• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Sword Phase in SS

Which of These is your favourite?

Just to add I really like this style of drawing used in the sword.

01Goddess_Sword_Icon.png02Goddess_Longsword_Icon.png03Goddess_Whitesword_Icon.png04Master_Sword_Icon_(Skyward_Sword).pngTrue_Master_Sword_Icon.png

Sorry for posting this in the wrong place but I forgot how to delete posts. :(

Last edited:
I moved the thread for you. ;)

Oh, but I'd say my favorite sword phase in this game is the Goddess White Sword. When I first obtained it, and read "white sword", it immediately reminded me of the White Sword from the first game. x) No, but it's a pretty sword. The ivory color actually looks really nice. At least for the foes whose last sight is that sword, get to admire its beauty before they die (er, disappear in a puff of purple smoke).

As much as I love the (True) Master Sword, since I've grown used to it in previous titles, the hilt is a bit too bright of a blue for my tastes. I know it's part of the art style, which I do not have a problem with, but it took a while to adjust to.

Though it isn't new, my favorite is the True Master Sword. Unlike mandym, I am a fan of the bright colors. Also, the Goddess Sword, Goddess Longsword, and Goddess Whitesword have less contrast, and the (False?) Master Sword is too dull for my tastes.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Hmmm... I personally found myself to be quite fond of the Master Sword's 4th phase. When I was playing through Skyward Sword, one of the things that continued to recur in my mind, was the thought of finally obtaining the Master Sword at some point. When I eventually got the Master Sword, (in it's 4th phase) A wave of nostagia hit me and I was so elated! MY GOAL WAS COMPLETE. ;D Now, of course I didn't know that there would be a final "true" form of the Master Sword at this point, so I was pretty satisfied with my current Master Sword Phase. The thinner guard in the 4th phase reminds me of the Master Sword in Twilight Princess, and I prefer the muted colors over the brighter colors that are used in the Master Sword's final form. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the 5th phase too, but I just seem to have a preference for the 4th phase's colors~

One thing that I do care for in the Master Sword's 5th phase, is that it has the Triforce on the part of the blade nearest to the hilt (the fuller?). I love that the Triforce was placed on the Master Sword in all of the different designs that it has had throughout the years- ALttP, OoT, TP, WW, and now SS. I found it peculiar that the Triforce wasn't placed on the 4th phase of the Master Sword forging in SS...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The True Master Sword is the absolute best to me. Not only does it look the coolest, but it's also iconic to the series. One of my favorite sections of the MS is its open-wing design on the hilt. Somehow it fits in with the sword's title as a whole: The Blade of Evil's Bane. My days of playing Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, and even Wind Waker have left me partial to it. In addition I love the Triforce design near the hilt of the blade. It seems to be pointing straight toward the tip's target, be it an enemy's chest or right in their forehead...where it would be the foe's end.

I hope to see the Master Sword always included in or mentioned in Zelda titles, so long as the franchise lasts (which I'm certain will be a long time yet), and that its reapplied capability (Sword Beams) will appear just as much. Together the two make a deadly pair.

Gotta love the true master sword. It's just too pretty. It also comes with the best looking scabbard imo. I really like how it looked with the game's art style, and how it's more bluish than purple, and how the green patterning on the handle, like it is in TP.

Never been a huge fan of the Master Sword's design; I like literally every design in Skyward Sword better than the traditional Master Sword (or in Skyward Sword, the "True Master Sword.")

However, my absolute favorite of Skyward Sword is the Master Sword. The first one. The familiar version from the rest of the series is actually called the "True Master Sword" in Skyward Sword, but the version just before it ("Master Sword") is my favorite. It's so wicked. Green crisscrosses on the grip, with a dark gray or dark purple hilt. It's a wicked color scheme. Check it out up close:

SS_Master_Sword.png

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I really hated the Goddess White Sword, I much preferred the Goddess Longsword. The Longsword had a beautiful, rich turquoise color that lacked the greyish tint all others had. The Goddess White Sword has much less of a white color than the color my milk is after I'm finished with my Lucky Charms (if you don't believe me on that, go eat some). The downward points on the handgaurd make it look so much nicer than the Goddess Sword, and who doesn't like double damage?? I found no use for the extra dowsing, since I almost never use it, and then I only need one of those spots.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
The true master sword is my favorite and It just strikes me as deadly. The blade of evil's bane... Sounds wicked. I love how it seems to look menacing with it's wings spread. It's beautiful.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
The Goddess Longsword is my fav. The first time I saw the Goddess Sword transform into it I was like "Alright, we're getting somewhere!!" and I love the design of it so much. At first I couldnt wait to get the Master Sword, but when I finally did, I actually REALLY missed the Goddess Sword :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom