• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Few Questions About First 6 Zeldas

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Shinra: Problem is you're assuming that Ganon was sealed on the CT. He wasn't. And it's never stated that he was. He was sealed on the adult timeline, but that's 7 years off in an alternate future. Zelda peering through the glass would be a stronger indication that Link went back further than when the Master Sword was first pulled. Went back to before the collection of the stones.

Back before Zelda gives child Link the OoT. Heck, the fact that she's in the garden is a mighty strong indication of that, if you remember how Link was 'given' the Ocarina in the first place.

TP, last I checked, also indicates that Ganondorf's plans to get into the Sacred Realm were stopped early. That says to me that yes, Link explained everything. This doesn't mean Zelda, the King, or anyone else in the past suddenly had their memories of the future. That's still 2 separate issues since time, at that point, was diverged into 2 separate paths. One where the future happens, and one where the future does not.

I am curious where you got the idea that everyone's memories between time were interchangeable depending on how the one person travels time. The past affects the future, being how time flows, but why would you have thought the future would have such an affect on the past that everyone remembers what, in effect, didn't happen (and on the CT won't happen now)? The only reason anyone in the past was ever affected by the future was because Link would change the past to reflect that future, based on what he knows of it. This makes sense since he's the only one who is travelling through time. Part of the reason, I imagine, that he got the Hero of Time title.

His whole existence was sealed. Meaning his whole essence/being throughout the whole time that he was alive in this game. If it wasn't, then at the end of the game, you would have to redo everything all over again and it would be an endless cycle. It would also not allow MM because Link would not have time for MM if OoT would keep repeating itself over and over.

Also, your last paragraph was already answered. 1st paragraph was too.

I just don't understand this... If Zelda tried telling her father before that Ganondorf was a bad man and he didn't listen, why did he believe her now? Because some random boy from the woods said so? I never understood why it worked that way. But like I said, there's many things involved in time travel that are complicated enough already and when you add magic, gods, and divine items into the mix it's all the worse. Of course, the age old standing still goes and it's one I work with very much when referring to things like this that just don't add up in one way or another, and that is that it's magic. Anything is possible with it and in OoT it's the same case, while there is some bit of actual logical reasoning in it, it can only go so far before one simply has to say magic.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
His whole existence was sealed. Meaning his whole essence/being throughout the whole time that he was alive in this game. If it wasn't, then at the end of the game, you would have to redo everything all over again and it would be an endless cycle.

His whole existence wasn't sealed. Again, where did you get that idea?

You don't seem to have considered that the only way Ganondorf could enter the Sacred Realm would be for him to collect the Sacred stones. You might also remember he was having trouble doing this, which is why he waited for Link to do it for him. Link would have to be pretty thick to go about collecting them again to protect the Sacred Realm on Zelda's orders.

Which brings us again to Twilight Princess. The game that explains what happened when Ganondorf did try after OoT had already taken place. He was stopped and put up for execution by the King. Then the divine prank happens, and things go the way they do.

If you're thinking, however, that Link was sent back the final time to after he'd already opened the Sacred Realm... that would be pretty stupid don't you think? Why would anyone finish things off by still allowing Ganondorf access to the Realm and the Triforce? It would be a daft idea to say the least. As future Zelda, a holder of the Triforce of Wisdom (which you have been very sure to point out a few times now), do you really think she'd be so dense as to do something like that?...

Also, your last paragraph was already answered. 1st paragraph was too.

Myeah my first paragraph wasn't a question. Ganondorf was not sealed on the child timeline in OoT. If that were the case they would have made a bigger deal about it in-game. They didn't. So didn't happen. His entire existence wasn't sealed, because that doesn't even make any sense. If that were the case TP couldn't happen, especially not the way it describes.

And my last paragraph question still stands. I'm hoping for examples that would help bolster the ideas you're using. Just because there aren't 2 Ganondorfs in OoT doesn't mean the one in the past knows everything about his future self (until he gets there). That aside once time has been closed off again, that's when there are 2 of everyone, because their futures go in different directions.

If there were two of everyone, then you would have seen them in game. can't create two timelines from fastforwarding and rewinding time. that can only happen if a person was taken out of their time and placed in another. this is not the type of time travel in OoT.

And like I said before, if Ganon wasn't sealed in the child timeline too, that would mean OoT would repeat itself over and over and there would be no Majora's Mask.

The futures do not go in different directions. Once you go back in the past, the future is destroyed. Whatever you do in the past (present) will rebuild what is yet to come.

Last edited:

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
The futures do not go in different directions. Once you go back in the past, the future is destroyed. Whatever you do in the past (present) will rebuild what was yet to come.
But that is exactly what happened. The future did go off on its own tangent to end up with TWW, while the past moved foreward with MM and TP. This has been made official by the creators of the game. If you want a simple answer as to how, Triforce.

A future cannot progress without a corresponding past. It is impossible for both to veer off into opposite directions. And without one affecting the other no doubt.

Post where the makers specifically said from their mouths that Future OoT creates WW...

Last edited:

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
A future cannot progress without a corresponding past. It is impossible for both to veer off into opposite directions. And without one affecting the other no doubt.
That's in reality. This is Zelda we're talking about, with an all powerful symbol that can grant any wish asked of it, an ocarina that can speed up and slow down time, flying islands and castles, and spirits comprised solely by light. Anything is possible.

Like I've been saying... This discussion has reached that point where the only way any of it will make sense is by basing it on magic. Logic has done all it can here.

When a concept is born from non-realistic ordeals, it becomes just personal preference and what a person would like to happen. Unrelated spin-off, Split timeline, generational timeline; it can't be ALL. Magic is one thing. But the makers or any producers of an media cannot destroy the establishment of physics or it would destroy all logic and would render the entertainment industry useless.

Post where the makers specifically said from their mouths that Future OoT creates WW...

Last edited:

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
When a concept is born from non-realistic ordeals, it becomes just personal preference and what a person would like to happen. Unrelated spin-off, Split timeline, generational timeline; it can't be ALL. Magic is one thing. But the makers or any producers of an media cannot destroy the establishment of physics or it would destroy all logic and would render the entertainment industry useless.

I can't do that, but I can post where Aunoma confirms a split timeline:

"The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power..."

http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1173582355&archive=&start_from=&ucat=19&

And yes, a future can progress without a corresponding past. The future isn't destroyed in OoT, it continues, simply unlinked to the rest of the OoT world. That's the basis of alternate timelines, both in Zelda and just in general. If you're interested go read more.

If there is even a hair width of chance that a future can proceed without a past (even though that's like saying a grown man can come before him being a baby), then that would defeat the purpose of the directors saying that they are working to bring all the titles together because of the fact that an alternate timeline will never be able to co-exist with the other timeline. So what would be the purpose of them making 'alternate universes' considering the 'alternate stories' would never be able to come together?

also in this quote here:"In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction." - that would mean that zelda must have still known what had happened in the future. And what could have really happened differently as to why someone would believe her in the beginning about Ganon? If it was that easy, why wouldn't she have been believed before (during ocarina of time).

Not to meantion, the wiki says that OoT ending, Link warns the princess of Ganon in the ending. But she already knew that something was gonna go down the very first time they met in OoT in before Link knew. That was the whole point of Link doing the quest.

And then, Ganon kidnapped the princess and ransacked the palace in OoT. What's the king gonna do any differently to rid Ganon before he does it again. I'm sure the king did find out during Ocarina of Time, and yet Ganon still captured the princess. If the king didn't know, then why did Ganon flee the palace area while holding her? More than likey, Ganon knows that he has the triforce of power anyways, in which in the flashback, he immediately used it again when he was stabbed. So how did he even get captured :P

And then, why on earth would they keep prisoners in almost the same exact area where Ganon is from? Now if anything doesn't make sense, this sure doesn't.

On top of that, the sages that tried to execute him wore the same emblems as the emblems that the sages on OoT held. And that was supposed to be several years in the same back to back timeline as OoT. So why in the heck do the sages not look like Saria, Ruto, Darunia, etc? They look like generic ppl. There are supposed to be the same sages. I'm sure they just don't go out of 'office' that quickly.

And another quote: "The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember?" - Not once did he say that it was in the 'adult timeline'. Parallel just means alternate. Much like the Ultimate series in marvel comic books. He even emphasizes that 'he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember?'. And the question asked for him to say this was "When did Wind Waker take place."

And for a random question: In Zelda II, is the wizard shown in the instruction guide, or the one that makes dark Link, supposed to be Agahnim (even though Agahnim is Ganon)?

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Sorry about this super-long post... I can't check the forum as frequently as I'd like nowadays >.<

The fact that Link remembers everything as a child that he encountered as an adult. If what you say is true and he reverts back to a time where things are the same, he would have forgotten everything that's happened as an adult, including warp songs and the like, but he doesn't, which leads me to believe that he doesn't just revert back to when he was a child.
As Satsy said, Link is the only one time-travelling. The nature of MS-Time Travel allows his consciousness to pass back-and-forth through time.

I never said the boots disappear from the timeline, they would just be in a point in time that hasn't come yet. I'm saying that since they're on him as a kid when he's sealed, that there is only one pair of boots and that his body acts as a time machine in that everything on his body is sealed with him. When he puts the Master Sword back in the pedestal he's resealed and the seven years go back, but he still has no boots so no boots go back with him when he travels back, leaving him barefoot when he awakens as a child.
At the point in time when he draws the MS as a child, he's wearing the boots. He returns to that point in time, therefore still wearing the boots. It's stated in-game that Link was sealed for seven years while his body matured. So the only time-travel involved is his consciousness, which doesn't affect his boots at all. His body, the boots, and everything else except his consciousness, are still continuous along the (fourth dimension/time axis).

As far as proof goes... There's no proof of any of this, including your time theory, including anyone's theory, it's ALL speculation and this is just the way that I see it happening in the way that makes sense to me. Of course with time there's any number of things that don't make sense or add up even without throwing magic in.
I wasn't asking for proof of your entire concept of time-travel, only for Zelda knowing anything about the future, which, as Satsy said, isn't suggested in the slightest.

Since there is no 2 Zeldas in the Future, 2 Zeldas in the past, 2 Links in the future, 2 Links in the Past, 2 Ganons in the future, or 2 Ganons in the past, that would be proof that every one has, does, or is affected by a fast forwarding or rewinding time travel. Not a take out of place and replace time travel. Zelda would know everything that just happened just like Link would.
Look at the characters in the game. There was no time fast-forwarding or rewinding involved. Zelda lived out seven years as a Sheikah, for example. However, it was also stated that Link wasn't "take[n] out of place and replace[d]", but was sealed for seven years.

Link would know, Ganon would know, and Zelda would know. Ganon would know because he has been sealed throughout all existense in this game at the end and he still has his innate triforce. He could be eating a sandwich in the present and Link seals his existence in the future; he'll know why suddenly his body in the present is now surrounded by white. Triforce of Power could contain anything to allow him to know whatever as well. Zelda would know because of her powers, WISDOM triforce (this has to account for something),
I have to call Occam's razor... you're attributing things to the Triforce pieces simply to suit your theory, not to conform to evidence.

and the ocarina. Ocarina had to get back to her while young at some point for us to assume that she gave it back to Link in the beginning of MM.
She already had the ocarina at that point. Otherwise, how could she have given it to Link toward the beginning of the game in the first place?

It was indicated at the ending that she knows everything. She was staring at Ganon through the window when you first met her. She wouldn't be staring at Ganon now because he is sealed and wouldn't be there. Link went back in the end of the game to see her to:

(a) friendly celebration
(b) to ask for the ocarina to look for navi
(c) to tell her everything that went down

So even if she really doesn't know, I'm sure Link would have told her during that time. So either way, she knows.
Ganon wasn't sealed in the past, he's still in the castle appealing to the King. Yes, she would know everything after Link tells her.

One simply can't ignore the fact that she holds the triforce of wisdom now, and surely that does have to account for something. As does Ganondorf having the triforce of power and Link for Courage. They all have a piece of the Triforce which would explain why they retain their memories somewhat,
Yes, Link has the ToC. The other two pieces, however, are not shown. I will agree with the assumption that Zelda and Ganondorf got their pieces somehow (I have my own theories for how), but as I said earlier in this post, you're attributing too much to them.

Link had the Master Sword which let him retain his memories as well. The point of it all is that if what is said about Link just going back a time before is true and that he is the exact same way he was before he pulled the Master Sword out then that would mean his memories would be the same too. Why would it affect just the physical world when he's transferred back and not him when everyone says he's reverted back to an original state, to me that would mean memory included.
To rephrase your argument...
1. If Link goes back to a time exactly how it was in the past, then he would not retain his memories.
2. Link had the Master Sword which let him retain his memories.
3. Therefore, Link does not go back to a time exactly how it was in the past.
(I rearranged the propositions to conform to modus tollens.) While that is a valid argument, I am challenging proposition one. In fact, I'm using proposition two to challenge it.

1. The MS allows him to retain his memories.
2. Link has the MS
3. Therefore, he retains his memories.
My conclusion is independent of the state of the time he returned to, so I believe that your proposition 1 isn't sufficiently supported.

I just don't understand this... If Zelda tried telling her father before that Ganondorf was a bad man and he didn't listen, why did he believe her now? Because some random boy from the woods said so? I never understood why it worked that way.
The thing that changed was Link telling Zelda that opening the DoT would be a bad idea. From there, it doesn't matter how the sages end up deciding that Ganondorf would do "something outrageous".

If there were two of everyone, then you would have seen them in game. can't create two timelines from fastforwarding and rewinding time. that can only happen if a person was taken out of their time and placed in another. this is not the type of time travel in OoT.
That is exactly the type of travel in OoT, at the end. Well, something similar. The road between times was closed. Zelda, the leader of the Sages, played Zelda's Lullaby on the Ocarina of Time. Going by other evidence (the two endings, WW and TP, dev quotes), one or both of those separated the new past that Link returned to from the original timeline so that he can create a new future. By "2 of everyone", Satsy meant one in each timeline, so you wouldn't see them both because the timelines are shut off from each other.

And like I said before, if Ganon wasn't sealed in the child timeline too, that would mean OoT would repeat itself over and over and there would be no Majora's Mask.
TP's backstory explains that Ganondorf was sealed in the TR instead.

The futures do not go in different directions. Once you go back in the past, the future is destroyed. Whatever you do in the past (present) will rebuild what is yet to come.
In the case of the normal MS-travel: The future is not destroyed. Things you did in the future remain done even after going back and forth through time again.
In the case of Zelda's travel at the end: The future is not destroyed. WW happens.

Both timelines have a past. It's the same past, up until the point at which outside knowledge interferes with the natural order of events, resulting in a new future. So yes, one does affect the other, and that's how they're able to diverge.

Question: Where does The Wind Walker fit into the overall Zelda series timeline?

Eiji Aonuma: You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well.

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, wait, which point does the hundred years start from?

Eiji Aonuma: From the end.

Shigeru Miyamoto: No, I mean, as a child or as a...

Eiji Aonuma: Oh, right, let me elaborate on that. Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina.

Shigeru Miyamoto: This is pretty confusing for us, too. (laughs) So be careful.
(link)

also in this quote here:"In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction." - that would mean that zelda must have still known what had happened in the future. And what could have really happened differently as to why someone would believe her in the beginning about Ganon? If it was that easy, why wouldn't she have been believed before (during ocarina of time).
How does that suggest that Zelda knows about the future? To me it shows that she doesn't, because Link is telling her about it. If she did know, then Link telling her wouldn't change anything. I explained the thing about people believing her about Ganon earlier in this post. To recap, that doesn't matter. What matters is that she doesn't send Link off to gather the stones and open the DoT just for Ganon to take the ToX.

Not to meantion, the wiki says that OoT ending, Link warns the princess of Ganon in the ending. But she already knew that something was gonna go down the very first time they met in OoT in before Link knew. That was the whole point of Link doing the quest.
Again, she knew that Ganondorf would go for the ToX, so she wanted Link to get it first. Link told her this is a bad idea.

On top of that, the sages that tried to execute him wore the same emblems as the emblems that the sages on OoT held. And that was supposed to be several years in the same back to back timeline as OoT. So why in the heck do the sages not look like Saria, Ruto, Darunia, etc? They look like generic ppl. There are supposed to be the same sages. I'm sure they just don't go out of 'office' that quickly.
Saria, Ruto, Darunia, etc. weren't awakened on the CT. The Sages in TP are different ones. I'll leave the debate over whether they were awakened before or after OoT out of this.

And another quote: "The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember?" - Not once did he say that it was in the 'adult timeline'. Parallel just means alternate. Much like the Ultimate series in marvel comic books. He even emphasizes that 'he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember?'. And the question asked for him to say this was "When did Wind Waker take place."
That's out of context. He's using that line to introduce what he's going to explain about TP. "In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link's time." 'Adult Timeline' is a fan designation for one of the "parallel" continuities.

And for a random question: In Zelda II, is the wizard shown in the instruction guide, or the one that makes dark Link, supposed to be Agahnim (even though Agahnim is Ganon)?
I don't think so. Agahnim was killed in LttP. It could be another Bunshin of Ganon, but that's delving into the fanfic realm.

To Crash

Because it's a sealing effect, it doesn't fast forward time, time still progresses at it's natural rate, which is why everyone ages including Link. Zelda is an adult in the Adult Timeline, but whenever Link went back to the past, she became a child again as well. Don't think of them as Adult Link or Child Link, he's just Link, at least for this discussion. A lot of people get caught up on this because we think of time travel like Back to the Future, where we instantaneously travel from one point in time to another. In Link's world, his soul his sealed away for 7 years which is why everything ages. For us it's instantaneous but seven years still pass the same for Link and everyone else. Now we have to think of Zelda the same way as we do Link, there is no Adult Zelda or Child Zelda, just Zelda.

When Link goes back to the past, his "mind" physically goes back but the rest of the world remains as it was as it should be at that moment in time. It is true that the usage of "Adult Zelda" and "Child Zelda" can be confusing.

This is why the split timeline is iffy to me and sometimes I have a hard time accepting it. Zelda plays the Ocarina to transport Link back to the temple where he puts the sword back and everything reverts. Everything is young again, including Zelda. She knows that she is a sage now and everything that happened within the past 7 years.

You are assuming that Link put back the Master Sword and went back in time the normal way. This is not seen in-game (Link does, however, need to make the MS remain on the AT), though. The important part is that it is Zelda's magic that makes Link travel in time. Link goes to another timeline, where he ends up in a moment in the past. Zelda didn't know what would happen when she ordered Link to open the Door of Time when she was a child, so why would CT Zelda know this?

Link draws the Master Sword---Seven years---Link defeats Ganondorf---Link goes back in time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|
|
Link does not draw the Master Sword---Link goes to Termina--------------------------------------------------TP

(Note: Link can be sent back to another point in time)

Since Zelda finds out Ganondorf's plans at point (1), she would be unaware of them at any point of time before that. When Link ends up on the CT, she would consequently be ignorant of this future knowledge.

The reason she has the Ocarina now and not Link is because he gave it back to her, even though it was as an adult, it's now out of his possession permanently. Her playing the ocarina would have the same effect as in when we play it in Majora's Mask, coupled with the replacement of the Master Sword, everything is reverted back to the present but everything is retained by whoever is holding it; but instead of three days it's 7 years. Now that she is a sage and is a chosen part of the Triforce, the king listened to her and Link and they tried to kill off Ganondorf. One of the Major points here is just by the simple fact that she's holding the Ocarina of Time, she has control and immunity over time itself.

The difference between Zelda and Link playing the OoT is that Zelda could send Link to another timeline. When Link ends up there, CT Zelda would not have any connection to the actions of AT Zelda. Consequently, the OoT must still remain wherever it should be on that timeline (i.e. in either Zelda's or Link's possession).

/Blue Window

quote: "I have to call Occam's razor... you're attributing things to the Triforce pieces simply to suit your theory, not to conform to evidence." -
I doubt that the triforce of power is only just to transform into something...

quote: "There was no time fast-forwarding or rewinding involved. Zelda lived out seven years as a Sheikah, for example. However, it was also stated that Link wasn't "take[n] out of place and replace[d]", but was sealed for seven years." -

You just denied that there is no fast forwarding and rewinding but yet you say he was sealed. How else could he time travel then. Of course he was in the palace for 7 years, I already said that. You just said he wasn't taken out of place and replaced in the future. So that only means fast forwarding and rewinding. You even said look at the characters. I'm looking. And all the kid characters did what, are 'adult' along with Link. It's only 7 years so you wouldn't even see change in the ppl that were grown to begin with. So you just denied only to still agree :P
And Shiek is just an astral projection from zelda. Much like phantom ganon/agahnim is an astral projection from Ganon. Zelda is imprisoned in a crystal the whole time in the future of OoT. Sitting beside Ganon the whole time in the future of OoT.

quote: "Yes, she would know everything after Link tells her." -

As I say again, she still already knew to begin with. That is why she sent Link on the whole quest.

quote: "What matters is that she doesn't send Link off to gather the stones and open the DoT just for Ganon to take the ToX."

She sends Link on the quest in order for Link to gain the power to defeat Ganon.

quote: "Saria, Ruto, Darunia, etc. weren't awakened on the CT. The Sages in TP are different ones. I'll leave the debate over whether they were awakened before or after OoT out of this."

Then they (the white sages) would have been in the place of them (OoT sages) in OoT then instead of the OoT sages being "awakened". Awakened or not, whether they knew it or not, they still were sages. To me, Saria acted as if she knew all along that she was a sage. The all knowing Deku Tree would have told her.

Quote: "That's out of context. He's using that line to introduce what he's going to explain about TP. "In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link's time." 'Adult Timeline' is a fan designation for one of the "parallel" continuities."

That is not out of context. I copied and pasted exact.

quote: "I don't think so. Agahnim was killed in LttP." -

But the wizard wasn't killed in Zelda II. That's why I had asked.

quote: "Question: Where does The Wind Walker fit into the overall Zelda series timeline?
Eiji Aonuma: You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time." -

Along with his other quote of "Link went back to the present in Oot, remember?", that means that OoT ended in the present. So that would actually mean that WW takes place 100 years after the final scene in OoT. Which is Link reporting back to Zelda. NOT when Link beat Ganon in the future. Which also means that the director contradicted himself. If the parallel saying was said before this saying, more than likely it was a retcon/fix from his past sayings (the director guy).

Truthfully, so far, I'm getting this:

SS > OoT > MM > TP > WW > PH > ST

MC > FS > FSA > OoX > ALTTP > LA > LoZ > AoL

*Skyward Sword - It depicts the origin of the Master Sword and touch upon why Ganondorf appeared in Ocarina of Time. Curse of the Ganon lineage begins.
Ocarina of Time - Ganon befriends the empire in order to overthrow it. He succeeds. Link defeats him 7 years in future with the aid of rapid time progression.
Zelda warps Link to the Temple of Time and with her playing Zelda's Lullaby, allowed Link to travel to a point in time before Ganon sweet talks
the king when Link placed the master sword back in it's pedestal.
Majora's Mask - After defeating a future ganon, Link goes back to the present chit-chat with Zelda about how to handle Ganon's deception. Months later, Link
Searches for Navi for unknown reasons. Skull kid steals Links things and Epona while in Lost Woods and morphs him into a scrub. Link chases Skull kid
into alternate dimension created by the mask. Wandering Mask Collector assists and gives info to avenge his stolen things from the Skull kid as well in
order for the both of them to get back to their own dimension (Hyrule).
Twilight Princess - Over a century, after Link and Zelda thwart Ganon's attempts of a takeover through the convo seen at the end of OoT, Ganon is executed and
reborn with the power of his innate triforce of power. New Link must stop his tyranny again.
Wind Waker - 100 years after Link and Zelda thwart Ganon's attempts of a takeover through the convo seen at the end of OoT. The intro even says "weilding
the master's sword, he sealed ganon away and gave light to the land. This boy (not adult) who traveled through time to save the land was also known
as the hero of time. (pic shows kid Link of OoT riding epona like he was in MM)". This MUST have happened 1 generation after TP. By them saying Link's
legend was told generations after generations before WW starts, means there is lots of time where TP can happen in between. And since TP happens 100
years after OoT, this must shortly come right after TP. And I say at least 1 generation for that fact that it says this happens 100 years after OoT, so to
closely match that, is why I say it. A generation is about 20-25 years which can still be rounded up to the nearest earliest hundred since it is not over 50.
Phantom Hourglass - Happens a year after WW.
Spirit Tracks - Happens at least a 100 years after PH.

*Minish Cap - Touches on how the lineage of Link started to sport the headgear. In the intro, the hero before the generation of MC, did not sport any headgear either. Can
not be included in the above timeline because in SS, the hero has his headgear. And since the intro shows a previous generation without headgear as well,
this has to come first somewhere. It only makes sense that it takes it's own form as a rehash or Ultimate series of the IP.
Four Swords - Four Swords was stated by Eiji Aonuma in 2004 to be the "oldest tale" in the Legend of Zelda series. However, this has become a minority view among
theorists, due to Four Swords Adventures appearing to contain the same Link as a direct sequel to Four Swords. As Four Swords Adventures is almost
universally believed to take place around the time of A Link to the Past (generally as a prequel), this would mean that Four Swords does not occur before
Ocarina of Time.
Four Swords Adventures - The game shows how Ganondorf gains his Trident and turn permanently into the pig beast, Ganon. The other timeline, he already has a trident
even though his back story is similar to OoT. It can be said that certain aspects don't match up to the other timeline and/or legends get
altered as they pass down the line.
Oracle of Ages/Seasons - only place where it makes sense to be put. doesn't make sense anywhere else. Ganon's mother is alive, in OoT she died and ascended to
heaven. (which doesn't make sense because they were evil :P). There was never any talk in any game that indicates they were ressurected.
Unless the divine prank brought them back just like ganon. but nowhere in OoX says anything of this. So I put this here because it can't go
anywhere else. The true ending of the game shows Link sailing. Link wasn't in Hyrule during OoX. The boat could be merely just because he
is going back to Hyrule. Not because he's going to train. In LA, he was leaving hyrule. Not Holdrum, or whereever OoX takes place. Ganon also
has his trident. FSA establishes that he got the trident and that trident makes him have his pig form forever. He already had the trident in
the other timeline. OoX can't come after ALttP because the ending says the master sword sleeps again FOREVER. OoX has the master sword
used again, so it can't come after ALttP.
A Link to the Past - A Link to the Past allegedly takes place generations before the original game, as heavily emphasized in the US promotional material and on the
packaging of the Japanese edition. The game's prologue references a past event, now often referred to as the Imprisoning War, during which a portal
to the Sacred Realm where the Triforce was hidden, was opened. Ganondorf eventually claimed the Triforce, but could not leave the Sacred Realm,
and evil power began to flow from the portal. Seven Wise Men were called upon to seal the portal to the Sacred Realm, and the Knights of Hyrule
were called upon to defend the wise men. The knights suffered heavy losses, but the seal was cast, and evil flowed no more. The game shows how
the seal was broken by Ganon with the help of his alter ego, Agahnim, and about Ganon's defeat and Link's possession of the whole Triforce. Link
retrieves the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time deep in the Lost Woods in this game. At the end, it is where it is left with the game
emphasizes that it will sleep FOREVER. The games that come after this never has a master sword.
Link's Awakening - Direct sequel to A Link to the Past as it is said that he is coming from Hyrule after defeating Ganon. In a nightmare in his dreams (when he is ship
wrecked) he encounters all of the fiends of his generations' past along with his own. Although this adventure was a dream, the wind fish is real
as it appears in the sky over Link's head as Link remains with his shattered boat in the sea. The wind fish could be assumed to have induced the
dream as an act of the gods.
Legend of Zelda - Hyrule is introduced. Ganon steals the Triforce of Power. In order to face him, Link must assemble the Triforce of Wisdom. The game ends with Ganon's
death, allowing Link to retrieve the Triforce of Power and save Princess Zelda. The magical sword is not the master sword. It is not needed to defeat
ganon. only the silver arrows (light arrows) are.
Adventure of Link - Direct sequel to LoZ. Same Link.

Note that one timeline sees the triforce as one's innate nature while the other sees the triforce as an item.

Sorry about the text format. It looked perfect before I pushed the button :P

What do ya'll think of that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom