add me.

Halo siera 117

Eh.... senior member?
FF III DS was my favorite in the whole series! It is my favorite DS game too!

I haven't been playing it for a long time for a little accident:
I was grinding in the crystal placace place for a long time, then I decided to take a break and play through the game again on another save file; little did I know I had erased the game! Lucky Me!

Nontheless, I still love the game to peices!

Kybyrian

Oh man do I love me some FF III DS. One thing that I like more, however, is FF V Advance.

I'll show off my classes anyway. :)

[noparse]LUNETH
ONION KNIGHT JOB LEVEL 17
LEVEL 99
HP 9998/9999
MP 49/ 43/ 36/ 30/ 23/ 17/ 10/ 4
99 ALL STATS
ATTACK ... 310
DEFENSE ... 150
MAGIC DEFENSE ... 105

R HAND: ULTIMA WEAPON
L HAND: ULTIMA WEAPON

HEAD: ONION HELM
BODY: ONION ARMOR
ACCESSORY: ONION GAUNTLETS

ARC
SAGE JOB LEVEL 99
LEVEL 99
HP 8456/8456
MP 49/ 43/ 26/ 30/ 23/ 17/ 8/ 4
STRENGTH ... 38
AGILITY ... 38
VITALITY ... 63
INTELLECT ... 88
MIND ... 95

ATTACK ... 63
DEFENSE ... 47
MAGIC DEFENSE ... 55

R HAND: GOLEM STAFF
L HAND: RNE STAFF

HEAD: RIBBON
BODY: MAGE ROBE
ACCESSORY: RUNE BRACERS

REFIA
DRAGOON JOB LEVEL 13
LEVEL 99
HP 8680/9999
MP ALL 0
STRENGTH ... 99
AGILITY ... 71
VITALITY ... 56
INTELLECT ... 52
MIND ... 52

ATTACK ... 290
DEFENSE ... 108
MAGIC DEFENSE ... 59

R HAND: MAGIC LANCE
L HAND: MAGIC LANCE

BODY: CRYSTAL MAIL
ACCESSORY: CRYSTAL GLOVES

INGUS
NINJA JOB LEVEL 99
LEVEL 99
HP 9693/9999
MP ALL 0
STRENGTH ... 85
AGILITY ... 99
VITALITY ... 65
INTELLECT ... 62
MIND ... 62

ATTACK ... 280
DEFENSE ... 90
MAGIC DEFENSE ... 64

R HAND: MURAMASA
L HAND: MURAMASA

BODY: FUMA GARB
ACCESSORY: GENJI GLOVES[/noparse]

As you can see I had a lot of time on my hands while working on this game.

you cant get 2 Ultima weapons.... something smells fishy..also NO DEVOT AND SUMMONER BLASPHAMY!!!.. best line up is:
2 onion knights, devot summoner. the game is easymode any way so DOING ALL White mages is do able.

Halo siera 117

Eh.... senior member?
I'm trying to get back on my feet, I'm only at the drawven cavern, but I was too under leveld so I decided to grind a bit. I'm doing my favorite class combination for the starting island at least, White Mage/ Black Mage/ Warrior(ranged)/ warrior(melee). right now they're all at level sixteen, any sugestions, like to what level should I grind to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom