• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Fi Could Return, but When?

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
[Note that if you haven't played and beaten The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, then please, leave this thread.]

Okay, so, in the end of SS, Fi says that she will rest in the Master Sword, in a "Sleep without end." But she then says "May we meet again in another life..." Which tells us two things, She is in the master sword, and She would prefer to meet Another incarnation of link.
But that also raises a bell, Why go into an internal sleep if you'd like to "meet again in another life?" What if she lied?
I know, I know, now your raging, throwing your chair at your computer screen because your like "WHY DEHAIL WOULD SHE DO THAT? BLAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Well, now that you broke your screen, you'll never let me explain.
Y'got a new screen? Great.
Her lying about that would diminish any urge for Link to pull the Master Sword out, and see her again, as he would think she's in an eternal sleep.
But then, where was she in the rest of the games? Maybe she didn't lie? Maybe she's just waiting for the right Link, which brings us to when she could return.
Every Link up to date had basically got their partner BEFORE the Master Sword. She would be of no use, and would stay hidden, as there would be no need for her to appear. So, the next time we could see her, would be when we get the Master Sword before a partner. So, we don't know an exact time, but we'll figure out when while playing new Zelda games and can grab the Master Sword, while having no partner beside us, giving her a meaning to help Link once again.

Oyeh, btw, don't blame me for your broken screen, it wasn't my fault you interrupted your reading of this text and threw a chair at your screen. But I take full responsibility for the chair, don't worry.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Hrm. The idea of Fi and Link departing, but with the hope of meeting again... Is it a coincidence that "When Can I See You Again?" was playing as I read this thread?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Lying seems really out of Fi's character. She has no reason other than manipulation, but the past has shown that when she manipulates Link, she tells him before hand. Fi's job was to tell Link everything he wanted to know. Having her lie seems really left field (just like having her say a heartfelt goodbye, NINTENDO!)

If Fi were waiting for the right Link to reappear, it wouldn't be due to lack of partner. ALttP Link never received a partner. Most consider Zelda his partner in this game, but that is because she is the only one helping him at a somewhat consistent pace (similar to how Sheik helps Link in OoT). Thus, Fi had no reason not to appear in front of ALttP Link when he pulled the sword.

Someone's been watching too much of that Youtube stuff. Anywho, if we used our imagination—which apparently isn't easy for many, unsurprisingly enough—you could say that Fi has made frequent appearances throughout the series, albeit metaphysically. Said appearances can be assumed to happened every time the Master Sword glows brightly upon being drawn from the pedestal or upon facing or sealing Ganon(dorf). Though she is said to be asleep, there's nothing that states that no traces of residual (holy/spiritual/force?) energy still resonates from her. In essence, it's safe to say that she appears in any game that the MS appears in, as she has "become one with the sword."

If she were to make, or has ever made, a legitimate, physical return, however, I'd place my bets on the Queen of Fairies from The Wind Waker—I don't care what anyone says; I still find her uncanny resemblance to Fi suspect.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Really cool theory. I like it. But what about A Link to the Past? Or The Original? Or A Link Between Worlds? Those games don't really have companions, but they do have helpful people.

Still, though, awesome theory. Damn it! Someone get that man a slice of Ukraine!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I understood her goodbye as to mean she would meet another incarnation of Link AS the Master Sword. Not consciously or she literally talks to this Link, but is there, by his side in the sword.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
To be honest, I'd prefer Fi to Midna. Also, bear in mind the original LoZ ultimate sword, which is also stated to be used in Zelda 2, is called the "Magical Sword". Phonetically Similar name, but still different. Plus you find it in a random cave whereas the MS has consistantly been found in "The Pedestal of Time", which was originally in the Temple of Time before it rotted/eroded away, the fact that it is intact and the Temple is not may have some significance. One thing that's been floating around is a theory that the Pedestal is made of timestones since to go back in time Link strikes it, but the temple was not. I'm not standing by it, but I thought it could be possible, just not enough evidence in my mind to support.

In a manner of speaking, every Link that has wielded the Master Sword has met her. That aside, I fully expect she has the ability to re-emerge, she just hasn't had the need to or is waiting for a specific event.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Gotta ask this does no one else think Fi withered away eventually? If we look at Wind Waker the Blade loses it's power and requires two new sages to restore the power. Hell it isn't even the first time Laruto and Fado did this duty in times before which leads me to think Fi withered away just before the second return of Ganon, just before the Flooding of Hyrule. Which is likely how he got free from the Sacred Realm since the Master Sword (OOT) was the key to the Realm.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Gotta ask this does no one else think Fi withered away eventually? If we look at Wind Waker the Blade loses it's power and requires two new sages to restore the power. Hell it isn't even the first time Laruto and Fado did this duty in times before which leads me to think Fi withered away just before the second return of Ganon, just before the Flooding of Hyrule. Which is likely how he got free from the Sacred Realm since the Master Sword (OOT) was the key to the Realm.

The blade's power isn't given to it by Fi. The sword didn't have any power at the beginning of Skyward Sword and the Sacred Flames gave it the power to vanquish evil. It is this power that most likely was lost and required the sages to return and maintain the sword's power.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
The blade's power isn't given to it by Fi. The sword didn't have any power at the beginning of Skyward Sword and the Sacred Flames gave it the power to vanquish evil. It is this power that most likely was lost and required the sages to return and maintain the sword's power.

It had some power (The Skyward Strike), but it was very very elementary and could likely be replicated by an average Joe with enough magic. And I like how no one bothers to remember Hylia's Blessing that was given to the Master Sword before the quest for the song of the hero. I believe that's what shifted it from powerful to outright divine/evil vanquishing. In fact, the Master Sword prior to Hylia's blessing looks strikingly similar to the WW blade without power- perhaps the prayers are for Hylia's continued favor. While the Flames did increase it's power to tremendous levels, actually repelling evil I don't believe the Flames did but rather Hylia's blessing. Otherwise I don't think it would be necissary in the first place. Also worthy of note is that the Din's Flame MS lacked the Triforce insignia on the blade, wheras the "True" MS added it.

While she may be annoying, Fi at no point ever intended to use you and sell you down the ****ing river. God, I really don't like Midna, at least how she acts until around Dungeon 4. At all. And I can still taste the bitterness of that venom.

Actually, the more I think about it, it would be interesting if they went all the way with the "Untrustworthy Helper" and pulled a (Spoiler) Bravely Default by having the helper turn out to actually be the antagonist.

Last edited:

kingoron

The Earth Shaker
okey im just gonna leave this here it's really very simple remember to part at the end of the game in where Demise says a reincarnation of him is gonna come haunt link and zelda forever well if you think about it even if demise was defeated it didnt mean his curse should had been weak enough to just spawn ganandorf like seriously the only reason we beat demise was because he was just unsealed he was someone even a godess had problems with thanks to last zelda games we know that magic casted at the brink of death by consuming all your power are more powerful than normal but at the end ganandorf never really grew that strong at least his actual fighting prowess could be call mediocree so i think it was an eternal sleep but it was to use the excess energy to keep part of Demise curse locked down that is also the reason why we dont posess the skyward strike that is a move that we could only do with fi yea we have similar moves but they are not the same fi wants to meet link but he needs to protect him first most so he sealed Demise curse inside herself with would not only be awesome but it gives us the possibility of another game with demise and fi and from my point of view makes sense

pd.sry for awful grammar i did this on my phone while not having much time plus english is not my main languague but even then i feel this is really bad english

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom