• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fergie Obliterates the National Anthem

Ninja

Well well well

This is hands down the absolute worst version I've ever heard of the National Anthem. Holy ****. The players reaction though LOL.

To keep the discussion going, is Fergie 2000 and late? What other versions of various national anthems have been butchered? Feel free to share your abominations!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
So, I was about five seconds into her singing and thought, 'This doesn't seem too bad. Ninja's probably just overreacting.' Then I watched the rest of the video and thought, 'Oh. OH. Ooooooooooooh.' Players were laughing at it towards the end it was so bad.

I can't think of another performance that tops it.

Kirino

Tatakae
I feel like singers of the anthem often go out of their way to make their own unique rendition or put a spin on it, but it usually just comes off as overdone and silly to me. This is basically that but to an even greater extent and gone horribly wrong. At least it ended up being funny.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
this video kills me

Reactions: Dio

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
As a music major who is interested in voice, this is hands down the worst rendition of the national anthem I have ever heard in my 17 and 1/2 years on this planet. Fergie should be imprisoned for treason to this country.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This is not only a bad rendition of the American National Anthem, but also one of the worst singing performances I've ever heard out of a popular recording artist. I mean I've always known Fergie wasn't the greatest singer, but this is just... awful. Hard to listen to, genuinely makes me want to hurt myself. Horrible tone, bad technique, and really pitchy. Embarrassing.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
This is not only a bad rendition of the American National Anthem, but also one of the worst singing performances I've ever heard out of a popular recording artist. I mean I've always known Fergie wasn't the greatest singer, but this is just... awful. Hard to listen to, genuinely makes me want to hurt myself. Horrible tone, bad technique, and really pitchy. Embarrassing.
Huh? I thought the singing was actually decent. It was more the fact that it was the ****ing national anthem that was so hilarious.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Huh? I thought the singing was actually decent. It was more the fact that it was the ****ing national anthem that was so hilarious.
Het high notes are yelled rather than sung, which makes them just loud rather than powerful; her vibrato is forced and really inconsistent; her tone is terrible, especially when she sang the word "night"; her voice is really pitchy in many spots; etc. I don't **** on famous singers very often, but man, Fergie sounded horrendous here. Painful to listen to, especially as someone who has a pretty good ear for that kind of thing.

Though that doesn't even say anything about this arrangement of the national anthem. It's way too over to top, and Fergie doesn't have the voice for jazz. Everything about the video is just cringe after cringe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom