• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fierce Deity Mask.

K

Kele

If the majoras mask posses the wearer, then why it
let the kid at the moon
give fierce deity mask knowing that link would
use its power against majora.

D

Disposable Hero

This question has been brought up multiple times on many different forums, the best answer that anyone could come up with is that Majora wanted to defeat his rival (Fierce Deity) and the protagonist (Link) at the same time as said above... But personally i don't think he thought real hard about this because with the Fierce Deity mask it only takes a couple minutes to take down Majora....

Tak

Game Over
Ah, the classic question.

I personally belive that Majora only gave you the Fierce Deity mask so that it would give him a worthy opponent.
It would be a very unsatisfying battle otherwise.

Majora probably wanted a challenge for the final face-off.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Heh, the hundred dollar question...
What we have to remember is Majora seems to conduct its self in a very child like manner...
So I'd say either Majora wanted to make things fair (it is a game of good guys and bad guys after all, and it's no fun if one side has a major advantage- Majora is all about games, and children often fuss over the 'fairness' of things)...

Or, Majora is just plain insane, (again in a child-like manner) not considering the concequences of its actions :3

Very quickly summarized, I'm getting kicked off computer now :(

zants follower

underling of the dark god
well put mr apple. majora is by far mah fave game and i give it alot of thought and it says that fierce deity is evil but majora calls the game goodguys and badguys. im thinkin that maybe he is calling himself good. i also think that he says that himself. and remember that it was origionally gunna be the adult link mask. and then they had a diff background story where someone that i guess was gunna be fd killed a big ol dragon guy.

N

No_Comment

I think it's because Majora thought: "This mask would look much more awesome on that guy over there (Link)" Majora couldn't be wearing two masks, so he gave the other to Link.

I don't know why he gave him the mask, but the theory about having a worthy opponent is probably the best.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I was thinking that the kid wearing Majora's Mask is not wearing the real mask and is only wearing a copy because of that the mask would not posses him and he would give Link the Fierce Diety Mask.
Or another idea I have is the kid is only starting to become possessed and does not want Majora to take him over.:):eek:carina::deku::goron::zora:

B

bozzssii

I think that all of the kids running around wear masks representing the dungeon. Because he is wearing Majoras "Mask" , meaning that is the boss of the game.
So he gives him the mask to play with it. In witch Link uses to defeat Majora.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
I think it is like in the manga, after all, in the english version of the game he says he wants to play something like cops and robbers (In the manga I found out it was really Tag, and that the person chasing must wear an oni mask) so Majora's mask gave it to Link, Link also destroys Majora's mask at the end of the manga rather than the mask salsman taking it away. So that is the reason behind the mask (going by manga, which is a good enough reason I would say)

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
Majora is an insane spirit that just wants to destroy everything. Maybe more insane than the Happy Mask Salesman. He/she could probably destroy you in an instant (that's what he/she thought, at least). He/she probably wanted to make it fair.

S

Slicendice

Majora wanted to destroy Fierce Diety for good. Majora and Fierce Diety haave fought plenty of times and Fierce Diety would always win. Majora and Fierce Diety were once demigods created by the Four Giants. hey were given the names as Majora and Oni. They were supposed to keep rule in Termina. But they didnt. Oni was ruthless and always angered. The people in Termina called him Fierce Diety. The Giants were angry and turned them iinto masks, sealing there dark powers inside and thir bodies. Once they escaped, they fought and Fierce Diety would always win against Majora. The Untold Legends of Fierce Diety is a game sold in Japan and made Majora's Mask 3 : The Dark King which goes into futher details. They are spin offs since Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda are not mentioned at all. They are both sold in Japan. Legends of Fierce Diety is for Gamecube and Dark King is for Wii.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Slicen'Dice could you keep the fanfiction in it's proper section? The manga and game origin for Majora's Mask both conflict with your story and the Fierce Deity mask has no origin story. Anyway, who knows what the mask kids are? They could be the real essences of the boss masks, their previous wearers, or some sort of a distraction for Link. Either way it seems that Majora deluded itself into thinking that it is the 'good guy' and it wants to fight the 'bad guys,' Link who is stopping it from having fun (i.e. destroying Termina) and what could be assumed is his rival or a former hero who fell to him, the Fierce Deity.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Actually the games exist, SLiceen'dice is right about it, *Shakes heads slowly* what have nintendo done, they have contradicted themselves. I personally belief that it is alright to follow the manga to a certain extent, you see nintendo would have had to go to the person and ask them to make it anyway, the person wouldn't have just made it and therefore by nintendo going and doing that you could say it was their idea and everything and basically is the same as one of the games, its just you don't play it you read it and that is why most people probably don't class it as canon.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
250px-Majora%27sMa.jpglink..jpgFiercedeity_2..jpg
If you can show some proof I will apologize for doubting a couple of games I have never heard other fans complain about not being translated. All that I could find is a couple of pages on a Nintendo Fanon wikia . The "sequel" has a horrendous picture of the "box art" to the game which I could look past if the supposed developer got even one hit on Google, since there have been games with terrible box art or lack thereof. Then on the "third" Majora's Mask game the only photo is a SSBB picture altered and placed in the foreground of an Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion screenshot which even ignores Fierce Deity Link's inability to carry a shield. I assume these were jokes of some kind or aborted fan games. Sorry for going off topic everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom