• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Boss of Skyward Sword?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
@wolflink25 But then again, Nintendo has made other changes from the traditional Zelda series in Skyward Sword, haven't they? Who knows, the best we can do is wait and see.

Dark_One

Fierce Diety
I doubt Ghirahim will be the final boss because Nintendo rarely lets information like the identity a final boss out until launch. For him to have shown up in the trailers probably means as a boss he's similar to Zant, but most likely has a more pivotal role in the game than Zant had.

It's been insinuated that the whale is a servant of the Godesses, so I highly doubt it's an enemy. I think Ghirahim will be the final boss.

I think that Ghirahim will play a role more like Zant of Twilight Princess. Anyone else agree with that?

Edit: I just read above and saw I was beat to it. Haha

I think that Ghirahim will play a role more like Zant of Twilight Princess. Anyone else agree with that?
:yes: I can agree with that, however I still think he will be a subordinate to someone else (like someone higher in rank). I got an odd feeling that we're in for a very surprising final boss and a twist at the end!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I also don't think it'll be Ghirahim. Having him as a final boss would be somehow... "anticlimactic" to the story because you'll probably meet and battle him a dozen times in the game and that wears off when it comes to the final boss. But then again, other game series did that a lot. For example let's look at the Final Fantasy series with Garland (I), the Emperor (II), Exdeath (V), Kefka (VI) and Sephiroth (VII). You got to know all of them very early into the game and even battled most of them long before the end of the game. But then there are some examples where the true final boss is revealed very late in the game, as with Dark Cloud (III) and Zeromus (IV) where those who you thought to be the final bosses were actually just some kind of servants of them.
On a side note, I always thought that FFIII influenced TP quite a bit. It can't be a coincidence that both "Zande" and "Zant" (oh, those names look nothing alike!) were only servants of a "higher power". Then there's quite some similarity between TP Hyrule field music and FFIII Dark World music. And the "4 light spirits" vs "4 light crystals" as well as many more story similarities. Maybe this time they're borrowing from FFVII, after all IMO Ghirahim and Sephiroth do look somehow alike.
Neither do I think that it'll be Ganon(dorf) even though I don't fully agree with the widespread theory that Ganondorf isn't born yet or too young in SS. We don't know about the life expectancy of the Gerudos, who says that he's not already 300 years old in OoT? Or simply immortal? Still I don't think he'll be the final boss. And I really don't hope that Ghirahim will be some sort of "Zant 2.0", if Nintendo did that then many fans would be very disappointed and they know that. Knowing Nintendo, they'll probably put something totally unexpected as the final boss battle.
LOL, it wouldn't surprise me if we had to face the original Majora at the end of the game ;)

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I was really hoping to learn more about an enemy we've already met. considering i just finished link's awakening, i'd like to see where Dethl came from and a human form of him maybe (dethldorf?). More likely is either a completely unique character, or a character that parallels ganon in some way, with something "of power" making it a real enemy.

W

WMMeckler

Ganondorf is going to be foreshadowed in this game, and it will explain why he showed up. I agree with Ryuyasha in that Ghirahim probably is like Zant. If that is the case, I'm betting that Vaati is the final boss. If not, then Ghirahim probably extracts Zelda's "Holiness", and uses it to amplify his power, sorta like what Ganondorf did with the Triforce of Power in OoT, where he turns into Ganon. And if anybody knows what the sword Link is using in the demo shown at E3 is, I'd be happy to know. Is it the Skyward Sword itself, or just a random sword?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think the final boss will be the Demon king. If it is Demon King Ganon it will not be the Ganondorf from OOT but a previous incarnation.Perhaps before his destruction he will hint at his rebirth and that will be what Nintendo meant by this game linking to Ganondorf in OOT.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I expect the final boss of SS to deal with something that leads to Ganondorf. There was an interview that said something about the fans noticing a few things within SS that could link to Ganondork himself, so Ganonking's idea would be a nice possibility. I'd love for a non Ganondorf Ganon to make an appearance, it could give a lot of backstory to OoT and individual characters at any rate.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The whale is a servant of the goddess that guards Skyloft, as others have pointed out. (And, no, the whale shown in the trailer is not part of a dream, don't let anyone convince you of that BS.) It's clear that the final boss will either be all of the "dark interlopers", just Ghirahim, or (if the "dark interlopers" and the Dark Tribe connect) the King of Darkness. Whichever of these it is, it's gonna go down as the Interloper War.

I expect the final boss of SS to deal with something that leads to Ganondorf.

He's not going to be directly in the game. The reasons he showed up in Ocarina of Time will be mentioned, but he won't be in the game at all.

I was really hoping to learn more about an enemy we've already met. considering i just finished link's awakening, i'd like to see where Dethl came from and a human form of him maybe (dethldorf?). More likely is either a completely unique character, or a character that parallels ganon in some way, with something "of power" making it a real enemy.

Dethl is just something made up for Link's Awakening and was one of the Nightmares of the Wind Fish's dream. He won't be appearing anywhere outside of LA.

I doubt Ghirahim will be the final boss because Nintendo rarely lets information like the identity a final boss out until launch. For him to have shown up in the trailers probably means as a boss he's similar to Zant, but most likely has a more pivotal role in the game than Zant had.

Quite possibly, but it's still possible he could be the final boss. I sort of doubt that, but it's not impossible. He's definitely someone important, though, and not just some somewhat insignificant person that won't really appear much in the game as Axle first thought. He's going to appear at least 3 times during the game, as we've seen him in 3 separate locations: the golden statue from the GDC trailer, in Skyloft (near the statue of the goddess) in the latest E3 trailer, and the boss battle in the Sky Temple from those demo videos. Plus, Nintendo directly said that he will be important and that his character will develop throughout the story. Whatever happens, he's gonna play a bigger part of Skyward Sword than Zant did in Twilight Princess imo.

A

Augonator

Maybe that classmate of link turns into the future ganondorf! Just putting it out there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom