• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Fear

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Just something I whipped up for literacy, thought people might be interested in seeing it :hmm:

The feeling is there when I wake up. It was there when I was asleep. The feeling never leaves me. I want to stay by myself. Alone. No contact. There's nothing to be afraid of in isolation. Nobody. Nothing.

I want to be left alone.

The people in the world are just grains of sand in the desert that is the universe. The wind blows and the grains are scattered. Nobody notices and life goes on.

I do not fear death.

Animals intrigue me. Whether hairy, scaled, or feathered, I love them all. I do not fear the tigers and sharks who could tear me in half. I do not fear the black widows who could paralyse and kill me. I do not fear the suffocating python, nor the stinging jellyfish.

I do not fear nature.

I often sit in the shadows. So much better than the harsh light that others praise. I would sit, using my imagination to create wonderful fantasies, that can only come from the darkness itself.

I do not fear the dark.

At school people do one of two things around me. They rush by, whispering to their friends things they think I can't hear. I can hear them. They approach me. Insult me. Hurt me.

This is what I fear.

I fear the whispers. I fear their harsh words, slicing me, like a knife to my wrist. Cutting me into nothing. Pushing me so low I feel like I am slipping into hell. My own personal, private hell.

I want to be free.
A freedom that will never be.
Freedom from civilization.
Freedom from people.
Happy, simple, isolation.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I understand why you want to be iscolated from society,but I wouldn't want to leave the people even for harsh words. Other people help make us who we are,but if we're all alone... we may not make it. Harsh words can hurt our feelings,but the people who say them are only small grains of sands(like you said). If we aren't near people we won't
expirience a lot.

Good poem(correct) though! I really enjoyed reading it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom