• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Female Gorons?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
They're just kind of... weird. I believe in the budding idea, or maybe they're all Metamorphic Rocks. :lol: After all, they live in a volcano.
That image... it just creeps me out.:sick:

Fierce

Deity Link
I made a large post on this very subject Right Here!

There are no female gorons despite ample opportunities to show one. TP states the gorons to be a Patriarchy, or a male-based society with male leaders. (Think the opposite of the Amazonians a Matriarchy)

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
sorry for the disturbing image guys :P but I'd REALLY laugh if they end up putting female Gorons in Skyward Sword even though I highly doubt it. Fierce's theory is a great one though so i wouldn't rule that one out. I just thought the designers didn't want to program female gorons because they WOULD look disturbing....hell, most of the common women and men in Zelda look disturbing enough (especially in OoT and MM *shivers*).

are you sure any of them are females? ;D

anyway, they are magical creatures, maybe they dont reproduce as real life animals (humans included), maybe they are just mutated rocks o_O

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Yeah a female Goron would just be...weird *shudders and thinks of Great Fairy. Look of horror crosses face.* Yeah just...just no....no. They're like worms and spawn from each other! Sure! Let's go with that!

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
Bionary Fission perhaps? Wait, no. Then they would be perfect clones of eachother. Sorry for wasting a post >.>

Nicole

luke is my wife
Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing a female Goron. I think they may be an all-male race and reproduce asexually by budding, as Xinn said. Now, the reproduction theory I'm not too sure on, but the all-male theory I can support with a few little details.

Starting with Ocarina of Time, we get a glimpse of the male Gorons. We've got the all-important Patriarch of the tribe, Darunia, who we know is male. Fast forward to Majora's Mask, and we meet Darmani, the great hero of the Gorons, who was also male. Lastly, in Twilight Princess, we see the four Goron elders and the Goron Patriarch, Darbus. The elders are certainly all male, and so is the Patriarch. "Patriarch" means "father of the house" when translated to its roots. "Matriarch" is the term for a female leader. Seeing as they are call Patriarchs, I feel it's safe to say the leaders, at the very least, are male.

Also, backing up to Ocarina of Time. I seem to recall a few times in which Darunia called Link, "Brother." I also remember in TP, almost every Goron called Link, "Brother." Whether this is simply because Link is male, or whether it is their customs to regard all people that way, is what I'm unsure of. I have a hard time imagining them calling a female, human or otherwise, "Brother," but it may be possible. :P

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
They are a bunch of rocks. Maybe they plant their seeds in the ground and every spring new gorons pops out like veggies.
Logical explaination yes?

Anubis

The most inactive active
In the Ocarina of Time manga there is a female Goron.
It's before Link helps them and a little kid cries 'Mama, I'm huuuungry!'. Maybe not those exact words, but atleast very similiar.
But the manga isn't exactly made by Nintendo, so it doesn't prove anything.
I think there are female Gorons, and if not, they probably turn into Gorons using... Rocks...

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I can think of a few possibilities that haven't been mentioned. The first and most likely is that they are like the Dwarves from Lord of the Rings, there are females, but they look exactly the same. For example, half of the Gorons in death mountain in any game could easily be female but we just can't tell which is which. Like cats, we can't tell the sex of a cat just by looking at it, we have to check for genitals :P.

Another possibility is that Gorons are grown from rocks. In another thread a long time ago, we were discussing the man who turns into a stalfos in the Lost Woods and what other species would turn into. I had the Idea that Gorons that wandered through the path from Death mountain to lost woods would become rocks hence the random rocks scattered around the lost woods. They could easily also be grown from rocks, or even, in a bizarre mating ritual, Gorons could mate with rocks to create their offspring. I really don't think they are A-sexual though, there's something about Darmani that makes him seem way too manly to go into labour.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I really don't think they are A-sexual though, there's something about Darmani that makes him seem way too manly to go into labour.

Agreed.

Didn't want boobs? What about the Zora?

Well... no offense to the Goron fans out there, but Goron seem large and manly, and a female Goron would seem the same. On the other hand, Zoras ar thinner and slightly attractive (at least, the few who are for sure female; I don't know exactly what the women think on this), plus a better color. Zoras just overall seem more attractive and therefore some people may want to see Zoraas with boobs.

Also... who here knows how the mythical phoenix reproduce?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom