• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Fighting Gannondorf in OoT

S

Spreeze

I'm new to the fourms so forgive me if I... you know, did something wrong here. :embarressed:

I want to know how your fight went with Gannondorf at the end of the game(Ocarina of Time). When I fought him, I thought he was kinda easy to be the 'King of Evil'. I had 3 bottles filled with fairies just in case, but didn't die once when I fought him. I was shooting light arrows, of course, but then I ran out of magic. Then I dropped down low, smashed the pots, and problem solved. And it's kinda weird because it took me at least 4-5 tries to kill Phantom Gannon in the Forest Temple.>.<

I also want to know how fighting Gannon went for all of you. I died twice fighting him, but luckily had fairies to revive me. (Also, I LOVED the music playing when you fought him. He was my favorite boss)

Well, for me the first time I was really puzzled because I won against Phantom Ganon by doing Z targeting + A around two hours, so I was oblivious to the whole Tennis concept. But it was really epic, I remember even my parents stepped in the room to see the final fight once I could figure out what to do.

I enjoyed it through all of it... well, in my first time.

S

Spreeze

took me a long time to finally beat ganondorf and ganon then when I finally beat ganon the game froze on me:mad::cry:

Oh no, lol. Before I got to the room where you fight Gannondorf I saved like 10 times, and then after I beat him I saved again like 10 times. That really stinks it froze on you, hehe!

Last edited by a moderator:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I died a couple of times during my fight with Ganondorf, I rarely keep fairies in bottles (maybe I should have done that at times) and since I never care about collecting a lot of heartpieces I guess it´s not strange that I couldn´t finish him off at my first try. But after I´d beaten Ganondorf the rest went really smooth and proposed no problems whatsoever.

I developed a pretty good strategy for beating him, and that is just to beat him as quick as possible. The main goal is to keep him from shooting those black power orbs that you can't hit back, cause once he starts that it gets much more difficult. So I never really found him to be very difficult. Using the hover boots, Biggoron's Sword, and learning to shoot the light arrows on time, and its a piece of cake.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I found Ganondorf very easy. I simply hit back all of his lightning balls in the mini-volley ball game, and then quickly got him with the arrows, I then rolled off the platform and I jump attacked him with the Biggoron's Sword, then just slashed him.

I repeated this process and then quickly beat him. It is also possible to reflect his attacks with bottles, but I didn't try. :P

Ganon on the other hand...

I found Ganondorf very easy. I simply hit back all of his lightning balls in the mini-volley ball game, and then quickly got him with the arrows, I then rolled off the platform and I jump attacked him with the Biggoron's Sword, then just slashed him.

I repeated this process and then quickly beat him. It is also possible to reflect his attacks with bottles, but I didn't try. :P

I found Ganon to be easier than Ganondorf actually. One thing that most people don't do is role between his legs. As soon as he pulls up to swing at you, you can role between them, turn, and slash his tail w/ the Biggoron's Sword. Then just continue the process whenever you get the Master Sword back.

Once you get really good at it, you will find that the first fight before your actually get the Master Sword back, Ganon isn't as quick to turn around after you slash him once, which gives you the opportunity to stay behind him better for a second hit. If you can get good at doing this, he really becomes one of the easier bosses of the game imo.

M

mixmastameow

I thought that gannondorf was exremely easy:clap:........ but i the hard part was actually battling gannon also while you are battling gannondorf you can pull out 1 of ur empty bottles and when he shoots a ball of energytry to catch something with your empty bottle and it will shoot back the lightning :)

Shnappy

derp
Besides Bongo-Bongo, Gannondorf was probably my favorite boss in OoT. Volleyball fights in Zelda games just seem to be my kind of thing. The fight was also just right in difficulty - it wasn't too hard, while I didn't fall asleep while fighting him.

I actually DID have some trouble beating him down the first time. For one, the absence of Navi pretty much crippled me. I had become far to reliant on Z targeting, so that was a pretty big problem. Number two, I had no idea that you could fall down the gap in the floor and live. I honestly thought it would cost me hearts if I did. Number three, it took me quite a while to figure out I wasn't hurting him when I didn't use the light arrows. I battled him a long time thinking I was hurting him by just hitting his "volley ball" back at him.

So, yeah, I did have problems with him, but unfortunately, I had many more problems with Ganon.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I can't honestly remember if I died or not fighting him, but I do remember having a bit of a tough time with the tennis portion of the battle. I knew what to do, but I would get worn out by him not failing at the send-back, and I would eventually be knocked off my feet by the energy in order to have to start again.

The most memorable part for me though was the lead up to the room he was in. I loved the staircase and the pipe organ music growing louder and louder. It's one of those times I wished I had saved before getting to the room, and not after I was in the room, so I could experience the whole castle prior to the final battle again with all of the monsters in tact.

S

Spreeze

I found Ganon to be easier than Ganondorf actually. One thing that most people don't do is role between his legs. As soon as he pulls up to swing at you, you can role between them, turn, and slash his tail w/ the Biggoron's Sword. Then just continue the process whenever you get the Master Sword back.

Yeah, I just recently found out the rolling-between-the-legs thing. When I fought Ganon I just quickly ran around him, and that's probably why I died a few times. Especially after you get the Master Sword back and he's much quicker.
Oh, and another thing.... this battle (Ganon) was actually the first time EVER that I used my Deku Nuts :xd: To be honest, I never really thought to use them before... and I'm kind of mad I didn't because they could have come in handy.

I had a bit of trouble fighting Ganondorf in his "King of Evil" form the first time, because I really wasn't to great, and there were several instances when, after stunning him, I'd jump wrong, fall, and hurt myself, causing me to waste, and eventually run out of, magic. That and those super-powerful energy blasts that were hard to avoid (you know, when he has to charge up for a while, and flings a ton of light-orbs at you). That is, until I learned that shooting him with a Light Arrow while he is charging up effectively stuns him.

As for Ganon, well, I thought he was actually a bit easier than Ganondorf. It wasn't too hard to avoid his attacks, and then it was just a matter of rolling underneath him, and shooting his tail with an arrow (or, if you have the Biggoron Sword, slashing it), and then repeating with the Master Sword. However, though it wasn't too hard, the atmosphere was perfect; the ruins of the castle, the look of a pre-dawn twilight kind of thing, the epic music. It all made it seem as though if Link failed, the entire world would be doomed (which it probably would be).

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman

That is exactly what I do. It is actually quite simple. The process of rolling through and slashing or pounding with either the Biggoron Sword or Megaton hammer wasn't difficult for some.

ShellShocker said:
When I said this, I meant that Ganondorf was extremely easy, and Ganon was still a little easy, unless of course that is if you are doing some challenges like the 3 heart one. Ganon wasn't hard really, but he could slash you and deal about 4 hearts damage if you are bad a dodging. Fighting Ganon is simple, and the easiest methods for me are to shoot him with light arrows and go in for the kill with the Master Sword/Biggoron Sword, or, if I am out of magic and didn't bother bringing potions, I simply roll under and go in for the attack.

Like Shnappy, I thought Ganondorf was easy because of the whole volley ball/tennis tactic. It was pretty simple and pretty much only involved good timing skills. A good way to practice that is fight Ganondorf/Diabolical Sisters lots; or/and you could get your timing right in the timing minigame in Majora's Mask.

I think the final bosses in Ocarina of Time were actually too weak and simple for the game, but possibly hard to newcomers of the Zelda series. So, as I've stated previously; I found Ganondorf easier than Ganon; if not, the same difficulty of Ganon, but I don't find Ganon to be easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom