• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fear.....it Gets the Best of Us.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
WOOOAHH:) you pity them? That was the last thing I would think of about them. So, what? People die.....they just look scarier... ha

BTW: THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES!

Well yea people die. But tell me, do you want to live your afterlife like them? They must be suffering quite a bit when you look at them. If there's an afterlife then I want to rest in peace, not be a rotting husk stuck in life.

octorok74

TETTAC
The only enemy that really scared me from OOT were the redeads. Their scream just pierced my insides. I still have nightmares from the screams.

F

ForestSheikah

Floormasters. (Wait too long with killing the three tiny ones they separate into and they reform. Wait too long to shield and you get grabbed. If one of the tiny ones grabs you, you get a big one.)

Well yea people die. But tell me, do you want to live your afterlife like them? They must be suffering quite a bit when you look at them. If there's an afterlife then I want to rest in peace, not be a rotting husk stuck in life.

Are the Redeads the living dead? I don't think they are. I think they're always like that, because in OoT, all the residents of Hyrule Castle Town escaped to Kakariko Village - they weren't turned into Redeads.

And speaking of Redeads...*squeals and hides* I have ALWAYS been freaked out by them. The moaning, knowing they're near, and then the shrill scream that freezes you in your tracks...*shudder*. And then when you kill them, their corpse stays there, and even though I know they won't get back up, I still wait for them to disappear. Even so, the Redeads in OoT still aren't as scary as the ones in the sequels. It's funny when they dance in MM, as well. :lol: Stalchildren terrify me as well. After finding out about them, I avoided going out to Hyrule Field at night as a child whenever I could, and if I didn't have a choice, I'd stay in the river till dawn.

They still don't compare to Dead Hand, though. I was definitely not expecting a grotesque, mutilated blob of bloody pale flesh wriggling towards me as I was clenched in an equally bloody and pale hand...and its eyes are empty sockets and its mouth opens really wide (for some reason, I find big mouths absolutely horrifying). And when it dies, it twitches. D:

As for MM, I haven't really played it too much, but I was so happy when I found out you could skip the mask transformations. I couldn't stand watching Link go through so much pain. The game itself is also incredibly unnerving, because throughout the whole game, you feel like Termina is in denial (well, it is, really), and that there's a constant undercurrent of fear and uncertainty. And, of course, the moon.

L

lmmc1992

They still don't compare to Dead Hand, though. I was definitely not expecting a grotesque, mutilated blob of bloody pale flesh wriggling towards me as I was clenched in an equally bloody and pale hand...and its eyes are empty sockets and its mouth opens really wide (for some reason, I find big mouths absolutely horrifying). And when it dies, it twitches. D:

Wow, deja vu! I just played yesterday, and I was at the bottom of the well, and I came across a Dead Hand! It's not the fact that it scared me, it was just pretty gross looking, and yeah, the twitching part just made it even more weird...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
readeads from windwaker and oot and gibdos from oot and mm. Because of two reasons. #1. they look ultra creepy (yes the cell shaded redeads are the scariest in my scroll) and two they have blood curdling screams. i always dread the shadow temple and the well when playing oot.

B

Bag

Those zombies in Hyrule when you're an adult; redeads I think they're called

they scared the **** out of me when I first played the game as a child, I was probably 9-10 years old, now they're just annoying to me at this time now that I'm much older :)

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I have to agreee on the floormasters. Whenever I knew that they were there, I would have to run out of the room as fast as possible.

S

Shounenbat

Redeads. I never liked them. The weirdest thing about them is that when you kill one, all the others flock over to its body, regardless of where you are, as though they're going to eat it or something. Needless to say, I never stuck around Hyrule Market in the adult years long.

N

nfl797

When i was younger Wallmasters all ways scared me also
But after i beat it for my 4th time they didnt bother me

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Redeads scared me when I was 5... I played my brother's file (It was 100% completed, hearts, golden skulltula's and everything... Hack much? :P) and I got caught by the redeads. I dropped the controller and started screaming. I was afraid to go back into the room so I just left the game on while the redeads were killing me! :lol:

Something else that is funny is that I could never fight a boss when I was 5... I had to ask my brother to kill it. I even asked my brother "How did you get more hearts? How did you get that green bar?" and everything else... But he never told me. He basically gave up helping me.

So I got up to Jabu Jabu's belly and was stuck there for months. No one would help me. So basically, my brother lent the game to his friends, they lost it and I never played Zelda on N64 again. (I was about 7 or 8 when he gave it away)

So now I play OoT on an emulator. :( :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Redeads scared me when I was 5... I played my brother's file (It was 100% completed, hearts, golden skulltula's and everything... Hack much? :P) and I got caught by the redeads. I dropped the controller and started screaming. I was afraid to go back into the room so I just left the game on while the redeads were killing me! :lol:

Something else that is funny is that I could never fight a boss when I was 5... I had to ask my brother to kill it. I even asked my brother "How did you get more hearts? How did you get that green bar?" and everything else... But he never told me. He basically gave up helping me.

So I got up to Jabu Jabu's belly and was stuck there for months. No one would help me. So basically, my brother lent the game to his friends, they lost it and I never played Zelda on N64 again. (I was about 7 or 8 when he gave it away)

So now I play OoT on an emulator. :( :P

That was kinda harsh, your brother not helping you. You probably didn't know about GameFAQs back then, either.

Your story reminded me of the way I played Zelda when I was that age. I was scared of every enemy. Not just ReDeads, Gibdos or even the dreaded Dead Hand -- everything. When the enemy encounter music started up, I jumped and tried to sprint away as fast as I could. I also didn't enter any dungeons because I knew there would be a ton of enemies and no easy way out. I'm not sure why I was so afraid of them, although it may have been because I didn't want poor Link to get hurt (which I still don't like when it happens).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom