• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fierce Diety Link

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
okay the game is basically the godess of time helping link to defeat majora. SO wouldn't it be possible that FDL is the godesses final assistance. FDL's sword has been called the double helix sword, but turn it 90 degress in any direction and it looks like....THE SIGN FOR INFINITY. infinity is a unending length of TIME maybe it is showing how link will be there to save the day forever, and maybe link really is the steward of the godesses.
maybe Fdl's sword should be the infinity blade

that is all

Kybyrian

Infinity just doesn't stand for time, it can stand for anything number-wise.

And I don't really think so. It's a plausible theory, but I just have doubts.

okay the game is basically the godess of time helping link to defeat majora. SO wouldn't it be possible that FDL is the godesses final assistance. FDL's sword has been called the double helix sword, but turn it 90 degress in any direction and it looks like....THE SIGN FOR INFINITY. infinity is a unending length of TIME maybe it is showing how link will be there to save the day forever, and maybe link really is the steward of the godesses.

that is all

Well Oni Link is actually another word for Demon Link. So I kind of doubt that. Some kind of connection though? Possibly.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Infinity just doesn't stand for time, it can stand for anything number-wise.

And I don't really think so. It's a plausible theory, but I just have doubts.

exactly what I think and his sword is just in that form to resemble power I believe. Also, they made it like that to make it look cool overall. So your threory is kinda good, but it just doesn't make much sense.

Hmm.. Interesting, yes. But I don't think that Oni link and the Goddess of time have any direct connection. However, his sword does look a lot like the sign for infinity, but I do not believe this has to do with Link. Link "stubled upon the land". As far as we can tell, he didn't directly try and find it save it.

Nevertheless, Link did rely on the goddess of time. It was most evidently a major aspect of the game, seeing as Majora's Mask was based on time and its eternal passing.
But in many ways Oni Link and Link have similar stories in the game, such as, Oni was traveling when he came upon a creature that had destroyed the land, and even stopped time. Link finds himself in an unknown land.

But, whatever the case, interesting observation.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
okay the game is basically the godess of time helping link to defeat majora. SO wouldn't it be possible that FDL is the godesses final assistance

I dunno sure about this. Because majora actually gives the mask. and why should the goddess would send a evil mask? either way, majora is the one who is giving the fierce deity mask to you. i didn 't knew before why majora gave a so powerfull mask to link.

well here is a little explanation before the reason:
Fierce Deity 's Mask - Kishin no Kamen (japanese) = meaning demonic god.
Onilink - Oni (japanese) = Demon

Now this is interesting, there is a second meaning in the word "Oni".
When you play tag, then one is "ït". And in japan they use "you are the oni" (so you are it).

But besides that, the theory about the double helix sword is quite interesting.
but then again, you can also come up with other theories about the shape of the sword.

Last edited:
[Now this is interesting, there is a second meaning in the word "Oni".
When you play tag, then one is "ït". And in japan they use "you are the oni" (so you are it).

Indeed, it is very interesting. Touching on the subject of "you are the oni", in Majora's Mask, the child wearing Majora's Mask asks you, "will you play a game with me?". This implies that the Deity Mask is actually an mask for the "game" that Majora wants to play.

In a way, this seems like a implication as to Majora's personallity, but more importantly an representation of the battle of "good" and "evil". But, the Oni mask shows the "grey area" in the fight..
But, that's just my observation.

A

Ando

Kishin no Kamen (japanese) = meaning demonic god.

...'s Mask. Sorry, I'm pedantic. :P
An interesting idea, definitely. Never heard it before... But yeah, the fact that it's a demonic mask basically kills that theory. Then again, we're in Termina, where everything's backwards, so who knows?

infinity is a unending length of TIME maybe it is showing how link will be there to save the day forever, and maybe link really is the steward of the godesses.
Alright, like Ky said, the infinity symbol can represent anything that is infinite in numbers, not just time. Moreover, why would the deity's sword be representing Link's saving the land, but not the deity himself?
I think that the deity is more of an nuetral figure in the scheme of Majora's Mask.

If I were to go back to the manga for reference, it tells of how the deity was a wonderer and ended meeting a demon. This demon's armour was the material from which Majora's Mask was created. The wonderer cast aside the Mask and then traveled on.
However, I think it is somewhat plausible to assume that the goddess of time has divine intervention with Termina.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
...'s Mask. Sorry, I'm pedantic. :P
An interesting idea, definitely. Never heard it before... But yeah, the fact that it's a demonic mask basically kills that theory. Then again, we're in Termina, where everything's backwards, so who knows?

Well actualy its rather a fact then a theory or idea.
In the japanese version its actually called "Kishin no Kamen"
the Kanji for Kishin is: Oni (demon) and Kami (god)
Kamen = Mask

Nintendo of America retranslated it sorta because of the word demon and god. You know how it goes when it comes to words like this, they ban it. -.-

About the double helix sword, i'm not sure if it has any hidden meaning in it.
Maybe they just designed it that way. like i said before you can come up with multiply theories about the shape of the sword.

For example:
Why does it has a shape of a double helix. when i see this shape, first what comes in my mind is DNA. so why DNA? Maybe the attributes of Link and the Mask fused or something?
You know like in balance (sorta like yin yang).

Blue Part is of the fierce deity and the Green part is of link himself.
Doublehelixsword.png

A

Ando

Well actualy its rather a fact then a theory or idea.
In the japanese version its actually called "Kishin no Kamen"
the Kanji for Kishin is: Oni (demon) and Kami (god)
Kamen = Mask

I was actually commenting on the original theory presented in the topic. I wasn't called the Japanese name of the mask a theory. I know that to be fact. :P

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I was actually commenting on the original theory presented in the topic. I wasn't called the Japanese name of the mask a theory. I know that to be fact. :P

yeah i know that, but the reason is why i brought this up is, why would the goddess give a evil mask to link. And that majora 's mask gave the mask to link to play tag.

I also readed the articly about fierce deity link on zeldawiki.
And yeah, those things are also stated there.

I actually learned this when i was 15 or 16. I watched a lot of anime and then when i replayed MM again, i actually knew the meaning, but that was my theory and i didn 't knew it for sure. yes from watching a lot of anime you can learn japanese in a fun way :D.

Anyway, later i also discoverd on zelda wiki that my same toughts were also stated there.
So yeah then i realized its rather a fact then a theory.

I was quite interested about Onilink and especialy the meaning in japanese, thats why i use it as my nickname :D

Btw matt, i didn 't knew that image was from zeldawiki, i just google it quickly as a gif file and this is what popped up. :D didn 't do it on purpose.

I dunno sure about this. Because majora actually gives the mask. and why should the goddess would send a evil mask? either way, majora is the one who is giving the fierce deity mask to you. i didn 't knew before why majora gave a so powerfull mask to link.

well here is a little explanation before the reason:
Fierce Deity 's Mask - Kishin no Kamen (japanese) = meaning demonic god.
Onilink - Oni (japanese) = Demon

Now this is interesting, there is a second meaning in the word "Oni".

But besides that, the theory about the double helix sword is quite interesting.
but then again, you can also come up with other theories about the shape of the sword.
Actually, in Japanese culture, yes, "Oni" refers to the person who's "it," but it actually still comes from the demonic meaning.

The Oni was an ogre creature. In the Japanese version of tag, the kid who is "it" is the "Oni" or ogre, and is playing that part, hence why he/she is chasing the other kids.

Just giving you a little extra information. ;)

As for the Oni Link thing... well, I don't know. I never really thought about it's significance. I never really thought it had any, but I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom