• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Few Questions About First 6 Zeldas

So you don't agree that MC, FS, and FSA are sequels right behind the other and if put after SS, it would defeat the purpose of SS foreshadowing OoT because the Vaati Saga is 2+ generations and that Ganon is in pig form permanently but in OoT he is not?

The Minish Cap takes place long before Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures. If the Palace of the Four Sword (the bonus dungeon featured in the Game Boy Advance port of A Link to the Past) is interpreted as canon, then The Minish Cap also takes place some time before A Link to the Past.

Four Swords Adventures takes place "years" (according to the back of the English box) after Four Swords.

Four Swords was stated by Eiji Aonuma in 2004 to be the "oldest tale" in the Legend of Zelda series. However, this has become a minority view among theorists, due to Four Swords Adventures appearing to contain the same Link as a direct sequel to Four Swords. As Four Swords Adventures is almost universally believed to take place around the time of A Link to the Past (generally as a prequel), this would mean that Four Swords does not occur before Ocarina of Time.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
No I don't agree that FS comes right after MC. In fact I think it's not possible for it to be so. If it's so "long before," it would be really wierd if there was no game in between. And the Ganon thing can be explained if FS/FSA is placed after OoT (specifically after the WW saga with a new Ganon) in which case Ganon would be a pig and everything would be good and dandy.

Well:

-Vaati Saga, they wouldn't interrupt the saga for something that didn't have anything to do with it

-For a game to come between them, that game must have an intro reference toward MC and an ending sequence that leads toward FS. And FS must have an intro sequence that links to that game.

-Made by Capcom and they said they were making an origin to Vaati

-The story itself. Nobody can deny that.

-Most of the Zelda games were a long before...100 years in between usually

-If minish cap came before SS, SS would have mentioned it in it's intro

-Can't introduce a new Ganon without it saying how this ganon came about in correlation to the old one.

How can there be multiple Ganons in the same timeline when he always finds ways to resurrect himself? In order for one to say that it can happen, 1st Ganon must completely die off, and 2nd Ganon has to have an origin and something linking him to the first. Take notice I've been giving you facts of things, stories or things, reasonings of things, interpretations of things, and been looking stuff up most of the day but you've been giving me opinions with nothing behind them but hopes and dreams :P. Gotta solidify your statements homie g-slice ^_^.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
That's exactly what I'm saying about Ganon. He dies after WW by having a sword thrust into his head, turned into stone, and drowned. I don't think he's escaping from that. Then, another Ganondorf (also from the Gerudo, who come back during PH, right?) explores the sacred pyramid and finds the entrance to the sacred realm (right? for FS(A)). FS/FSA happens. Then, this Ganon gets sealed in the sacred realm and ALttP happens. Then this Ganon dies. (I guess you do need three). Then another Ganon (or just Ganon taking over someone else) arises and LoZ/AoL happens.

The way for this to work is for SS- MC- OoT to be true. I'm going to ask you a question. If we completely ignored the hat. Completely. Don't you think this could logically make sense?

.................WW/PH---ST---FS/FSA---ALttP/LA---LoZ/AoL
.................|
SS---MC---OoT/MM---TP

OoX?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Games containing Ganon, the Master Sword, or the Triforce, can't go on the adult timeline. Even discounting Ganon from that depending on subscriptions to the multi-Ganon theory, the Master Sword and the Triforce are lost to Old Hyrule. ST takes place on a new Hyrule, without a great deal of Old Hyrule's legacies and landmarks.

Minish Cap also leads into FS/FSA, which would take place on the same Hyrule due to the seals in place. It makes more sense to put them together, as intended.

Then, another Ganondorf (also from the Gerudo, who come back during PH, right?)

The way for this to work is for SS- MC- OoT to be true. I'm going to ask you a question. If we completely ignored the hat. Completely. Don't you think this could logically make sense?

That would be FSA. He was in the intro of PH with the narrator recollecting the previous adventure which was WW.

You have a huge gap between MC and FS(A). That's not gonna work hat or no hat. Also, yes, what Satsy says.

Originally Posted by MikauIncarnate

.................WW/PH---ST---FS/FSA---ALttP/LA---LoZ/AoL
.................|
SS---MC---OoT/MM---TP

OoX?

If we just focus on the FSS does it seems to me like this timeline needs to explain two things:
1) How the Four Sword got from Old Hyrule to New Hyrule and
2) how TMC can take place in Old Hyrule while FS/FSA takes place in New Hyrule, when the FS back story says that both take place in Hyrule (and if I'm not mistaken does the name "Hyrule" not appear as a name for the land in ST, just in Zelda's title and similar). It would also be very strange if the same source talked about two different "Hyrules" without separating them.

Long ago, in the kingdom of Hyrule, there appeared a Wind Sorcerer named Vaati. Vaati could bend the wind to his will and used this awful power to terrorize many villages of Hyrule. In his assaults on the villages, Vaati would kidnap any beautiful girls who caught his fancy. (...) The people did not believe the story, but they called it the Four Sword nonetheless. As rumors of the blade's power to divide a person into four entities spread, the people built a shrine to protect it. Princess Zelda of the land of Hyrule was a beautiful young girl born with mysterious power to sense approaching forces of evil. For this reason, she was assigned with the sacred duty of protecting the shrine of the Four Sword and the blade itself. One day, Zelda was in Hyrule Castle when she sensed that something unusual was occurring at the Four Sword Shrine. She asked a boy named Link, whom she trusted above anyone else, to accompany her to investigate the happenings at the shrine...

/Blue Window

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom