• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Underrated Game?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Whats a game you like that most people haven't heard of, or that you feel is just underrated in general?

for me its probably prismata or naruto-arena

Conker's Bad Fur Day is the only game I could think of that looks like most people have not heard of and I think it is also underrated.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Who knows what people with executive powers think is "relevant" but I don't see the point in cluttering boards with thirty different threads of repeated topics so this one is coming back until it's locked or I'm booted.

Anyway, I was watching some of AntDude's backlog today and remembered that Wario Land needs someone to remember it. Guys, if you have any interest in retro gaming, you need to try these games. Wario found his niche in platforming levels with more verticality and "open-world" levels. He further differentiated himself by his immortality and gaining powers not by killing enemies or gathering upgrades but by tanking HITS from enemies! Truly a forgotten series that could absolutely be revisited with some mild success today.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Definitely Alpha Protocol. It's the James Bond/Jason Bourne RPG we didn't know we wanted until we had it. It's the sort of game regaled as a cult classic for being smartly written and ahead of its time, but sold poorly.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Hm, sounds like the sort of game that belongs in my backlog.

It's definitely worth a try if you're into it. It's from Obsidian, the folks behind stuff like Fallout: New Vegas. It was pulled from Steam due to music licensing rights apparently expiring, but you can still find a physical copy of it for reasonable price on PC and consoles.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Oh shoot, Sega and Obsidian back when they were actually Obsidian! That's a good combo, in definitely keeping an eye out for this one. It's surprisingly affordable for not being able to be produced ever again.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Secret Weapons Over Normandy was a LucasArts game and a spiritual successor of sorts to Star Wars Rogue Squadron. Fun as hell game with playable aircraft on both sides and theaters of WW2. It also has a surprisingly similar story to the first Captain America movie now that I’m thinking about it. It’s was released on the Xbox and PS2 so it’s not exactly easy to get, but still loads of fun.

Also, Sid Meiers Pirates will forever be Sid Meiers best game. It’s on Steam but that version doesn’t work well without fan patches.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Last Story. I think it was well received critically at the time and it was brought to the west from being Japanese only as a result of campaigning but I don't hear people mention it much anymore and it seems to have died with the Wii. I think it should have been remade in HD by now for Switch or even ported to PC and other consoles.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I had my name on the Operation Rainfall petition and bought The Last Story when in dropped. It still registers every time I consider replaying a game. I remember the combat being like a 6.5/10, the Story being like a 7/10 and the visuals being a 7.7/10 but all of those on the Wii made it an awe-inspiring affair on the hardware at the time. I've been meaning to get around to Pandora's Tower too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom