• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Zelda Quote

So, what's everyone's favourite quote from the Legend of Zelda series? It can be from any character from any game.
Mine is "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" I find that this quote really sums up the dark undertones in Majora's Mask and really helps to set up the atmosphere of the game.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I would have to say most of Ghirahim's dialog was awesome. Here are some of my favorites:

Before Koloktos:
"Your incessant buzzing around my head like some irksome gadfly when I'm THIS busy is...Well it's making me very disagreeable."

"Do you have any idea how that makes me feel? Furious, outraged, SICK with anger!!"
"I need to vent all this unhealthy anger, and your agony is such a great stress reliever."

His BEST one though:
Before Scaldera-

"It won't take more than a few moments with my friend before you're charred to a satisfying crisp. And let me tell you, that will put a spring in my step!"

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Kaepora Gaebora(MM)

"By no means should you grow impatient. Impatience brings uneasiness and that distracts the heart." I may have the exact wording wrong but that general idea

Hero's Shade(TP)
"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." again I may exact wording wrong.

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
"I am Error" is kind of the go-to, just so memorable. Another one we all know, "It's dangerous to go alone, take this." That quote could refer to a friend or some other object of comfort (no I'm not saying that your friend is an object). It's pretty much saying that you shouldn't be alone in life.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
Here is a serious quote that I like from Ocarina of Time:
The rising sun will eventually set, a newborn's life will fade. From sun to moon, moon to sun. Give peaceful rest to the living dead. ~Sun's Song Inscription

Here is a fun quote from Ocarina of Time that I find funny and didn't notice the first time through:
You know, If I was as good looking as you, I'd start another type of business! ~Poe Merchant

Haha... Makes me laugh every time.

Some more from Majoras Mask I like are:

Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... -Happy Mask Salesman

A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended....-Majoras Mask

The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears. The thunder that strikes the earth is my anger.- Flat

I grant to you a soldier who has no heart. One who will not falter in the darkness.- King of Ikana

Last edited:
"Those who do not know the danger of wielding power will, before long, be ruled by it." - Light Spirit Lanayru.
This is one of my favorite quotes since it's the perfect way to sum up such a powerful vision. It's also why so many rulers in history became corrupted.

My favorite deep line would be from Ocarina of Time here it is:

"Time passes, people move.... Like a rivers flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth... Now listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself...." -Sheik

I love that line. These are the kind of lines that are evidence that Zelda can be more than just a childs game.

and then of course there's the funny lines like
"It's dangerous to go alone take this!"
or
"I am Error"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom