• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Favourite SSB Game?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Which game of the series is your favourite?

• N64

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Melee

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Brawl

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 3DS/Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ultimate

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now that Ultimate has been released it's a good time to re-evaluate what is your favourite title in the Smash Bros series. Perhaps Ultimate has become your favourite already, or maybe your "favourite" title will be based on nostalgic feelings or other reasons.

----------------------------

I don't have any particular nostalgic attachment to the previous games despite having played them. Based on the amount of characters/variety and the feel of Ultimate so far I think it's my favourite already.

I've been playing Smash since the beginning and I've played them all a lot but Melee is still my favourite.

I don't want to sound elitist and i am in no way a conpetitive player, but Melee felt the best and it had so much that I loved.

I still love the Adventure mode, I still love the event matches and i loved the trophies, they opened up so many worlds to me.

Melee also felt like a true sequel, yeah it was on stronger hardware but there was just so much in it. It wasn't just Smash 64 but better, it was a new Smash, the next Smash.

And all these years later, even after Ultimate, for me, it is still the best Smash.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Melee is all I need. The other games are fine and all but they do all this extra stuff (which is nice) but Melee is just like essential Smash. If you can do without all the additional features and bells and whistles of Brawl and Ultimate then Melee suits just fine :)

Mido

Version 1
In a strange twist of fate of sorts, I actually consider the original my personal favorite. Compared to its successors, it is certainly primitive, but still a decent time nonetheless with an intimate cast of characters and good stages coupled with a solid classic mode despite its repetitive nature. Metal Mario and the Fighting Polygon Team are forever iconic. Strangely, Melee's fallen down my list over the years despite it being the first I played; although this has less to do with the game itself and more to do with some complications I've had with the game. Every time I would get close to unlocking every character, my data would fly off into the distance, meaning I could never unlock Mewtwo and Mr. Game and Watch. I do still think he game has the best target test and event matches though. The rest of the games I enjoy fine, even if Smash 4's single player was a sparse one. As for Brawl, I spend hours with Subspace back in the day and it was a good time. I don't have a verdict on Ultimate yet because I have not played it. Ultimately, the original gets my vote mostly due to it being the one I've played most with others in addition to what I've stated above.

My vote goes to Melee. I think it has the best gameplay with its fast paced style, and I love its Adventure Mode as well as the original 51 Event Matches. Seeing Giga Bowser for the first time was an iconic moment for me. While I don't play the game nearly as much these days, I still actively watch the competitive scene.

Ultimate is a close second, however. It feels great to finally see Young Link in Smash again along with a faster game flow. Also, unique Classic Mode bosses is a huge plus. The thing holding Ultimate back from greatness is the grindy nature of World of Light and preferred rules often being ignored in online matches.

Quin

Disaster Master
Ultimate Finally dethroned Melee for me. I'm not sure which gameplay style I actually prefer between the two, but ultimate fixed a LOT of problems I had with Brawl and smash 4, making it faster and less defensive. Melee is still faster but also sometimes uncontrollably fast. Either way, the content edges out for Ultimate. All my favorite smash stages in one game, together with all characters AND Ridley and K.rool? It almost doesn't get better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom