• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fierce Diety Technically Cheating?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Too me, I think it is.

The final boss is suppose to be a challange, and using that Mask just doesn't make it feel like you beat the game.

Discussions?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, since FD is technically a REWARD, I wouldn't say that it is cheating. Why? Most people (if you are like me, anyways) have to play through the game over 4 times to get the mask.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Considering the amount of work you do to get that mask, I don't think using it for that one time would qualify as cheating.
I'd be another story if you got it earlier in the game and used it for every other boss, though.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Considering the amount of work leading up to the mask, definatly not. I didn't have the mask when I first had to beat Majora, making it so much more worth it when I pwned him the second time.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Yeah I don't like fighting MM with the Fierce Diety mask because it just makes it entirely too easy. I've done 2 playthroughs where I got all 24 masks. The first time I used the mask in the final fight obviously .. the 2nd time I didn't. I don't necessarily see using it to fight MM as "cheating" since it is a reward for the challenge & all the work you have to do in order to get it, but I do feel like using it is cheating yourself out of a more balanced boss fight, especially considering that there are only 5 boss fights as it is and MM is probably my favorite one of the 5.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I mean, you have to beat Nine Bosses Inluding Ganondorf in OoT.

You had to beat Five Bosses including Majoras Mask in MM. It does make a big of a difference.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Basically adding to what everyone else above has said..

MM is almost defined for it's sidequests and collecting of masks which you can do through out the game. Those masks can be more puzzling to acquire than actually completing the game, some are near impossible to get without the help of a Walkthrough, (or atleast I needed it for one or two.) FDM is the reward for completing the selection of sidequests which you encounter in the game, and even then the small mini-games that the demented children tell you to play in order to acquire said almighty mask, can be quite challenging.

Even after all this, if you do not think the Fierce Deity Mask is a fair prize for the effort you have put into the game, then you don't have to use it?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Obviously Yann. But the game is suppose to be challanging especially towards the last Boss'. You don't need a reward for your hard work, when you arent even done the game in the first place. You should've gotten the FDM AFTER beating Majoras Mask.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Obviously Yann. But the game is suppose to be challanging especially towards the last Boss'. You don't need a reward for your hard work, when you arent even done the game in the first place. You should've gotten the FDM AFTER beating Majoras Mask.

By all means I understand what you mean, but looking at it from another view... Could you really imagine a small 10 year old with the Kokiri Sword killing a supposedly dangerously powerful demon. I think that FDL was meant to be the epic clash between good and evil at the end of the game. Again, if you really wanted the challenge then you didn't have to wear it.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
But, when this game came out, people probably didn't even know about talking to the Four masked children and giving them your masks. Peope most likely thought you'd go straight to the child wearing Majoras Mask, and then go from their. Their obviously is a way defeating Majoras Mask without the FDM. The FDM was a hidden prize, that should have only been given to you AFTER deting Majoras Mask.

A

Aurafox

I personally think it's not cheating, of course, You never really HAVE beaten the game till youve beaten Majora as normal Link. I don't think it's cheating because It's pretty tough to get all the masks in the game. Then, you have get through each little room which can be quite a pain.

I dont think of it as cheating but I dont use it. I agree with you though that its supposed to be a challenge. All I got to say is you worked hard for it then use it. If you dont want to use it you dont have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom