• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Box Art

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
It's darker than it was before but just as beautiful. The back cover screenshots are also nice.

It's actually not darker, it's just the lighting. Because it's so glossy, it appears to be dark due to the surrounding room being dark.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There are actually two of them. This is the one for North America (and other countries).

317886_211366182266452_125038904232514_477972_279993055_n.jpg

This is the one for Japan.

310575_211363392266731_125038904232514_477961_1320803593_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Japan's is so much better looking in my opinion; why do they get the more colorful ones?! Still, both are great! Go Nintendo, keep on with the great artwork!

How is it that Japan always gets the better box-art? :lol: Either way, these box-arts are really cool andis just another reason we can't wait for Skyward Sword!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I like the golden version the best, partly because it's the one I'll be receiving in the mail, and second it sticks to tradition...

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
While I do like both of them, I must agree that I'm really partial to the Japanese Boxart. I love the way Link is actually holding his sword up against the backdrop of the open blue sky. The image seems to have more perspective to it reaching up into the sky than the gold one does, which feels comparatively flatter, and it is more illustriously accurate of the game's title, Skyward Sword, with Link's sword glistening and really extending up straight into the sky. The blue just feels perfect for the game's cover to me, although at the same time, I suppose that might just be a case of personal preference in the end.

I think what I might do is wait for high-quality scans of the japanese boxart to appear online, and then print one out as a second cover that I can swap with the gold one when I want. That should be a good way to balance the two anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom