• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourites that wont be beaten

We all have our favourites, some feel like favourites until something better comes along but others feels as if theyll never be beaten.

Which favourites do you have (anime, movie, video games, books etc) that you love so much that you cant ever see being dethroned by something from the same medium?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Spider-Man 2, City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold, Majora's Mask, Skyrim, Fallout 3, the Artemis Fowl books. All of those are pretty up there for me it would be hard for something else to dethrone those.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Frank Ocean as a music artist.

GTA San Andreas in the GTA series.

Return of the King as a film.

Tolkien in fantasy.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Saber in fencing (Duh)

For a book, I'd say "And Then There Were None", by Agatha Christie would be hard to dethrone, although "The Odyssey" almost did

For a movie, The Princess Bride cannot be beaten. That is certain

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Back to the Future - Pinch out as many $h!tty "reboot" cash-ins as you want, Pedowood, even you can't tarnish the Back to the Future Trilogy.

Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back - see above

The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy - even an honest attempt at another LotR movie adaption would be hard pressed to beat Peter Jackson's epic masterwork.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Night Watch
Best book I've ever read. I love it more now than I did when I first read it. I doubt I'll love any book as much as I love this one. The only thing I don't like about it is that I'll never get it signed.

It still hurts ;_;

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Witcher 3. It took 9 years before something came to dethrone my previous favourite game (Twilight Princess) but W3 managed to do it. Great storytelling, characters, soundtrack, world and gameplay along with DLC that is done the way all DLC should be done. This is the best game of all time as far as I am concerned and I don't see it being beaten.

The Lord of The Rings movie trilogy. These are the best films ever made in my humble opinion. I am pretty certain they won't be dethroned.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I can't say for sure that anything I like will never be beaten, but there are some things in different categories that I think it would be difficult for anything to ever replace my favorite.

Book Series- Harry Potter
TV show- Supernatural
Sitcom- That 70s Show
Movie- Fight Club

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Video game: Ocarina of Time

Online game: Wizard101 (because it's my first game that wasn't a Lego game)

Movie: Return of the Jedi (I switch between that and Empire Strikes Back a lot)

Anime: Death Note

Ninja

Well well well
Music Artist - Eminem
Book Series - Harry Potter
Video Game - Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Movie - Forrest Gump
TV Show - South Park

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
With video games, the Zelda series for sure. Even when it shared the spot with Monster Hunter, it was never dethroned. With anime, I would say Hyouka. It’s not my most favorite, but it has been a favorite for over six years straight and I don’t see that changing soon. With music, my favorite song has been Luminous by UROBOROS for a few years now and it’s hard too see it being topped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom