• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Video Game Console?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Title speaks for itself.

This includes handhelds btw.

My favourite is a tie between the PS3 and the 3DS.

I await your responses you beautiful people. <3

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I'll choose 2. One being the full package, games and all, while the other would be just the console. Since PC remains my primary console I like to think I'm completely un-biased when it comes to consoles since they're all just secondary machines and I always get them all, eventually. :P

So my favourite full-package, have to give it to the PS2. Definitely my most played console, it had so many great games, loved the controller, and even though the first 2 we owned broke pretty quickly, my slim is still rocking even today! Even gave Final Fantasy X a little play-through not so long ago, too, and it's all working perfectly. So, PS2 wins. PS3 would probably be second.

Favourite console alone, Xbox One. Really like the features and I use it pretty much everyday; even if I don't play games it's just so useful as this big media box with all the stuff it can do, I can watch TV then get a popup saying check out someone streaming, my boyfriend snaps Sky Sports to see match results while I play games. Very useful!

This is a really hard question, especially since we're including handhelds...

I can't decide between the 3DS, Wii U, and SNES. Even the PS1 and Xbox 360 are up there too.

My favorite console would have to be the PS1. It has a lot of good games on it & great third party support. The SNES is my second favorite console due to the same reasons as the PS1.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
This is a tough one to answer. For instance the one I probably use the most is my PS3, because it's my main blu-ray/dvd-player (since it gets better picture than my regular dvd-player, which I only keep around because I have some dvd's from other regions which cannot be played on the ps3). I love the menu system, much more organized and straightforward than on the 360, which I just feel is becoming more and more a clutter of adverticing and "please give us another phone number/e-mail adress to further verify your account" messages. But I have more games on my 360 that are must-plays for me than on my ps3. But the ps3 also have older titles available for sale, so I can relive ps1 classics (never had a ps2, so that wouldn't be re-living for me personally).

Then there's the WiiU, which I only have a couple of titles on so far, but each of those are also absolute solid games that I enjoy to the max. The gamepad is my favourite gaming accessory and I really wish I could play more games with it because it makes it so much easier keeping maps, items, etc in check. And the WiiU also has the older nintendo titles available as digital purchases, so it gives me access to most of my favourite nintendo games that way.

And then there's the 3DS which gives me so much gaming liberty, especially bringing my two favourite Zelda titles with me on the go :) I tend to play it in bulks, where I will game battery-draining sessions day upon day, and then a while where I just leave it be. But I'm like that with all my consoles, so.

So, I don't really know. Different consoles give different things. But I do see that my opinion is different when I don't factor in games, than when I do.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
It's hard to talk about consoles without going by nostalgia. Most people's favorite console is whatever was out when they were 10-15.

I'm 23 and my favorite console was the Gamecube, so it makes sense. I also love the PS2, SNES, GBA and PS2, but Gamecube has a special place in my heart.

Maybe it is nostalgia. My older cousin loves the N64 because that was his childhood. But with the 6th gen, I felt like it was the perfect balance. It had the graphical capability to make colorful 3D graphics but budgets were never too strict to the point where creativity is stifled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom