• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fear.....it Gets the Best of Us.

L

lmmc1992

What scares you the most in Oot or MM?

Okay, so even though I've completed OoT around 11 times (and counting:)), I still have a heart-racing feeling when i come across certain foes.

I'm not talking about the feeling when you get after you beat a boss. And we know how awesome that feels! I'm talking about the average...."things".... that come for you in the temples.

For example, Wallmasters. If you know what they are, super! If not, they are the shadows that hang from the ceiling and grab you whenever you stand still for two long. Just knowing the fact that they exist in the rooms, scares me to death! I don't think i have a fear of any other foes, well that I've already overcome, that is.

So here's my question: What monsters or enemies scare you the most no matter HOW MANY YOU TIMES YOU BEAT IT in OoT. I you have other fears from different games, please feel free to explain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think to be honest that any enemy does after I know it is there, An example being the Wall Masters that you mentioned, Once I knew that these would be crawling around a few rooms in each Temple they are found in, Once I knew they were there I would wait until it dropped down and kill it.

I do get this with some of the harder boss just as I go to face them but not really that much, The only enemy I don't really like being there and used to scare me over and over were the Redeads, I hated those guys, As I have gotten older though I have realised that they arn't that scary.

It was like with Timesplitters 2 & 3 with the undead levels, I just realised that they were the same as any other enemy with just a scarier look. I am not really that scared of anything in any games any more.

L

lmmc1992

Ha, okay i see. The thing about the redeads, like you said, i was scared to death of those! haha, the way they screamed just made me want to quit playing the game.
And the only thing i hated about trying to kill them, was the fact that if you killed one, they all come after you. And the way they jump on top of you just........eh.

Well the thing about the Wall Masters, I get shaking feeling and i have to run everywhere so they dont get me. I never liked seeing it, so that's why i never tried killing it.

When I first saw it I was like......"WTF is that thing o_O......"

I didn't like the redeads because when they jumped on you it looked like they were dry humping you :lol:, Much like a dog.....I hated seeing it so I just avoided them most of the time or whooped out the Biggoron's Sword to kill them asap.

L

lmmc1992

I hated seeing it so I just avoided them most of the time or whooped out the Biggoron's Sword to kill them asap.

Hahaha! Exactly! I think the first time I saw them, was in the Graveyard, and I always went throught that steamy green poison looking stuff so i wouldnt have to fight them. But the first time I went near them, it was my first time playing, it jumped on me and i freaked out and I didn't know that I needed to try and get it off by pressing A or B, so i died....

KEEP POSTING PEOPLE!
I still need to hear what scares you the most!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rohr2

Really there was nothing in OoT that scared me. But MM gave me nightmares.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
OoT doesn't scare me or even freak me out or anything. Simple reason, this game doesn't give me the 'Zelda feel.' On the other hand, MM is just so intimidating. I still don't think anything scares me. Maybe that weird bird in Hyrule field that steals your items, just because I can't kill it yet. The whole feel of MM though is rather daunting. You feel under pressure throughout the whole game and you feel desperate. This, and the part of TP with the dying Midna are the only time where I feel I cant stop playing, not on the third day. I HAVE to save everyone, peoples lives are at risk and I have to save them.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
It's not really fright as it is... (how can I put this) disturbance, pity, and surprise.

The Redeads are something that I don't like because how I pity them. They're the undead, but somehow I can tell that they have emotions. It's because when I kill one Redead, I see another Redead bending down to it until it disappears, this seems like mourning to me and that saddnes me that somewhere in those husks is a living creature. They frighten me with that scream and sometimes I can't bear to kill them other than to remove their misery. Bah maybe I'm just overreacting, oh well.

G

Golem

It's not really fright as it is... (how can I put this) disturbance, pity, and surprise.

The Redeads are something that I don't like because how I pity them. They're the undead, but somehow I can tell that they have emotions. It's because when I kill one Redead, I see another Redead bending down to it until it disappears, this seems like mourning to me and that saddnes me that somewhere in those husks is a living creature. They frighten me with that scream and sometimes I can't bear to kill them other than to remove their misery. Bah maybe I'm just overreacting, oh well.

That's how I felt at first when I was running through Hyrule Castle Town after the 7 year gap. After meeting them a couple of times, though, they became more annoying than profound. When you stop and think, it's pretty sad, but more often than not I'm just zooming through there.

Now wallmasters... those consistently freak me out. The prospect of getting kicked back to the beginning of the dungeon is not one I like to face.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Oka first of all, you are amazing for creating this thread because I feel the same way as you do. I get all scared of some of the enemies and I dont get scared easily in real life. Second, I hate redeads. Im not scared of them, they just look sooo weird. I am such a wimp when I walk past them. It takes me like 2 minutes to decide when to run past them! The other thing I hate with a passion, dead hand. I pretty much crapped my pants when I saw it. It looked like a weird blob of mashed potatos that was trying to get me. So,yeah. Those two are pretty much the killers for me. I actually like wall masters. What I dont like is Navi trying to make me scared with the warning she gives to me, telling me they are there. She says it soo spooky.

Len

Zelda On Paper
ok, a rewritte is needed here...so... here i go, games does not give me fears... they are just...videogames and one should not be afraid of something unreal or something that would never happend, i used to fear re-deads when i was 8, now, i have realized that there,s nothing to be scared off: they are just....Videogames and nothing scary to fear about

Last edited:
L

lmmc1992

The Redeads are something that I don't like because how I pity them.

WOOOAHH:) you pity them? That was the last thing I would think of about them. So, what? People die.....they just look scarier... ha

BTW: THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom