• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Final Boss Battle Done the "hard" Way

R

Red Lion

Did anyone else beat Demise by just slashing him? I didn't even think to do a Skyward Strike until I saw a speed run of the final boss. Took a couple potions...but I kind of wish they forced you to figure out the Skyward Strike first...

Did anyone else experience this? Or was I just thick?

I think I knew about the Skyward Strike the first time... since Demise held his sword up and got it charged, I figured Link could, too.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
I did on accident, I tried at the beginning of the fight, when the lightning came I was think that it wasn't fair that he got to use it but I didn't. I didn't even think of using it with the lightning

Same thing happened to me. I didn't ever use the lightning the first time through the game, and it wasn't until the end of hero made that i figured it out.

I figured out the Skyward Strike right away, considering the Skyward Strike was actually quite a large part of the game. However, on hero mode i wanted more of a challenge so i used no potions and beat him by simply slashing alone :)

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I've done that once, it was pretty hard, for those who really want a challenge I suggest you do that, for those who don't then go ahead and not do it.

I didn't think to do the skyward strike either because Fi told me it wasn't possible during the battle. I had to go to the sheikah stone to find out about it. I really hate Fi for being so unhelpful. But you can beat him without the strike. The skyward strike gives you a big opening but is risky to pull off. Just keep doing little slashes until he goes down.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I was the same as you. I just went in and slashed him again and again. And it was hard it possible. I got him on the ground twice and I just needed him down one more time. I almost got him than died. Then I thought of trying a Skyward Strike and then learned it was what you had to do. So stupid of me :( But it is possible to do it and I was close. If you want to try bring a Gaurdian Potion and tons of health ones upgraded if you can.

I used the skyward strike when I first fought him. I had always used the skyward strike on all enemies and bosses I first fought and when I did it on Demise I was like "WOAH uber charged lightning discs... SWEET!"

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I think I did it the same way you did. I defeated him once really quickly, but then realized that if I saved then it would restart my save file when I began Hero Mode. I quit without saving to make a copy of my file and then fought him again. It was so much harder the second time. I don't know why. But yeah, I think I did it the hard way too.

Fi told me in the beginning a Skyward Strike wouldn't work... So I never tried again. xD

So yes, I also did it the hard way... I had used all my potions and had only a few hearts left when I defeated him... It was really difficult... And then I read of course about the easy way. I felt so stupid. =p

I kind of used ZD's guied to figure it out, but I probably would have figured it out if I hadn't looked the guied before the battle

The skyward strike gives you a big opening but is risky to pull off. Just keep doing little slashes until he goes down.

I took it the same way. I never did a skyward strike because I was having a lot of success at close quarters battle.

Did anyone else beat Demise by just slashing him? I didn't even think to do a Skyward Strike until I saw a speed run of the final boss. Took a couple potions...but I kind of wish they forced you to figure out the Skyward Strike first...

Did anyone else experience this? Or was I just thick?

You're not thick. I didn't think of it either. I love bosses that have more than one strategy for beating them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom