• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Final Boss Battle Done the "hard" Way

The first time I beat him, I had no idea I could do the "Lightning Strike". I used Shield Bash the whole way through and lost a lot of health.
The upside is that it was much more satisfying, lengthy, and difficult, and, when Demise was defeated, it really gave off the sense of finality, the sense of accomplishment, the sense of having overcome a challenge.
I still use a combination of shield bash and Lightning Strike. I really do love the shield bash method for Demise.

W

Whirling Blade

The Skyward Lightning strike makes the battle really quick. I took down demise with within 40-50 seconds of the second phase because of it. My first encounter with him though I had a hunch you could use it and I was right.

I really had no idea until after I had beaten him that you could do the lighting strike thing. I didn't think he was too terribly hard without it, though (but not easy). I definitely want to try it my second time fighting him, however. I think it sounds like it would make that battle even cooler, and I do really wish that I had tried that on my first time beating him.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
Fi told me not to try Skyward Strikes, but when I saw Demise charging one, I figured it wasn't fair that he could do them and I couldn't, so.. I tried, and was successful. Actually, when I battle Demise, I don't use the lightning-charged strikes to hit him as much as I use them just to counter his. They hit his attack and nullify it. Very useful, if you ask me.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
My record at Demise is around 56 seconds or so. I want to face him without the Lightning Strike, but I haven't gotten a chance to try. Haven't played in a LONG time.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I didn't think to do it either, so I had to go on the extreme defense, expertly blocking every attack so I wouldn't stagger and be hit, then try and jump out of the way out of the electric shocks, then run up and slash like crazy in the precious few seconds I had before he charged up again. Even with 3 fully-charged health potions and an invincibility potion he still killed me 4 times. The 5th time I barely eked out a victory with 4 hearts remaining. I almost feel like this is the true end boss fight, since rather than exploit a cheap move and kill him quickly you really have to utilize the absolute best of your sword skills to beat him. A true challenge, and a fitting one for the origin of all evil in the world. I now refuse to fight him any other way.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I did it the "hard way" which really is the easier way (just slashing the crap outta him and shield bashing when necessary) -- it gets it done quicker and is more efficient.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I did skyward strike almost immediately in the second round. I had seen the battle done before I played it myself. With Zelda Wii U I will make an effort not to watch spoilers. I will view only official trailers at e3.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
At first i just slashed but halfway through i saw the lithtning and was like, "Ohhhhh," but the battle was to easy, i was like, "weres the rest??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom