• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fears?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I am dreadfully afraid of heights. I mean, it would be a rational fear, but I'm so afraid of heights that I can't walk down STAIRS without feeling like I'm going to fall. Its been getting better recently, but it still really limits the things I'm willing to do. I've never been on a rollercoaster, I hate watching people ride them and other rides that go off the ground, and if I look up into the sky I feel sick XD

I think my fear is mostly credited to when I was little I went on a ride at Dutch Wonderland. They strap you in and the ride goes up and down really fast. Or, at least I remember it being fast. I went on it with my brother and, while he seemed to enjoy the ride, I hated it. I screamed and screamed and never went on a ride like that again. Even though I was really young I remember it because it was horrible. If I had my fear before then, which I might have, it must have gotten 10x worse after that experience.

Dan

I have globophobia, which is a fear of balloons especially of the noise they make when they burst. I don't like any sudden loud bangs but being around balloons really distresses me. Its okay if I'm the one holding it or if it's one of those foil helium ones but ordinary balloons literally I will start shaking and sweating and I will eventually cry. Kids birthday parties are my worst nightmare.
StevenKing%27sIT.jpg

If anyone else has a fear of balloons don't watch this movie. I actually think it was intended for people that have globophobia, as it places so much value on using balloons as scary instances in the film, which never used to make any sense to me.

I have a fear of the dark, serious competition, heights, busy roudabouts, and of course a fear we all share and that is people.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
StevenKing%27sIT.jpg

If anyone else has a fear of balloons don't watch this movie. I actually think it was intended for people that have globophobia, as it places so much value on using balloons as scary instances in the film, which never used to make any sense to me.

I have a fear of the dark, serious competition, heights, busy roudabouts, and of course a fear we all share and that is people.

WHY THE BLUE BALLS WOULD YOU BRING THAT GODDAMNED THING HERE. I spent a whole year trying to shed the nightmares both book and movie gave me.

That damned clown. Anyone who fears clowns never watch this film.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I am ridiculously terrified of snakes. Ridiculously. Even seeing a snake on TV or in a movie sends a chill up my spine. I don't know what it is about them, I think because they are fairly quick, but I can't stand them. If I see a small garden snake I would sprint immediately away (worked very well for me when I did XC).

The worst thing is knowing that there a half-turtles half-snakes. Okay not entirely true, there are turtles with long snake like necks. And they're like three inches big. Doesn't stop me from being completely and utterly scared of them.

Reactions: Dan

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I am ridiculously terrified of snakes. Ridiculously. Even seeing a snake on TV or in a movie sends a chill up my spine. I don't know what it is about them, I think because they are fairly quick, but I can't stand them. If I see a small garden snake I would sprint immediately away (worked very well for me when I did XC).

The worst thing is knowing that there a half-turtles half-snakes. Okay not entirely true, there are turtles with long snake like necks. And they're like three inches big. Doesn't stop me from being completely and utterly scared of them.

I enjoy snakes something about them is awesome. But my question is does that fear include reptiles like bearded dragons?

Also stay away from Tortoises and terrapins those things can thrust their necks out ridiculously far and they don't let go once they bite.

Dan

WHY THE BLUE BALLS WOULD YOU BRING THAT GODDAMNED THING HERE. I spent a whole year trying to shed the nightmares both book and movie gave me.

That damned clown. Anyone who fears clowns never watch this film.

Because I ran out of red bull :(

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So i got to thinking (partly thanks to Dan and their afraid of the dark thread) what are your biggest fears? Irrational or rational, i am not here to judge. I suffer from severe arachnophobia and mild trypophobia. The irony about my Arachnophobia is that i think spiders and bloody amazing. I love them from an analytical viewpoint. I can study them and look at images/videos of them but if one came near to me i would slaughter it. And not even kindly.
This. This exactly.

If I see a spider on me, or if I walk into a web or whatever, I'll freak out and I'll be paranoid for about an hour. Sometimes longer. Doesn't matter how big the spider is. It could be tiny, it could be huge, my reaction would be the same. Same thing goes if I see a spider on an object that I have contact with, I'll probably drop it. And then I'll avoid that object for a few days, maybe months. And if I see a spider in my room, I'm not sleeping in there for a few days.

The worst is when I see a spider, look away for a brief moment to grab something to kill it with, and it's gone. I don't know where the hell it went and at that moment, the only thing on my mind is where did the ****ing spider go.

They don't bother me outside though. If I see a spider chilling in a web, not hurting anything, it's fine. In fact, if it's really big and cool looking, I'll stop to look at it for a while, maybe even take some pictures. I find spiders fascinating, despite being afraid of them, and I admit that I frequently look at pictures and videos of them because they're cool.

Another fear that I have is driving. However, I consider it more of a good thing than a bad thing. Having been in several vehicle accidents in my life, I find that I am a lot more alert while driving and, as a result, always drive safely. I get scared every time I sit in a vehicle of any kind, and that fear helps improve my driving ability. I'll probably always be scared of driving, I can't help it, but it's something that is so extremely useful I learn to live with it.

Dan

:P so evil :P

We really need to get this back on track ^^

We really do need to get it back on TRACK, which is why I'll confess another fear of mine. Traveling over train tracks, always having that fear the barriers malfunctioned and a train will smash into my car when I cross.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
We really do need to get it back on TRACK, which is why I'll confess another fear of mine. Traveling over train tracks, always having that fear the barriers malfunctioned and a train will smash into my car when I cross.

One of my fearful ones and more than likely irrational you know how on train tracks they have little gaps between the pieces of rail? This is to allow expansion and contraction to stop the elements warping. I quite often feel like the train will derail because the gaps will have expanded to much or warped a small amount.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I have a really bad, irrational fear of driving. I tried it once, but I had barely moved and freaked out. Even the thought of sitting in a driver's seat makes me anxious, nevermind driving itself. No wonder why I always get rides or take transit when I have to go somewhere!

I am also afraid of failure or inadequacy, but I've been dealing with that fear constructively and I don't think it's completely irrational, especially compared to my fear of driving. I do occasionally get thoughts like "one more mistake and I'll lose my job," but those are fairly fleeting. I actually think this is a good fear to have because it pushes you be better at whatever you choose to do.

I'm afraid of heights falling as well. I'm not inclined to skydive, jump off very high diving boards or cliffs, or ride on amusement park rides that are free-falling. However, I'm not afraid of walking across high bridges, riding in an airplane, standing near the edge of a cliff, or riding roller coasters. It's probably that sudden jerk that comes with breaking your fall, be it hitting water, activating a parachute, and so on, that scares me the most.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom