• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Final Bosses

J

jwatson390

Sorry if something like this already exists but i didn't want to go back more than 5 pages of threads.

Ok so i beat the game recently. For the Ghirahim fight i was pretty satisfied, with the horde before him and then the fight with him. I loved his real look and the whole fight in the air, followed by the sword fight. That was a good challenge for me and I finished with 1 heart left. But fighting Demise was very... lacking. Does anyone else feel this way? I beat him with very little trouble and only lost one heart. I expected more from the final boss of a Zelda game. I timed it the next time i played. I beat him in less than two minutes.

Now don't get me wrong I loved this game, it may even be my new favorite. But as far as I'm concerned, Demise was a very weak and easy boss. The flying imprisoned fight was much harder because of never being able to get close to his feet for more than two seconds.

I had trouble at first, but once I figured out what to do it went by very fast. But during the first phase, doing the double shield bash on Demise to block his every move felt SO GOOD.

J

jwatson390

I had trouble at first, but once I figured out what to do it went by very fast. But during the first phase, doing the double shield bash on Demise to block his every move felt SO GOOD.

Yes it really did lol but that's what made it so easy. But yes. Blocking all his moves and watching him stumble was very refreshing :)

My shield broke during the fight with ghirahim, and it was hard at first without a shield. But I think it was very epic. the graphics went from ok to amazing imo and he really looked like a final boss shouls look like. And when the weather changed and the thunder hit the sword it was just epic

J

jwatson390

Yeah in no way did it look bad. it was beautifully done with the weather and all that. Without a shield i see how it could be difficult. It was indeed an appropriate looking boss

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
For me, even though a final boss seems like a fail, I still enjoy it because of who he is. Ganondorf from TP was kinda easy (for me), but I still had fun fighting him. I haven't fought Demise yet, but even if he's easy, i'd still enjoy the fight whether or not he was easy.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Honestly I also expected more from that battle. It all built up so great with the final battle against Ghirahim and the one-man-army section before that, where Link took out hundreds of bokoblins! I think there should've been more strategy involved in the final battle and more stages to it. As much as I could criticise TP, WW and OoT for being too easy too, at least the final battles in these games had a feeling of great epicness, something that was missing this time. I would've wished for maybe 4 or 5 stages of that battle and for different transformations of him again (like it was the case in OoT, MM, WW and TP) where all the tactics you learned throughout the game and many different items would've been used. Instead, it basically felt just like an updated Stalfos battle (first miniboss!) or a slightly harder Darknut battle from TP. But maybe we should view upon the Demise battle as just one part of the final battle and include the final Ghirahim battle. Then things look much better again.
And I have to agree that it was one of the best moments graphically in the game. Someone has a sufficiently powerful PC to play the game in 1080p with anti-aliasing etc. and record it with fraps at the same time and at full speed and he uploaded it to Youtube, and I must say that it doesn't fall far behind PS3/X360:

[video=youtube;fL0RjdcsZUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0RjdcsZUY[/video]

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I really enjoyed both battles. The final Ghirihim fight was really cool; maybe my favorite boss battle in the game. Demise could have been harder but I thought he was still pretty challenging. If you think about it; he wasn't any easier than the other final bosses in the franchise. Ganondorf/Ganon has always been pretty easy. Demise is definitely the coolest looking final boss of any Zelda game imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom