• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Female Link?

Hero's Shade

Do not falter my child...
Woah woah woah, don't worry, this isn't one of those threads, just a slight observation I recently made:

Is it really that hard to believe?
hh_170.jpg

If you look towards the top right hand corner of the above image, you may notice something that may (or may not) have sparked your interest. There is concept art for Twilight Princess Link's design.

But here's the problem, is this Link female? Or just an incredibly feminine possibly more traditional elf like design?

What do you think this could mean for the future of the series? How would you feel if the next game were to feature a Female Link?

Image taken from Hyrule Historia.

Well they might in the future, they are always changing things. I heard spiderman is now African American and a Homosexual. I dont know if this is true. But thats what I heard. I have no problem with either of those I was just making a example of how they change things. But wouldnt him being a homosexual be a problem with Mary Jane Watson lol. Well enough of Spiderman. If Link was a female that would change the game alot. But they would make it work.

I don't think that's a female Link, just girly like everyone else is saying.

Making Link a female would cause utter chaos in the Zelda games and everything that has to do with Zelda IMO.

One, the classic story of "The hero saving the princess and they develop love" wouldn't work because, well, the hero would be a female. I know it doesn't explicitly say that they develop connections, but seriously, if you look at it closley they develop feelings for eachother. If it's a girl, than that's homosexuality, and then Zelda is facing law suits.

Two, timeline theorists, good luck explaining Link being a girl in the next game.

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Oh god, I love this concept art-- Anyywhoo--

Link has always been designed to be a young man. In Japanese pop-culture, a young male with very boyish features is considered attractive-- you might know this as "Bishonen"! Of course, with Nintendo's staff being Japanese-- Yeah, you get the rest.

To me, in my opinion, Link doesn't look like a female at all in any of the drawings. Maybe with the fact that the 'Feminine Link' is surrounded by a bunch of Manly concepts makes it appear the way you view it. Or perhaps it's the angle, making his eyes look larger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom