• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Fighting Gannondorf in OoT

Number two, I had no idea that you could fall down the gap in the floor and live.

Really? I had no idea you could do that either. Explains the climbable walls in that giant room with all the pots before the battle.

Anyway, I found Ganondorf A LOT harder than Ganon. I was trying to get a zero death count, so that meant many resets for me. I could never time the sword slashes exactly right, and for some reason, using the Light Arrows after the energy ball stunned him initially didn't occur to me. :P Having no Z-Targeting was terrible as well.

Ganon was a blast. I didn't have too tough a time beating him, but I did get a little worried about my magic running out. Still, that was one epic boss.

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
I found Ganondorf harder than Ganon.

It took me a long while to beat Phantom Ganon but by the time I faced Ganondorf I had gotten better at playing tennis with him. I took a couple hits at first, then I finally got the hang of how he threw the energy orbs and using the biggoron sword, the light arrows, and the hover boots, I was able to take him down on my first try.

With Ganon, I was surprised at how easy he was, even though he did an ***load of damage with or without the defense upgrade, I never took much damage since he only hit me twice or thrice. I would either side hop around him and slice with the biggoron sword or role between his legs and do the same. And even though his movements got a lot more wild after I got the Master Sword back, I still finished him offed in a couple of minutes.

The fight was epic none the less, and he is my favourite boss in OoT. In fact he usually is my fav boss in all the games he's in.

Really? I had no idea you could do that either. Explains the climbable walls in that giant room with all the pots before the battle.

Heh, yeah. As I said in my other post I had some trouble figuring out exactly when I was supposed to use the light arrows, so naturally I was running out of magic all the time. Those bottles really helped, and I didn't have to waste my blue potions on Ganondorf because of them. The bottles are also a pretty good source of hearts if you're running low.

Pathetically easy. I had someone show me how to beat him before I fought him, so I beat him in one shot, although I had a little trouble as I sucked at video games back then.

But I don't think I would have had as much trouble as I did against Phantom Ganon.

All in all, a pretty weak final battle. Seems very few games (if any) are able to surpass A Link to the Past in that regard... -.-

S

supergoron97

ganondorf and ganon were two of the easiest bosses for me, I took like 10 minutes to beat them both and I didn't die once, although ganon almost killed me

S

Spreeze

Pathetically easy. I had someone show me how to beat him before I fought him, so I beat him in one shot, although I had a little trouble as I sucked at video games back then.

Well, that's the thing. I found the guide here on ZD and looked up how to fight Ganondorf, thinking I would have trouble fighting him on my own. Once I read everything I pretty knew how to fight him... so I think that made it easier. But still. I think with any boss once you figure out how to kill it, it becomes easy.

Well, that's the thing. I found the guide here on ZD and looked up how to fight Ganondorf, thinking I would have trouble fighting him on my own. Once I read everything I pretty knew how to fight him... so I think that made it easier. But still. I think with any boss once you figure out how to kill it, it becomes easy.
I suppose. I don't think that's necessarily true in every case though.

I think bosses should be designed so first you have to figure out how to hurt them, then they're still a challenge because of their design. For Zelda, but also for video games in general.

H

Hero0fTimeLink

When i fought Ganondorf it was really easy,I didnt die and I had no fairys.Fighting Ganon was hard for me because when i fought him the first time i used all my magic up and had to use longshot to hit him but i died.Next time i did the same and almost succed.But the third time i use longshot most of the time then when i got the master sword i used my light arrows though i fought him again the 4th time and finally saw if ganon breaks the rocks magic comes out. x_x

L

Legendary Chaos

My fight with ganondorf sucked! When he got stunned with the lightning ball (ping pong sequence) I would always miss with my light arrows for some reason and then i would have to do it again. I died once during the battle but i had four fairies so i didnt have to start over.:(

I think bosses should be designed so first you have to figure out how to hurt them, then they're still a challenge because of their design.

Sadly, this just isn't the case with the more recent bosses in the Zelda series. OoT's bosses weren't "hard" but they weren't really "easy" either. I think they walked a fine line with OoT, and it worked out great. But WW on the other hand, had super easy bosses, that were very easily figured out and defeated. TP somehow made the bosses even easier, but I think the fun factor was implemented a lot more than in WW. Like most people are saying, video games keep getting easier, and the same goes with the bosses in the games. I'm almost positive that ST will have super easy bosses as well.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
Epic

i gotta say this is the first zelda game i ever played and it got me into the series...

when i finally got to Ganon i was so moved by the game itself... the entire Ganon's Castles was just to climatic for me... especially getting the room where you finally meet him...

i remember getting all anxious after fighting the stalfos on the way to ganon and i remember the sound of the organ piano that ganon plays getting louder and louder as you reach the top... i remember my hands being all sweaty and feeling all nervous because i didnt know how to fight him at first and i was worried cuz i wasnt sure if i had enough fairies or magic before i walked in to the room

i loved how during the cutscene the piano music stops because ganon turn around and yells "give them to me" or something like that.. and immediately following Ganons rage you are thrown right in the middle of the battle and he pound the ground beneath you and you fall to the bottom (at least i did) but you just climb back up and continue to fight.

then when i thought i had killed him he is still trying to win by destroying the castle with you in it out of desperation... I remember my heart was pounding in my chest after he uses as much of the triforce of power as he can to become a monster himself to win... the music, the feel, the scenery, i was so sucked into the game... and even after that "final blow" it still wasn't enough to kill him

...he was sealed away

and i remember thinking how i couldn't believe that i had just finished the most amazing videogame ever created by man kind..

honestly... i was blown away

Immortal_One

Math is power.
The final battles are something that I think they make easier and more straight forward to see through than the other bosses as a nice respite from using your brain to figure out what to do xD

Also, I think they make the final bosses easier to make the battle that much more epic for you, so you don't have to focus on your heart meter as much as you have to focus on Ganon's beast form :P

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I'm new to the fourms so forgive me if I... you know, did something wrong here. :embarressed:

I want to know how your fight went with Gannondorf at the end of the game(Ocarina of Time). When I fought him, I thought he was kinda easy to be the 'King of Evil'. I had 3 bottles filled with fairies just in case, but didn't die once when I fought him. I was shooting light arrows, of course, but then I ran out of magic. Then I dropped down low, smashed the pots, and problem solved. And it's kinda weird because it took me at least 4-5 tries to kill Phantom Gannon in the Forest Temple.>.<

I also want to know how fighting Gannon went for all of you. I died twice fighting him, but luckily had fairies to revive me. (Also, I LOVED the music playing when you fought him. He was my favorite boss)

As far as OoT goes, I can say that the battle with Ganon/dorf was pulled of with perfection. Not only was the first half very reminiscent of older games (floor crumbling, shooting back beams, etc.), but it was very fluid. Ganondorf's body language really expressed how arrogant and self-centered he was. He's shake it off after being shot with a light arrow with a, "HAH!", as if saying, "Bring it."

After beating his human form, he dramatically coughed up blood and let out a wail of defeat so loud that the glass windows shattered. He then fell to his knees, and finally to the floor, and his cape flowed around him. I thought that was incredible. Silently, the princess was released from her crystalline prison, and I totally didn't expect her reaction. She looked over at him solemnly and called him pitiful. It was a portrayal of her seeing that, while he was a villain, he was still human. Very deep.

I absolutely loved running through the castle. Another very symbolic part of the game was that Zelda was saving Link by leading the way to safety. It's not as amazing as brandishing the Master Sword, but it's still an interesting concept. Escaping wasn't difficult, the but the crumbling castle provided an adrenaline rush... or, at least it did in my case. I love how Zelda would gasp with worry if Link was hurt. It was a pretty deep characteristic for a game back then. She cared, she was worried, and she was scared. I would have been, too.

Watching the keep collapse in on itself instead of out and around could symbolize that Ganondorf had been felled by his own greediness. I love that when they thought it was over, Link smiled. I was happy to see that he was finally able to breathe. But no! That was taken away almost immediately when Link and Zelda hear a loud thud. I was petrified. I didn't want to walk back into the ruins. But I did. And then, the battle went from PWN to QWN. Ganondorf burst out of the rubble with a vengeance. His Ganon form was designed wonderfully. He was a pig-beast, but he didn't look silly. He looked... frightful. He then surprised me even more when he knocked the Master Sword away. Stuff I didn't expect to happen just kept happening!

Battling him was awesome. The size difference was awesome. Rolling underneath him was awesome. I loved seeing Zelda use her power. All of it. It was so exhausting for her that she fell to her knees. He was that strong. He was so powerful that 7 sages couldn't kill him. They had to seal him away. And what got me the most was him swearing that he'd destroy their descendents. And I believed it.

The game wasn't that amazing compared to some of the other games, but that Ganon battle was incredible. INCREDIBLE. The cutscenes, the setting, the music, the facial expressions, everything.

S

Spreeze

Zeruda:

Wow. Great points you made. I've never thought of some of those things before.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I thought they were both equal in difficulty, but if I had to choose, I'd say Ganon was more difficult. I was six when I beat the game completely, so the first time I beat it he was probably harder. If I fought him now, he Ganondorf would probably tougher.

Let me say that again though: I was six when I made it. A six year old could beat that game without any help.

But in all seriousness, Ganon was a defintite tougher fighter, until I found out you had to hit his tail, and not barrage his head with light arrows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom