• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Figurines in Skyward Sword?!

No, there's no evidence to support this . . . but it just struck me randomly for some reason. With this game being as big as it is, do you think it's likely to see another Nintendo Gallery/Figurine Palace/Some sort of establishment like this? I think, given the BEAUTIFUL art style, a pictobox would certainly be a nice add on to the many items we'll be seeing in this game ^.^ I'm surprised no one has speculated yet on this, but what do you think of this happening? Would you want to see another Nintendo Gallery type of place in Skyward Sword along with the Pictobox? I sure would! Share your thoughts :yes:

HIN KILLER

Beaten every Zelda
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. I would agree with you that some sort of figurine collecting/picto box thing would be quite an excellent addition. I never tried working on the one in Wind Waker but thats only because of the picto box's limit of 3 pictures.

W

WindowsApples

I think that would be awesome! I loved wind wakers figurine palace. it was fun, even though i only got 4 figurines. but i they need to add more memory to the picto box so it holds more photos.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
I never tryed doing this figurine stuff, the say the truth I don't even know where's figurine palace, but, it would be great to have even more things to do in SS:P

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I remember when I found the Nintendo Gallery, then I tried the quest, and failed hard due to the annoying limit of Pictographs.

If we had the ability to save at least 10 at a time if we have to use a camera type thing, I would be most pumped for it :)

What if instead of figurines, you could get paintings? Itd really just be a frame, where you could peer into the painting, (Which is a 3D Environment, just imagine the frame as a window) from the outside.

Also, what if we could do more with the paintings? Maybe take some figurines and arrange them around each other and take snapshots, (new paintings), similar to the AR Cards for the 3DS.

Last edited:

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I think it would be interesting if you could get figurines but I wouldnt want it to be like the ones from WW. I liked the ones from MC because you didnt have to take pictures. But if they use the ones like in MC I still want it a little more complicated and a little less pricey but at the same time easier to get then in WW.

Pen

The game is on!
Yes! I loved the Pictobox in The Wind Waker! The Nintendo Gallery was intense, but it was still fun. Anyway, I have a new idea how we could use the Pictobox.

What if Link had an empty Pictography album in his house/room at the beginning of the game, but throughout the game Link can take new pictures for his album and fill it, so that one can view the pictures at any time.

It wouldn't be a side quest really (at least I don't think it would work as a side quest), it would just be a fun ad to the game, to watch old pictographs taken earlier in the game. :)

Night Owl

~Momentai
What if Link had an empty Pictography album in his house/room at the beginning of the game, but throughout the game Link can take new pictures for his album and fill it, so that one can view the pictures at any time.

It wouldn't be a side quest really (at least I don't think it would work as a side quest), it would just be a fun ad to the game, to watch old pictographs taken earlier in the game. :)
Sounds like what they did with the pictograph guy in LA. He had an album in his shop where he kept the pictures of link he took.

Farore

Goddess of Courage
My goodness!
If they managed to do something with pictographs or figurines, I would be shocked/relieved! When I was playing WW, I always found myself getting stuck in some sort of predicament. I would always go take pictures of EVERYTHING just because it gave me something to do and I was awarded for it (figurines of course). If Skyward Sword had something like that, I would be glad to know that there is something for me to do when I'm either stuck in an area or just want something fun to do.

Skyward Sword figurines could happen, and I think they'd be awesome! Though, it probably just won't happen. Companies look for toys that people will buy from them because they have the best price or deal. I don't think Skyward Sword figurines would fit those needs. Sure, they have Mario figurines but The Mario Series is way more popular than the Zelda series and has twice as many games. When the Zelda franchise becomes more popular, I think we'll start to see figurines more often.

ZeldaHunter, you hate The Legend of Zelda saying that.:mad: Sure Marios more known, but a little short if you play continuously, the Legend of Zelda doesen't make figurines because they work on more important things, like 3D MM, or WII U Zelda, SS.

Farore

Goddess of Courage
ZeldaHunter, you hate The Legend of Zelda saying that.:mad: Sure Marios more known, but a little short if you play continuously, the Legend of Zelda doesen't make figurines because they work on more important things, like 3D MM, or WII U Zelda, SS.

I'm not sure that ZeldaHunter meant for the words to seem as if he disliked the Legend of Zelda more than Mario. He is right about Mario being more popular. I don't see too many people preferring to play the Legend of Zelda games over the classic Mario games, and to be honest a majority of the individuals that I have come across don't even know what Zelda is or they have yet to try one of the games. ZeldaHunter is correct in my opinion about if there were REAL figurines from the Legend of Zelda that they would not sell because the masses are not familiar with the classic NES game.

On another note, let's not get off topic about this. I personally think that it would be a great addition to the GAME if they had figurines (like WindWaker) but I agree with ZeldaHunter that REAL figurines based off the game would be a no-go for the fact that it is not popular enough for 'toys' to make it on the shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom