• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Final Battle?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
What's up my fellow nerds! I was re-watching the intro of Skyward Sword, and I was thinking how amazing it would be if we fought the great evil spoken about in the intro. I hope Ghirahim resurects him soon enough in the game, mainly because I don't want another "Ghirahim is a badass vilain! He is so cool, wait what? Oh, he is a puppet for the main villain we know nothing about" scenario. I want to know about him for a while, and be afraid, not just be thrown into the final boss battle with little motivations.

What do you guys think about this?

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I like that idea, it'll kinda b like In Spirit Tracks; When Anjean tells you Cole and Byrne are trying to resurrect Malladus, the Demon King.

I think it'll go over well, since Nintendo has never failed to impress us yet. (excluding the CD-i games)

Yeah, that's how I'd prefer it to go down as well. Since Fi tells us about the evil at the beginning of the game, I can only assume our knowledge of him will slowly but surely expand throughout the game. At least we know there is someone else, and we don't need to repeat another TP where Ganon literally popped up out of no where, with no prior warning . . .

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I like that idea, it'll kinda b like In Spirit Tracks; When Anjean tells you Cole and Byrne are trying to resurrect Malladus, the Demon King.

I think it'll go over well, since Nintendo has never failed to impress us yet. (excluding the CD-i games)

Watch it bro! Nintendo didn't make those abominations, they just let Philips use the Zelda name, we all know what they would do with that honnor...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Actually I believe he will make it clear he will be wanting the revival of his master, so we know Ghirahim will probably not be the final boss. Having his master revived at an early stage makes him seem less powerful. I think it would be better if the revival of his master means almost certain doom for skyloft and the world. This would have to happen near the end for it to work. I think cutscenes could be used to explain about this master before his actual revival, so we get some nice backstory for him.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
His master will most certainly be revived at the end. It would be far better for the story to pertain to an apocalyptic end than seeing the master emerge early and disappear until the final battle. It seems we're going to be led on something of a wild-good chase, since we can dowse for Zelda and in each Temple find that she was taken to another area, or that she simply was not there to begin with. Her rescue definitely needs to be pulled off with the last battle.

Having the master appear at the very end would be way to cliche. I want him to be revived midway through, have Link infiltrate his fortress, and then learn that there is one last thing keeping the master from becoming all powerful. Link would have to fight Ghirahim and/or his tribe as the master escaped. Then it would be a race to find the last key to the master's power.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
I know it will likely NEVER happen, but wouldn't it be cool that we beat Ghirahim's master, and he goes insane and we have to face him at the true extent of his powers

Last edited:
^
Yes, that would be cool. It could be similar to the end of Metroid Prime 2. We have this epic, drawn out battle with the master and after we defeat it Ghirahim appears and we battle him in the ruins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom