• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Fi VS Navi VS Tael

Fi VS Navi Vs Tael

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tael

• Fi

• Don't Like any of Them

• Total voters
Fi: The very "accurate" companion who gives you exact measures of you and your surroundings.
Navi: The annoying brat-like fairy who sadly accompanies you thru your adventure yelling at you
Tatl: A bit like Navi, but more useful.
So who do you like the most? :fairy:

I like Tatl because she has more personality than the other companions and is more useful.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
My only question is....Why no Midna? :(

But this question applys to the 3 you mentioned, so I would have to say Tatl! Bothe Navi and Fi seemed like a burden rather than actually helping Link. Both companions were used rather as a tutorial or a guide to point out the obvious, it seemed like Nintendo used the companions as a cheap way of guiding new or inexperienced players through the game!

Both Navi and Fi barely contributed to the story and even though Fi did have a big role in Skyward Sword I felt no empathy for her in the final cutscene...Even though Tatl wasn't perfect I liked the way she started out as not liking Link and towards the end her and Link had a close relationship, much like Midna and Links relationship evolved throughout the events of Twilight Princess.

Deeds

no text
Tael didn't really stand out very much for me. Fi never really connected with Link at all, until the end of SS - that part was really good. Navi is just classic and has the coolest name, so I'm going to have to go with Navi. Got no idea why so many people moan about Navi.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never felt that any of the three companions were all too useful for a first time player. Navi only gave us a general direction on where to go; Tatl really didn't help us at all (she even criticized us for not knowing how to handle a few situations!); and Fi just stated the obvious -- what we knew at least a minute beforehand -- over and over again.

Navi didn't pop out where she was unneeded. Tatl didn't either. Fi? Literally every other five minutes from what i recall. She's just...ugh.

So I guess it comes to aesthetic appeal for me. Navi and Tatl are very simple, glowing orbs and that's all that encompasses their design. Fi is much more complicated; she is an effeminate (?), blue lady with a nice pair of legs draped in what appears to be lingerie, has a blue diamond in the middle of her chest, and a blue/purple...dress thing. I think Fi wins in the design deparment. But also part of aesthetics is sound; I personally did not enjoy Navi's "HEY LOOK LISTEN WATCH OUT", nor Fi's silly robotic gibberish voice (a nod at Midna's silly...whatever that is called gibberish voice). Tatl wins in sound because she's simple yet not intrusive to my experience.

Tatl wins overall.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Fi > Navi > Tael > Tatl.

I like Fi the most mainly for her character. You can clearly see her character development throughout Skyward Sword. In the beginning, she only wants to get the task done, but by the end she expresses immense gratitude towards Link. A lifeless spirit turned into a joyful being, and her departure brought me to tears. Navi was an interesting partner, and I most certainly didn't find her annoying like the rest of the world does. I prefer Tael over Tatl mainly for the looks, as I really didn't care for the duo too much.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I've never played Skyward Sword but I think for me it goes

Tatl
Tetras Rock
Fi (because of a youtube video I saw about Fi annoying link)
Midna
Navi

I didn't hate any of them but Navi was my source of help before the internet and she was bad at it, nowadays I don't use their help I use google which is infinitly better than all 5, however I like to mess around with Midna to make her talk about how she put ketchup on stuff that is not food and then ate it, and I like tatl because of her relationship with link. Tetras Rock was just less annoying, almost never said anything.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Navi is my best companion I had. I also like Midna and Fi as a companion also, but I really enjoyed Navi my best companion. Tatl is somewhat nice and helpful.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Yeah I'm also going out on a limb and assuming you meant Tatl as well. In that case, yes Tatl is the best of the three. I have absolutely no issues with Navi at all, but Tatl definitely had more personality in my opinion. You start out hating her because she's in league with Skull Kid, but by the end you really start to care for her.

Navi serves her purpose. She gives information and tells you were you are suppose to go. While she really doesn't have much personality or dialogue after the first couple of minutes, she is still a great companion. I personally just like characters that actually have more personality. I never found Navi to be annoying and the only reason that I ever say she is, is because it is sort of a Zelda stereotype to ***** about her annoyance. It's fun to make jokes about her, but in reality she's perfectly fine.

Fi on the other hand is annoying as hell. She gave me information that I already knew (like go forward), sounds like an autotune (well not as much in my second playthrough), feels the need to tell you that your hearts are low by beeping over the already present beep, and has absolutely no character development except for some forced lines at the very end of the game. Yes I know people will always argue that she isn't suppose to have character development and if so then I'll say that even if she is suppose to be a robot with no emotions, I prefer every other companion to her.

I am curious as to why you limited it between only these three though. It seems kind of random to just pick these three. I mean if you were going for all fairies, then why did you leave out Ciela from Phantom Hourglass and include Fi who isn't a fairy, but rather a spirit (which I guess could be the same thing depending on how you look at it.) Maybe these are just your three favorite companions, but if so, then I'm sad. Why no Midna, KoRL/Tetra, Zelda (who is also a spirit/fairy...sort of), or Ezlo? But especially Midna....seriously why you no love Midna?

I've probably written why I love Midna enough times, so I'll just shorten it to say.....Midna had the best character development and I personally enjoyed her the most out of all the companions. Midna is the best and could only have been improved if she gave information on enemies in the way Navi/Tatl did it where it was short and sweet as opposed to how Fi did it which was hard and long (o_O <--phrasing?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom